Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This weeks ask Freedman on Twitter - Q and A's

+4
Norpig
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

"Hi everyone. I'm currently sitting our hotel in Spain getting ready for our second session this evening."

what benefits the lads training abroad?

Good question. The conditions make it a huge difference in how you coach. No wind, no rain - you can coach through communication."

How are the new signings settling in?

Being together for this week will enable the new players to understand how we work and help integrate them with the rest of the squad."

Have you chosen the captain for this season

A captain should put his team-mates first. He needs to know their individual needs and also the needs of the club." This week will tell me who is capable of sacrificing their needs for the team's benefit."

how come we didn't snap up Jay Spearing after his successful loan last season?

This is one problem with loans. You work with them, they go back better with an increased value. We have nothing to show at the end."

"Jay Spearing did wonderfully well for our club and of course I like him as a player and person."

who would you say works the hardest in training?

Kitman. Very sweaty kit!"

We have seen pictures of Mark Davies with the team, what does his pre season consist of?

Mark's been mountain biking this morning with Luke Woodland. They'll be swimming this afternoon. Also hearing the detailed coaching."

Will you be looking to add more firepower before the season starts?

Keeping clean sheets was a priority when I came to the club. Now more fire-power is needed and we're working on that front."

why didn't chungy join the team

I felt Chungy needed an extended rest after his game on June 18. He covered a lot of ground over the season with training and games."

who is the most improved player from last season?

Knight, Eagles, Pratley, Bogdan and Ngog." :facepalm: 

what are the team doing right now?

Relaxing and sleeping. We have an evening session at 5pm." (This was tweeted at about 3'0'clock today!)

can we expect to see Jan Gregus this season? Will his move become permanent?

Jan was very unlucky with injury towards the end of last season. I think we will see him and hopefully we will make it work."

Have we still got the option of a chelsea player on loan from the cahill deal?

I believe that is the case, but we have not got an option on which player. We're back at improving other team's players again."

what do Bolton fans have to look forward to through this transfer window/and season and which player do you have gd hopes for?

With FFP coming in, we need to look at value for money. If the right player is available and there's potential then we will buy him."

Dougie is the signing of Jay Spearing a realistic proposition for BWFC

We spoke to Liverpool and their valuation was too high. Please do not believe the price that some journalist makes up."

what's impressed you most about bolton since u became manager?

The infrastructure of the club. Our training ground, stadium and a board that let me get on with my work."

Do you ever watch local non league games and try and unearth a 'hidden gem'?

Yes, we do. I signed three players from non-league when I was at Palace. I still believe there is potential in the lower leagues."

What do you think of the Bolton fans?

"It has taken time, we're all pulling in the same direction. I thank you for the support and reaction on what we're trying to achieve."

Thanks for the questions guys. I'm now going to set up for our training session at 5pm."

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Straight talking from Dougie. I like his style.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

As good as loan players can be I get the impression he isn't a huge fan of the loan market.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't blame him because it makes no economical sense.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i like what he says but i would still like to see us getting Spearing back, he was excellent last season and we only have Medo who can truly play as a defensive midfielder. If he gets injured what do we do then?

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:i like what he says but i would still like to see us getting Spearing back, he was excellent last season and we only have Medo who can truly play as a defensive midfielder. If he gets injured what do we do then?
With you mate... get me Dawson and Spearing and Beckford and I'll think we can go up in the top two places.  Dawson being the key to me!!!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For 1.5 million I would think Spearing would prefer to play for us rather than sign for the unpredictable Venky's. It's been reported tonight that Blacburn have offered 1.75 million for Spearing so it looks like a cat and mouse bidding war at the moment.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

One of the most improved players El Prat ffs !!!!!!!!!  If that means climbing from being utter shite to just shite then he might be right but and its a big but that would mean he rates him and that destroys any hope I had in the guy. I am dreading watching that heap of shit again for another season,please please some fucker break his leg in training  or in a forthcoming friendly,please please !!!:pray: :pray: :pray:

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sources close to Spearing say he want's to stop in the Prem but if he has to drop down there's only one place he want's to go.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tigermin wrote:One of the most improved players El Prat ffs !!!!!!!!!  If that means climbing from being utter shite to just shite then he might be right but and its a big but that would mean he rates him and that destroys any hope I had in the guy. I am dreading watching that heap of shit again for another season,please please some fucker break his leg in training  or in a forthcoming friendly,please please !!!:pray: :pray: :pray:

I would still rather have Pratley than Andrews. Does that make me a bad person?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Spearing was voted our Player of the Year. I suspect Dougie doesn't wish to be drawn into a bidding war if truth be told.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Tigermin wrote:One of the most improved players El Prat ffs !!!!!!!!!  If that means climbing from being utter shite to just shite then he might be right but and its a big but that would mean he rates him and that destroys any hope I had in the guy. I am dreading watching that heap of shit again for another season,please please some fucker break his leg in training  or in a forthcoming friendly,please please !!!:pray: :pray: :pray:

I would still rather have Pratley than Andrews. Does that make me a bad person?

I would rather play with 10 men,fuck me the season hasnt even started and the useless piece of shit is making my blood boil again.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

"What do you think of the Bolton fans?"

"Truth be told, I think they are by and large a thick set of planks who wouldn't know decent football if I kicked one in the middle of their fat faces."

[The response above is entirely a figment of my imagination and is in no way attributable to our erstwhile and highly respected manager who has our total backing and respect.]

What exactly was that person going for when he asked that question? Or was it "ask a stupid question" day and nobody told me?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum