Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Labour Party Conference

+6
Lofty_Love
rammywhite
scottjames30
Sluffy
Angry Dad
Reebok Trotter
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Labour Party Conference Empty Labour Party Conference Tue Sep 24 2013, 22:11

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some interesting comments from Ed. If Labour get in power in 2015 they will freeze gas and electricity prices for 2 years until 2017. How does that work? The energy companies are privately run with shareholders to answer to. Granted, they are all greedy bastards but how could the government enforce this promising freeze?

Will he do the same for petrol prices?

2Labour Party Conference Empty Re: Labour Party Conference Tue Sep 24 2013, 22:48

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

What a Joker.

3Labour Party Conference Empty Re: Labour Party Conference Tue Sep 24 2013, 22:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Didn't the Lib Dems pledge to vote against university fee rises before they got into power and increased them when they did!

They all will say anything to get your vote!

4Labour Party Conference Empty Re: Labour Party Conference Tue Sep 24 2013, 22:52

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Didn't the Lib Dems pledge to vote against university fee rises before they got into power and increased them when they did!

They all will say anything to get your vote!
They did indeed. It's the one thing the Liberals always beat Cleggy with.

5Labour Party Conference Empty Re: Labour Party Conference Wed Sep 25 2013, 06:23

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They get my vote then.

6Labour Party Conference Empty Re: Labour Party Conference Wed Sep 25 2013, 12:12

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm out of the country at the minute( but back for Yeovil). I'm glad that I don't have to listen to these lying toerags trying to blackmail me into voting for them
None of these conferences contains any reality- its all kissing arses and standing ovations for mediocre politicians.

7Labour Party Conference Empty Re: Labour Party Conference Wed Sep 25 2013, 12:34

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:I'm out of the country at the minute( but back for Yeovil). I'm glad that I don't have to listen to these lying toerags trying to blackmail me into voting for them
None of these conferences contains any reality- its all kissing arses and standing ovations for mediocre politicians.
:like: 

8Labour Party Conference Empty Re: Labour Party Conference Wed Sep 25 2013, 13:21

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Genius.

Just finally started to recover from a huge recession so his bright idea is to forced increased strain on businesses.

Can't imagine the average British Gas employee will be chuffed when their wages drop / they get made redundant.

9Labour Party Conference Empty Re: Labour Party Conference Wed Sep 25 2013, 13:58

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The fuckers are great at saying what they will and won't do, but when it comes down to it they rarely live up to their word.

The scrap of the bedroom tax will win him a lot of votes IMO.

10Labour Party Conference Empty Re: Labour Party Conference Wed Sep 25 2013, 14:58

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

If they get in and try that shit they will get shafted by the power companies, see how the silly twats that vote them in on that score like being without power, What a creepy looking fucker he is.

11Labour Party Conference Empty Re: Labour Party Conference Wed Sep 25 2013, 17:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As creepy as Cameron? It's too close to call.
Interested in the chat about the high speed rail link. I think it's fair enough to suggest that the Accounts Committee look at the figures again seeing as the projected cost has doubled even before they start.
I'd be interested to see how they calculate the alleged benefit figures. Really does look like another jobs for the boys job, but I'm open to persuasion from the Alliance if they actually have an argument. But you can build a lost of schools and hospitals and support a lot of British businesses for £60 billion so the Government better have a decent explanation as to how a fast train is going to produce that level of value.

12Labour Party Conference Empty Re: Labour Party Conference Wed Sep 25 2013, 17:20

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:As creepy as Cameron? It's too close to call.
Interested in the chat about the high speed rail link. I think it's fair enough to suggest that the Accounts Committee look at the figures again seeing as the projected cost has doubled even before they start.
I'd be interested to see how they calculate the alleged benefit figures. Really does look like another jobs for the boys job, but I'm open to persuasion from the Alliance if they actually have an argument. But you can build a lost of schools and hospitals and support a lot of British businesses for £60 billion so the Government better have a decent explanation as to how a fast train is going to produce that level of value.
You're spot on with this. They talk about £15b of economic benefit- but nowhere have they shown how and where this will arise.
It's like the Humber Bridge- it was built to take a lot of economic activity into Hull and Humberside- and all it did was to suck economic activity out of Hull and transfer it to London.
Same with this- it'll simply make it easier for business to go south

13Labour Party Conference Empty Re: Labour Party Conference Wed Sep 25 2013, 17:36

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:As creepy as Cameron? It's too close to call.
Ed Balls must have read your mind. He is cooling on the idea of the high speed rail link because the money could be put to much better use.

14Labour Party Conference Empty Re: Labour Party Conference Wed Sep 25 2013, 17:44

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

No way does HS2 make financial sense. It's just a stupid political gimmick launched by the last Labour government and now promoted by this government confident that voters will only be paying for it after the next election.

It is as stupid as wind farms. Another pointless political gimmick that only benefits rich land owners.

15Labour Party Conference Empty Re: Labour Party Conference Wed Sep 25 2013, 17:54

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

A guy I know has a house in France and one over here. Energy supplier in both cases EON. I wonder which country he pays more to EON for his electric?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum