Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sam Ricketts admits disappointment at leaving Bolton Wanderers

+6
kennster
luckyPeterpiper
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sam Ricketts says the bitterness of leaving Wanderers has subsided now he is enjoying a fresh lease of life with Wolves.

It came as something of a shock when the Wales international had his contract terminated by mutual consent in the summer – not least to the player himself.

Now skipper at Molineux, the versatile defender says he does not hold any grudges.

“It got to the point where I had a year left,” he explained. “I didn’t want to go, I wanted to stay. But the club made a decision they didn’t want to give me a new contract and they couldn’t guarantee me football. So, I wasn’t prepared to sit on the sidelines and take my money. I wanted to go and play football.

“At the time I was bitterly disappointed. We had been speaking about a new deal and then all of a sudden it was taken away from me. Now, I wouldn't regret coming to Wolves at all. I really enjoy the challenge and moving clubs has inspired me.

“To be captain as well is an honour and I relish it. The club has had a bad couple of years and there is a new gaffer and a new group of players and we are trying to turn it around.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:It came as something of a shock when the Wales international had his contract terminated by mutual consent in the summer – not least to the player himself.
Cant have been a shock if it was mutual consent...

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was sad to see him go as although he wasn't brilliant for the most part, he was a very versatile and committed player. I wish him well.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dogshit. Glad he's gone

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

BoltonTillIDie wrote:
karlypants wrote:It came as something of a shock when the Wales international had his contract terminated by mutual consent in the summer – not least to the player himself.
Cant have been a shock if it was mutual consent...
Mutual consent is often the polite way of saying 'we don't want you and you can go on a free' to a player. It could well have been a shock to the lad but the PR machine tries to pretty these things up. It's getting quite rare to hear a manager has been sacked too; the phrase mutual consent is cropping up a lot there and it means 'quit or be fired but either way you're history. Play nice and we'll pay up your contract right now; if not go on gardening leave.'

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

He might be disappointed but I'm absolutely delighted that he's buggered off.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

kennster wrote:He might be disappointed but I'm absolutely delighted that he's buggered off.
Now it's your turn

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I've nothing against Sam to be honest, probably one of the best versatile defenders we have ever had at the club in the past 10 years, not many players look comfortable in every position at the back but he did.

I'd have kept him instead of bringing in Teirnney personally.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

aaron_bwfc wrote:I've nothing against Sam to be honest, probably one of the best versatile defenders we have ever had at the club in the past 10 years, not many players look comfortable in every position at the back but he did.

Agreed :clap:

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I agree too I would also have kept him. In fact I would have made him captain instead of Knightmare.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Tigermin wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:I've nothing against Sam to be honest, probably one of the best versatile defenders we have ever had at the club in the past 10 years, not many players look comfortable in every position at the back but he did.

Agreed :clap:
Correct you are sir.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum