Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should Fat People Work In Gyms?

+9
Sluffy
Keegan
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Quent
Hipster_Nebula
bwfc71
largehat
Natasha Whittam
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Empty Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Thu Mar 01 2012, 11:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In order to keep my super-model body I got up early this morning and went to the gym. They've got this new manager supervising the early shift....very friendly and very professional but bloody FAT!

She clearly had on an XXL gym uniform but it was still three sizes too small and literally made her look like the Michelin Man.

So my question is this: should fat people be allowed to work in a gym? Surely if you join a gym you expect the staff to be slim and healthy - you want something to aspire too surely?

And despite employment law always falling on the side of the employee, surely it's fair to dismiss this woman for being overweight? After all, she is portraying the gym in a negative light.

2Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Empty Re: Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Thu Mar 01 2012, 12:04

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

While it's generally desirable for an employee to be a good advertisement for their services, it's not make or break.

You probably wouldn't want your hair cut by a hairdresser with a terrible hair cut, or receive tailoring advice from a scruffily dressed clothes salesperson, but it's not an accurate or fair measure of their competencies in the role, it's just superficial perception.

3Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Empty Re: Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Thu Mar 01 2012, 12:05

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If the person is the best candidate for the job then yes.

Colour, sex, size, fitness etc should never be called into question as a pre-requisite for any job.

4Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Empty Re: Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Thu Mar 01 2012, 12:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:If the person is the best candidate for the job then yes.

Colour, sex, size, fitness etc should never be called into question as a pre-requisite for any job.

What a load of PC rubbish. Colour should never be a factor but the rest should.

I wouldn't want a male toilet attendant in the ladies. Should a hotel/restaurant be forced to take one on?

A 25 stone man wouldn't make much of a jockey. Should a stable be forced to take him on?

Shouldn't a personal trainer be able to run more than 50 yards without needing a rest? Should a gym be forced to take a 22 stone woman who hasn't seen her toes since 1994?

The world has gone mad. Of course you should be discriminated against if you're fat, unhealthy and male.

5Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Empty Re: Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Thu Mar 01 2012, 12:34

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

should thin people work in macdonalds?

6Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Empty Re: Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Thu Mar 01 2012, 12:59

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Hipster_Nebula wrote:should thin people work in macdonalds?
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

7Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Empty Re: Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Thu Mar 01 2012, 13:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:should thin people work in macdonalds?

Of course. People want to aspire to be those thin people who clearly eat loads of burgers but manage to keep in shape.

8Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Empty Re: Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Thu Mar 01 2012, 13:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There are a couple of largish personal trainers at my gym, but their job is to advise people on how to exercise safely and achieve their objectives which can be as varied as injury rehab, building muscle, building stamina, enhancing flexibility, retarding bone mass decay with aging, body shaping or losing weight (I go for all the above!)

Not everybody goes to the gym to have a sterotype of a body so for me the requisite crtiterion for employment in that role is "do they know what the f** they're doing?"

Incidentally, I quite like larger ladies - or rather I don't differentiate on the basis of body size.

I am omnivorous.

Last edited by wanderlust on Thu Mar 01 2012, 13:08; edited 1 time in total

9Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Empty Re: Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Thu Mar 01 2012, 13:08

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:If the person is the best candidate for the job then yes.

What a load of PC rubbish. Colour should never be a factor but the rest should.

I wouldn't want a male toilet attendant in the ladies. Should a hotel/restaurant be forced to take one on?

A 25 stone man wouldn't make much of a jockey. Should a stable be forced to take him on?

Shouldn't a personal trainer be able to run more than 50 yards without needing a rest? Should a gym be forced to take a 22 stone woman who hasn't seen her toes since 1994?

The world has gone mad. Of course you should be discriminated against if you're fat, unhealthy and male.

Did I mention anything of Political Correctness? No I didn't, but you did Nats.

What I said that the person that best fits the profile of the job, the person that can be considered to do the job the best should be taken on - irrelative of age, sex, fitness, etc - its about getting the best person not ticking the boxes. I.e The best candidate!

Blimey I am nowhere near politically correct, as I got told last night as a fellow Englishman said I should not use the word black to describe someone's skin colour as its racist and was ready to give me a "good hiding" because I used the word black!!!!

10Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Empty Re: Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Thu Mar 01 2012, 13:51

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whenever I see really fat people I always assume that they must have really low self esteem and zero personal pride.

It wouldn't bother me if I was in a gym with a Fatty Harbuckle type instructing me because I would look positively slim alongside the salad dodger.

Julius Caesar once said, " Surround me with fat people for they have no ambition,"

11Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Empty Re: Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Thu Mar 01 2012, 14:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:There are a couple of largish personal trainers at my gym, but their job is to advise people on how to exercise safely and achieve their objectives which can be as varied as injury rehab, building muscle, building stamina, enhancing flexibility, retarding bone mass decay with aging, body shaping or losing weight (I go for all the above!)

Not everybody goes to the gym to have a sterotype of a body so for me the requisite crtiterion for employment in that role is "do they know what the f** they're doing?"

Incidentally, I quite like larger ladies - or rather I don't differentiate on the basis of body size.

I am omnivorous.

Just because you're a regular on ChubbyChasers.com doesn't mean the rest of the world should have to see it.

12Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Empty Re: Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Thu Mar 01 2012, 14:43

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Nothing wrong with a bit of meat on the bone Natasha.

13Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Empty Re: Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Thu Mar 01 2012, 14:44

If a Bolton gym couldn't employ fat people it wouldn't be able to operate. Where would they find a slim person in Bolton?

14Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Empty Re: Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Thu Mar 01 2012, 14:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In your stomach?

15Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Empty Re: Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Thu Mar 01 2012, 14:49

lol, my gym actually did get rid of a woman who got too fat. when i first started she was as slim as anything, but over a few months she got fatter and fatter until the gym gave her an ultimatum.

she's taking them to court and will probably win, but it'll be interesting to see the outcome.

16Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Empty Re: Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Thu Mar 01 2012, 14:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

not-so-plain-jayne wrote:lol, my gym actually did get rid of a woman who got too fat. when i first started she was as slim as anything, but over a few months she got fatter and fatter until the gym gave her an ultimatum.

she's taking them to court and will probably win, but it'll be interesting to see the outcome.

She'll probably win thousands and spend it all on cakes.

17Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Empty Re: Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Thu Mar 01 2012, 15:31

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I firmly believe fat people should work in Gyms. Two to three hours every day on the Treadmills, Rowing Machines, Exercise Bikes, Cross Trainers, Weights etc.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

18Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Empty Re: Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Thu Mar 01 2012, 16:28

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Hater wrote:If a Bolton gym couldn't employ fat people it wouldn't be able to operate. Where would they find a slim person in Bolton?

In your folds of fat?

19Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Empty Re: Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Thu Mar 01 2012, 16:31

bwfc71 wrote:In your folds of fat?

I'm not fat, I'm the picture of health.

I'm guessing you're a bit of a chubber though as you seem quite touchy about weight issues.

20Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Empty Re: Should Fat People Work In Gyms? Thu Mar 01 2012, 16:35

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Hater wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:In your folds of fat?

I'm not fat, I'm the picture of health.

For a Blackburner, which probably means that you are at least 10 times fatter than a Boltonian

Bolton Hater wrote:
I'm guessing you're a bit of a chubber though as you seem quite touchy about weight issues.

Nope and not touchy - I go to the gym everyday for at least 2 hours - good start to the working day....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum