Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Natasha will understand

+6
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Whitesince63
ROGUEMANNY
xmiles
waynagain
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1natasha - Natasha will understand Empty Natasha will understand Sun Sep 01 2013, 02:21

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Over many years in management I had some great employees who did a great job. Occasionally I would have one who I promoted or wanted to promote and found that they just couldn't make that step up. Some of them seemed to be afraid of the responsibilty involved and would struggle because they were afraid to make a mistake. They seemed to have a fear of success and the extra responsibilities that would follow. I fear that Freedman may be one of those. Why would he leave a team at the top of the league who he had built from scratch, to go to at team which was struggling? He got Bolton to 7th place, but couldn't get that one point that would have meant a chance to get into the Prem. Why did he not extend Dawson's loan until the end of the season? Surely if he could have played in those last few games that elusive one point would have happened. One has to question some of his decisions and ask if they were deliberatley done to avoid success that he's not ready for.

2natasha - Natasha will understand Empty Re: Natasha will understand Sun Sep 01 2013, 09:12

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Interesting idea Wayne but I'm not convinced.

He probably left Palace for the money and a better contract. The Dawson loan is odd but failing to get the one point that would have got us into the play offs can hardly be blamed on Dougie. Who honestly thought Dougie would do as well as he did last season given the total mess Coyle left us in?

I am far more concerned by his persistence with Knight. What he sees in this pile of shit God only knows. Awful game after awful game and still he makes him captain. Does the lazy sod ever break into a jog let alone a run? He is worth a goal a game to the opposition and since we don't have forwards who can score we are screwed.

And I am far from convinced that Beckford was worth bothering himself with.

3natasha - Natasha will understand Empty Re: Natasha will understand Sun Sep 01 2013, 09:22

ROGUEMANNY

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

He couldn't extend the Dawson loan or he would have done it

I'm sure I read that the terms wa an emergency 3 month loan agreement and emergency loans cannot be extended. He probably didn't realise how important he was going to be for us

4natasha - Natasha will understand Empty Re: Natasha will understand Sun Sep 01 2013, 09:38

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I don't think you have got your facts right about Freedman at Palace Waynagain. Freedman did not build the team from scratch he inherited most of it and he left a team at the top because Palace had made it clear they weren't going to extend his contract. They clearly knew he was useless and didn't have the quality to take Palace further if they did get up. We're now unfortunately finding out they were right.

5natasha - Natasha will understand Empty Re: Natasha will understand Sun Sep 01 2013, 11:08

Whitesince63 wrote:I don't think you have got your facts right about Freedman at Palace Waynagain. Freedman did not build the team from scratch he inherited most of it and he left a team at the top because Palace had made it clear they weren't going to extend his contract. They clearly knew he was useless and didn't have the quality to take Palace further if they did get up. We're now unfortunately finding out they were right.
Jedinak, Murray, Bolasie, Parr - All Freedman signings.

Zaha, Williams - Both given their first proper chance under Freedman.

Every single time Simon Parrish has been asked about Dougie, his answer has been the same. We wanted to keep him,offered him a new contract, he wanted to go.

You're badly misinformed on this one.

6natasha - Natasha will understand Empty Re: Natasha will understand Sun Sep 01 2013, 11:17

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

ROGUEMANNY wrote:He couldn't extend the Dawson loan or he would have done it

I'm sure I read that the terms wa an emergency 3 month loan agreement and emergency loans cannot be extended. He probably didn't realise how important he was going to be for us
Freedman said he could have extended Dawson's loan to the end of the season,'but it would have meant bending the rules' (not breaking the rules)

7natasha - Natasha will understand Empty Re: Natasha will understand Sun Sep 01 2013, 11:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
Jedinak, Murray, Bolasie, Parr - All Freedman signings.

Zaha, Williams - Both given their first proper chance under Freedman.

Every single time Simon Parrish has been asked about Dougie, his answer has been the same. We wanted to keep him,offered him a new contract, he wanted to go.

You're badly misinformed on this one.
I'm tiring of people using Freedman's Palace record as an excuse to keep him. Football is littered with managers who got it right once, but could never reproduce it.

Freedman did well at Palace, made some good signings, then came here.

His signings so far have been disastrous, he is negative and tactically inept, and most importantly the results this season have been awful.

We just got thrashed by Blackburn Rovers folks, it's time to let this clown go.

8natasha - Natasha will understand Empty Re: Natasha will understand Sun Sep 01 2013, 14:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Freedman's signings disastrous? We'll see.

9natasha - Natasha will understand Empty Re: Natasha will understand Sun Sep 01 2013, 14:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Which of them have been "disastrous" exactly.

10natasha - Natasha will understand Empty Re: Natasha will understand Sun Sep 01 2013, 15:22

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm tiring of people using Freedman's Palace record as an excuse to keep him. Football is littered with managers who got it right once, but could never reproduce it.

Freedman did well at Palace, made some good signings, then came here.

His signings so far have been disastrous, he is negative and tactically inept, and most importantly the results this season have been awful.

We just got thrashed by Blackburn Rovers folks, it's time to let this clown go.
Not using it as an excuse in any way, I was just pointing out that not much of what whitesince63 commented was true.

Which signings have been disastrous?

We're only a few games in for most of them, they need to gel and be given a proper chance.

11natasha - Natasha will understand Empty Re: Natasha will understand Sun Sep 01 2013, 15:26

waynagain wrote:Over many years in management I had some great employees who did a great job. Occasionally I would have one who I promoted or wanted to promote and found that they just couldn't make that step up. Some of them seemed to be afraid of the responsibilty involved and would struggle because they were afraid to make a mistake. They seemed to have a fear of success and the extra responsibilities that would follow. I fear that Freedman may be one of those. Why would he leave a team at the top of the league who he had built from scratch, to go to at team which was struggling? He got Bolton to 7th place, but couldn't get that one point that would have meant a chance to get into the Prem. Why did he not extend Dawson's loan until the end of the season? Surely if he could have played in those last few games that elusive one point would have happened. One has to question some of his decisions and ask if they were deliberatley done to avoid success that he's not ready for.
Just read this, I hope you didn't spend too much energy coming up with this theory.

12natasha - Natasha will understand Empty Re: Natasha will understand Sun Sep 01 2013, 15:55

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:I don't think you have got your facts right about Freedman at Palace Waynagain. Freedman did not build the team from scratch he inherited most of it and he left a team at the top because Palace had made it clear they weren't going to extend his contract. They clearly knew he was useless and didn't have the quality to take Palace further if they did get up. We're now unfortunately finding out they were right.
What???? The reason Freedman left Palace is because the board sold Wilfred Zaha to United but only promised him £1 million of the bounty to spend on new players. Also it's well documented that Freedman's contract was up at the end of the season and he wanted reassurances about his long term future. The Chairman told him that his future would only be considered at the end of the season subject to them getting promoted ( they were top at the time). The Palace board really left him no option other than to resign.

13natasha - Natasha will understand Empty Re: Natasha will understand Sun Sep 01 2013, 16:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is a silly thread.
Even the title is a non sequitur.

14natasha - Natasha will understand Empty Re: Natasha will understand Sun Sep 01 2013, 16:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Which of them have been "disastrous" exactly.

Tierney - awful
Beckford - truly awful
Moritz - fat and will never be match fit
Hall - nice hair, shit player
Baptiste - Clueless defender, but might turn out to be our best striker

And several others I can't remember that are nowhere near the 1st team.

15natasha - Natasha will understand Empty Re: Natasha will understand Sun Sep 01 2013, 16:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

well all of that is complete and utter bollocks.

nice try though.

16natasha - Natasha will understand Empty Re: Natasha will understand Sun Sep 01 2013, 16:25

Writing off players after 5 games? You really are clueless. 

Moritz hasn't even started a game yet. Beckford needs the right service, if we're not creating much for him he's not the sort to create himself. Baptiste is the best of a very bad bunch and an improvement on what we had anyway.

Hall actually has pace, trickery and a good cross, he'll be a good player for us. Needs to be played more I reckon, we never seem capable of beating players.

17natasha - Natasha will understand Empty Re: Natasha will understand Sun Sep 01 2013, 16:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Writing off players after 5 games? You really are clueless. 

Moritz hasn't even started a game yet. Beckford needs the right service, if we're not creating much for him he's not the sort to create himself. Baptiste is the best of a very bad bunch and an improvement on what we had anyway.

Hall actually has pace, trickery and a good cross, he'll be a good player for us. Needs to be played more I reckon, we never seem capable of beating players.
I'm commenting on their performances so far - wouldn't you expect at least a couple of good games from new signings?

Moritz signed weeks ago and still isn't fit. What does that say about the fat bastard?

I do believe Tierney may go on to be the best left back on the planet.

18natasha - Natasha will understand Empty Re: Natasha will understand Sun Sep 01 2013, 16:38

It's obvious why Moritz isn't playing - he had no pre season. I'd imagine he'll be in contention to start now, but he doesn't really fit into a flat 442 as many of our fans advocate (anything else and Dougie is a negative wanker apparently). He's better in an advanced midfield role, much like Mark Davies.

To describe any signing as 'disastrous' after 5 games of viewing (or less in many cases) is ridiculous.

19natasha - Natasha will understand Empty Re: Natasha will understand Sun Sep 01 2013, 18:24

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Trotter you've confirmed my point exactly, he was not being offered a contract despite Palace being top of the league. Why was that then considering how according to some on here he'd built a blinding team, was a Palace club legend and surely with his obvious capability was a promising and up and coming manager? Wouldn't you think they'd want to keep him? Even when Bolton called they made no attempt to offer him a new deal so shows how much they wanted him don't you think? Anyway I couldn't give a monkeys about Palace it's Wanderers I'm bothered about and the sooner this idiots gone the better for me.

20natasha - Natasha will understand Empty Re: Natasha will understand Sun Sep 01 2013, 18:36

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

When your team are having difficulty in gelling, you need a bit of continuity in your play and tactics. Unfortunately this isn't happening, and all DF can do until this happens is plod on. He's not panicking yet, but some of his reactions during games have been less than desirable.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum