Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals..

+9
Culcheth_White
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
BoltonTillIDie
observer
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
aaron_bwfc
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Empty Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Sun Sep 29 2013, 20:32

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Enjoy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Sun Sep 29 2013, 21:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Words fail me about Bogdan and the goal - I don't think I've ever seen a worse goal keeping error ever.

The very first thing you are taught as a keeper is to get your body behind the ball, so even if you fluff the save your body will still stop the ball going into the goal.

How he let in a weak shot from outside the area, which bobbled and rolled towards the goal, which he could see clearly from when the ball left the attackers foot, yet he allowed this trickle of a shot through his hands, arms, body and legs is truly appalling. You would not even expect a pub team keeper to be so crap.

As for our goal - stop the video when Knights crossed the ball - (fair play he did well - didn't look out of play from that camera angle to me) and you will see ONLY three Bolton players in the penalty box - Mills, Baptiste and Eagles - two defenders - with a third crossing the ball - and Eagles - where the fuck are our attackers???

It's no wonder with a defence and an attack that we have, that we are at the bottom of the table really, is it!

3Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Sun Sep 29 2013, 21:21

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The sad thing is, that prior to his howler, he actually made two decent saves. When you are at the bottom of the table you are under the microscope all the time.

4Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Sun Sep 29 2013, 21:31

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Well that is 2 mad-cap goals, so far I remember, in Bogdan career at Bolton....

First one was when we were in the Premier League and the ball was kicked by the opposing goal keeper over Bogdans head and second one being this one!!!!

5Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Sun Sep 29 2013, 21:34

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Away from the goals but why is it whenever the opposition come at us they always seem to have a spare man, it's like we have 10 men at times.

6Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Sun Sep 29 2013, 21:45

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:Well that is 2 mad-cap goals, so far I remember, in Bogdan career at Bolton....

First one was when we were in the Premier League and the ball was kicked by the opposing goal keeper over Bogdans head and second one being this one!!!!
The one you are referring to was against Everton when Tim ???? hoofed it upfield with the wind behind him and the bounce left Boggy stranded. It was a fluke goal tbh. Alec Stepney at United scored a similar one many moons ago. People forget the games where Boggy actually kept us in the match wwith some quality saves. It's too easy to blame the keeper tbh.

7Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Sun Sep 29 2013, 21:48

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Wow the more I see the Yeovil goal the worse it gets, personally i'd just give Lonergan a few weeks in the net just to give Bogdan a break for a while.

8Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Sun Sep 29 2013, 21:53

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc71 wrote:Well that is 2 mad-cap goals, so far I remember, in Bogdan career at Bolton....

That one was due to a wicked wind, but Bogdan looked silly anyway.  What I hold him responsible for are the spills in front and the parries in front.  He has had a better season so far (until this howler) but we need clean sheets each and every week.  Can't blame Bodgan for looking in front and clicking his heels three times trying to get out of here.

I wish BSA was here to scare the bejeebies out of this squad.  Too many nice managers here.

9Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Sun Sep 29 2013, 21:56

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't Bogdan also let a very poor Chelsea shot go in when he first took over the reigns in goal??

10Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Sun Sep 29 2013, 22:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Didn't Bogdan also let a very poor Chelsea shot go in when he first took over the reigns in goal??
His debut against Chelsea at the Reebok was a nightmare but in fairness to him, our defence was woeful that day. David Luiz was allowed to run through midfield unchallenged and launch a howitzer which Boggy had no chance with.

11Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Sun Sep 29 2013, 22:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bogdan's been a mixture of wonderful saves and dreadful howlers.

He as trouble coming for crosses - flaps at some, misses others, drops the ball, etc - but that was in the Premier - most of the goals these days are from crosses in on the ground.

His big problem for me is that he seems to often push or parry shots back into play - usually to an incoming attackers feet - rather than get the ball behind the post - or at least push it wide and away from play.

I've said several times before that as a defender in my playing days, there is probably nothing worse than having an inconsistent keeper behind you. You always have to hold back half a step just in case you have to turn and clear from one of his cock ups, which in turn gives the attack an unnecessary advantage. It is far better to play with a less talented but infinitely more reliable keeper, as you know what to expect behind you and you can concentrate on your job rather than have half a mind on 'where do I need to be if he's going to drop the ball, or push the shot back into play’.

Anybody can make a mistake but Bogdan, makes far, far too many and no amount of wonder saves will make up for the times you know he will gift the opposition a goal from nothing.

He's the Zat Knight of keepers imo - a cock-up waiting to happen every game.

12Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Sun Sep 29 2013, 22:23

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:Bogdan's been a mixture of wonderful saves and dreadful howlers.

He as trouble coming for crosses - flaps at some, misses others, drops the ball, etc - but that was in the Premier - most of the goals these days are from crosses in on the ground.

His big problem for me is that he seems to often push or parry shots back into play - usually to an incoming attackers feet - rather than get the ball behind the post - or at least push it wide and away from play.

I've said several times before that as a defender in my playing days, there is probably nothing worse than having an inconsistent keeper behind you.  You always have to hold back half a step just in case you have to turn and clear from one of his cock ups, which in turn gives the attack an unnecessary advantage.  It is far better to play with a less talented but infinitely more reliable keeper, as you know what to expect behind you and you can concentrate on your job rather than have half a mind on 'where do I need to be if he's going to drop the ball, or push the shot back into play’.

Anybody can make a mistake but Bogdan, makes far, far too many and no amount of wonder saves will make up for the times you know he will gift the opposition a goal from nothing.

He's the Zat Knight of keepers imo - a cock-up waiting to happen every game.
Well said... but Bogdanmare sounds so bad compared to Knightmare!

13Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Sun Sep 29 2013, 23:19

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Anybody remember Jim McDonagh scoring against all clubs Burnley, that was wind assisted also if I remember correctly, on the other issue would it be worth a cheeky bid for Ali Al Habsi, 3rd choice at Wigan?

14Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Mon Sep 30 2013, 13:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's the fourth time I'm seen Bogdan's howler and it doesn't get any better - still don't know how that got through - and cost us the win that would have taken us out of the bottom three.

But...
That's been the story of our season so far. Individual cockups costing us goals - and possibly the managers' job.

15Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Mon Sep 30 2013, 14:48

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

When we were coming out of the ground, I heard some bloke say to his young daughter "your bloody mother could have saved that"

16Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Mon Sep 30 2013, 14:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

But...
That's been the story of our season so far. Individual cockups costing us goals - and possibly the managers' job.
The trouble is, we have a manager who doesn't punish these mistakes. We all know Bogdan will play at Blackpool even though Lonergan has time and time again proven himself more reliable.

17Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Mon Sep 30 2013, 15:04

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

But...
The trouble is, we have a manager who doesn't punish these mistakes. We all know Bogdan will play at Blackpool even though Lonergan has time and time again proven himself more reliable.
You can't "punish" every mistake by dropping a player.

we'd be down to the under 12's by now or forfeiting games because of "lack of players"

18Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Mon Sep 30 2013, 15:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

True, but Bogdan hasn't been great this season or last. Lonergan has been far more reliable when called upon.

19Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Mon Sep 30 2013, 15:55

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bit of a small sample size problem on that statement.

20Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Yeovil - The goals.. Mon Sep 30 2013, 16:16

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Bit of a small sample size problem on that statement.
Let's come at it from a different direction then - We've got an incumbent 'keeper who we all know is quite likely to dive over the ball at some point or throw it in his own net.

We also have in our ranks an experienced 'keeper who, thus far, hasn't done either of those things.

Where's the harm in giving him a go in the first team?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum