You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Scottish Independence.

Scottish Independence.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

31Scottish Independence. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. on Mon Sep 08 2014, 17:00

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@wanderlust wrote:Bank of Scotland is the Halifax
still a Scottish company...

32Scottish Independence. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. on Mon Sep 08 2014, 17:03

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
are you suggesting Scotland was to blame for the banking crisis?

33Scottish Independence. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. on Mon Sep 08 2014, 17:06

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@wanderlust wrote:The pound is Scottish so why on earth would they even consider changing it?

So nobody is slightly concerned that the vast majority of UK North Sea Oil and Gas interests are in Scottish Waters? As are what's left of the British fishing waters.
Or that nuclear facilities will have to be rehoused in England? (that should go down well with the English who are without exception NIMBYs)

Scotland already has a defence force and has historically been a significant contributor in terms of manpower. And why should they give up the weapons RR? They've paid for them just as much as the English. 

Needs to be thought through but I must say that Westminster seriously needs to wake up and put a sensible response together.
Explain how the pound is Scottish? Unless your referring to 'sterling' being British - but its the same thing anyway... 

Scotland has cost us just as much money as we have cost them in the past - if they want independence, give it to them... go on, take it, its yours... 

However, with independence comes the burden of looking after yourself, ALL our military hardware is coming back, we are not going to gift them an army, navy and air force that they can bomb us with in a few years when some Gaelic nutter on a power trip decides to 'act hard' 

We also get our currency back, they didn't even want it before and insisted on printing their own bank notes so fuck them, they are pretty happy for the horrible English bastards notes to be spent up there though... 

They have spent too long hating us now, let them get on with it and suffer the consequences.

34Scottish Independence. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. on Mon Sep 08 2014, 17:06

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
RBS and Fred Goodwin had a pretty big part in it!

35Scottish Independence. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. on Mon Sep 08 2014, 17:09

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:are you suggesting Scotland was to blame for the banking crisis?
No, 

But HBOS group are Scottish and trade in the UK (same as northern rock but with the countries the opposite way round) 

If Scotland is so 'independent' and 'great'... then the Scottish bank should have managed its business better then the English did there's. that would at least have proved something...

36Scottish Independence. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. on Mon Sep 08 2014, 17:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Reebok_Rebel wrote:
@wanderlust wrote:The pound is Scottish so why on earth would they even consider changing it?

So nobody is slightly concerned that the vast majority of UK North Sea Oil and Gas interests are in Scottish Waters? As are what's left of the British fishing waters.
Or that nuclear facilities will have to be rehoused in England? (that should go down well with the English who are without exception NIMBYs)

Scotland already has a defence force and has historically been a significant contributor in terms of manpower. And why should they give up the weapons RR? They've paid for them just as much as the English. 

Needs to be thought through but I must say that Westminster seriously needs to wake up and put a sensible response together.
Explain how the pound is Scottish? Unless your referring to 'sterling' being British - but its the same thing anyway... 

Scotland has cost us just as much money as we have cost them in the past - if they want independence, give it to them... go on, take it, its yours... 

However, with independence comes the burden of looking after yourself, ALL our military hardware is coming back, we are not going to gift them an army, navy and air force that they can bomb us with in a few years when some Gaelic nutter on a power trip decides to 'act hard' 

We also get our currency back, they didn't even want it before and insisted on printing their own bank notes so fuck them, they are pretty happy for the horrible English bastards notes to be spent up there though... 

They have spent too long hating us now, let them get on with it and suffer the consequences.

Oh you'll let us have our own country will you? thanks! And people wonder why there's anti English sentiment in Scotland. Better together my arse.

37Scottish Independence. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. on Mon Sep 08 2014, 17:25

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:
@Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Oh you'll let us have our own country will you? thanks! And people wonder why there's anti English sentiment in Scotland. Better together my arse.
TO be fair Hipster - Scotland is part of Great Britain, thus is 'ours' 

...Once you get your independence, It will become 'yours' 

The same as your new currency, your new defense forces and Government will be... 

Why don't you be a proper Scotsman and, instead of supporting one of them 'shitty English clubs' ... support one of the better, massive Scottish ones in your trademark apathetic way instead...

38Scottish Independence. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. on Mon Sep 08 2014, 18:04

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Reebok_Rebel wrote:
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:
@Reebok_Rebel wrote:

TO be fair Hipster - Scotland is part of Great Britain, thus is 'ours' 

...Once you get your independence, It will become 'yours' 

The same as your new currency, your new defense forces and Government will be... 

Why don't you be a proper Scotsman and, instead of supporting one of them 'shitty English clubs' ... support one of the better, massive Scottish ones in your trademark apathetic way instead...

haha exxxxxactly.

39Scottish Independence. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. on Mon Sep 08 2014, 18:06

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Looks like you got a bite Rebel! 
Ffs you'll need your passport at the Macron Hipster. We need to get the name changed its part jock!!!!

40Scottish Independence. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. on Mon Sep 08 2014, 18:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
riiiiight.

41Scottish Independence. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. on Mon Sep 08 2014, 18:25

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
@wanderlust wrote:Bank of Scotland is the Halifax
If I remember correctly  as I had shares with Halifax, it was BOS who took over the Halifax. It was called HBOS cos they couldn't call it BOSH for obvious reasons! I stand to be corrected on this?!

42Scottish Independence. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. on Mon Sep 08 2014, 18:26

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:riiiiight.
That's not English, is that your forthcoming new language?

43Scottish Independence. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. on Tue Sep 09 2014, 20:01

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

44Scottish Independence. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. on Tue Sep 09 2014, 20:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
If only they had a vote!

45Scottish Independence. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. on Tue Sep 09 2014, 22:45

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Hope they get it, then build a fuck off wall and leave them to suffer.

46Scottish Independence. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. on Tue Sep 09 2014, 22:51

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
A wall like this from the movie Doomsday?

Scottish Independence. - Page 2 DoomsdayWallArt

or like your own wall?

47Scottish Independence. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. on Tue Sep 09 2014, 22:56

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
No BIGGER

48Scottish Independence. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. on Tue Sep 09 2014, 23:00

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Like this with armed guards.

Scottish Independence. - Page 2 Greatwallofchina

49Scottish Independence. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. on Wed Sep 10 2014, 07:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
But Hipster wouldn't be able to get to the Macron every week.

50Scottish Independence. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. on Wed Sep 10 2014, 09:52

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
No need to answer my ? Hipster, below does it!
Seems rather ill thought out don't you think?
No doubt silence will prevail?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29052665

51Scottish Independence. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. on Wed Sep 10 2014, 10:06

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Whats the question? Why can't people who don't live in Scotland vote? Well I suspect It's fairly self explanatory, it's for the people of Scotland to decide their future. I'm sure there are some disgruntled Scots living outside the borders that would like to vote but sorry... 

and no I don't think it's "ill thought out" I'm interested in what the people of Scotland think. 

More English arrogance on this thread 48 year old men saying they'd "leave us to suffer." It's this kind of mature, pulsating debate that leads many to vote yes.

52Scottish Independence. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. on Wed Sep 10 2014, 10:20

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
The question I asked and hinted at do you consider it acceptable for "tourists" to vote? And you obviously do!
Ill thought as I said, keep that  bell ringing.Smile
Another little snippet re. currency, the Governor of the Bank of England said that it is impractical for Scotland to use the pound. Shouldn't this have been sorted out prior to the vote or is it just trivia?
Perhaps Mr Salmond is in a rush to crown his wife the fist lady?

Last edited by Soul Kitchen on Wed Sep 10 2014, 10:26; edited 1 time in total

53Scottish Independence. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. on Wed Sep 10 2014, 10:25

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The following groups of people can register to vote in the referendum:

• British citizens resident in Scotland.
  • Qualifying Commonwealth citizens resident in Scotland. This means Commonwealth citizens who either have leave to remain in the UK or do not require such leave, and are resident in Scotland.
  • Citizens of the Republic of Ireland and other EU countries resident in Scotland.
  • Members of the House of Lords resident in Scotland.
  • Service/Crown personnel serving in the UK or overseas in the Armed Forces or with Her Majesty’s Government who are registered to vote in Scotland.

54Scottish Independence. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. on Wed Sep 10 2014, 10:27

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
But nobody in England?
Who may be working in England?

55Scottish Independence. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. on Wed Sep 10 2014, 10:35

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Why would they vote? 

and the currency question has been answered read the white paper there are many currency options.

56Scottish Independence. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. on Wed Sep 10 2014, 10:40

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:Why would they vote? 

and the currency question has been answered read the white paper there are many currency options.
And why not? I'm quite sure they would have Scotland's interests at heart more than say Zbigniew on a two year posting? Obviously you don't think so.

The rouble looks favourite on the money front!Smile

57Scottish Independence. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. on Wed Sep 10 2014, 10:43

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You keep editing your posts after I reply.

I've said what I think, It's about self determination as it always is with these kind of votes, the people of Scotland should decide it's future and I think thats fair. End of story really.

58Scottish Independence. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. on Wed Sep 10 2014, 10:47

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
I edited one post, not to catch you out but to prevent having to pull too many teeth in multiple posts.

59Scottish Independence. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. on Wed Sep 10 2014, 11:12

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
So if Scotland decides to the disband Great Britain and the United Kingdom agreements what will England, Wales and NI be called in the future?

We'll need a catchy name, but I'm struggling.

Fairly Big Britain?
The Slightly at Loggerheads Kingdom?

And what will our currency be called?

If FBB is allowed to retain the pound sterling - which is currently the currency of an entity that won't exist in the future (It's called the GBP according to Jah) what will that be called?
The EWNI pound? NIWE? WENI?WNIE? 

Scottish Pound will presumably be called the Scottish Pound a la Egyptian Pound.

The Olympics team will be f****d - what will that be called?

We need a catchy name for the alliance between England, Wales and Northern Ireland.

60Scottish Independence. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. on Wed Sep 10 2014, 11:18

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
The Kingdom Of Engwani

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum