Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scottish Independence.

+15
Copper Dragon
bwfc71
Numpty 28723
Mr Magoo
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok_Rebel
xmiles
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

61Scottish Independence. - Page 4 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Sep 10 2014, 11:19

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm a Scot- living in England but with property in Scotland. I  can't and shouldn't be able to vote as this is about independence for the people who live in Scotland and want to decide who governs the country in which they live.
If I could vote I would vote No- for a whole myriad of reasons which have all been well debated elsewhere.
I'm coming round though to hoping that the vote is Yes as I've read and heard so much bile from the Yes campaign that I frankly would like the divorce to take place now, messy and expensive as it might be, because if we stay together the political scene will be dominated by disaffected Yes voters who will cause nothing but trouble for decades. Alex Salmond ,with his antics, has split Scotland dangerously down the middle and that small relatively unimportant country will be a pain in the backside for years if we stay together.

So- go Scotland. Be independent. Fend for yourselves. I genuinely hope that all your dreams come true and that you are prosperous.
But get off the backs off the rest of us and let us get on with governing  the rest of the UK without your belligerent interference.
But if you go- then go completely, in its financial, economic, political entirety

62Scottish Independence. - Page 4 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Sep 10 2014, 11:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Last time I checked it was the Westminster elite literally begging us to stay. 

Maybe "you" should get off our backs and let us vote.

63Scottish Independence. - Page 4 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Sep 10 2014, 11:25

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Why would they vote? 

and the currency question has been answered read the white paper there are many currency options.

Sadly all the currency options are disastrous economically for an independent Scotland. The SNP campaign is entirely based on an emotional appeal underwritten by several big lies. Scots will not be £1000 a head better off after independence because the Scottish economy will tank. Output from North Sea oil and gas is diminishing every year. As an independent country Scotland will have to apply to join the EU and if successful will have the Euro as a currency. The only reason Scots have a better NHS and welfare for the elderly and no student loans is because of the massive subsidy they receive from England.

Still not to worry, they will probably narrowly vote against independence and receive a big increase in the massive subsidy we already give them.

64Scottish Independence. - Page 4 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Sep 10 2014, 11:26

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:I'm a Scot- living in England but with property in Scotland. I  can't and shouldn't be able to vote as this is about independence for the people who live in Scotland and want to decide who governs the country in which they live.
If I could vote I would vote No- for a whole myriad of reasons which have all been well debated elsewhere.
I'm coming round though to hoping that the vote is Yes as I've read and heard so much bile from the Yes campaign that I frankly would like the divorce to take place now, messy and expensive as it might be, because if we stay together the political scene will be dominated by disaffected Yes voters who will cause nothing but trouble for decades. Alex Salmond ,with his antics, has split Scotland dangerously down the middle and that small relatively unimportant country will be a pain in the backside for years if we stay together.

So- go Scotland. Be independent. Fend for yourselves. I genuinely hope that all your dreams come true and that you are prosperous.
But get off the backs off the rest of us and let us get on with governing  the rest of the UK without your belligerent interference.
But if you go- then go completely, in its financial, economic, political entirety

Good post.

65Scottish Independence. - Page 4 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Sep 10 2014, 11:30

Who decided to let 16 year-olds have a vote?

That seems dangerously biased in favour of Salmond and the Yes camp to me.

When you're 16 you think that you know everything (despite the fact that, in reality, you still know cock all) and you tend to be far more susceptible to being swayed by romantic political notions like how great it would be for Scotland to be fully independent from the rest of the UK, without having any real understanding of the bigger picture.

66Scottish Independence. - Page 4 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Sep 10 2014, 11:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In most polls the "youth" vote is largely in the No camp

67Scottish Independence. - Page 4 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Sep 10 2014, 11:33

Hipster_Nebula wrote:In most polls the "youth" vote is largely in the No camp

Proof.......?

68Scottish Independence. - Page 4 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Sep 10 2014, 11:35

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

69Scottish Independence. - Page 4 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Sep 10 2014, 11:35

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Breadman wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:In most polls the "youth" vote is largely in the No camp

Proof.......?

It's what I have seen as well although I can't quote anything specific. If so it's a bit of an own goal by Salmond.

70Scottish Independence. - Page 4 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Sep 10 2014, 11:39

Fair enough - cheers for that.

71Scottish Independence. - Page 4 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Sep 10 2014, 11:49

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Last time I checked it was the Westminster elite literally begging us to stay. 

Maybe "you" should get off our backs and let us vote.

Gladly- get on with the vote. I don't think anybody 'us' or 'you' is stopping you.
Lets have the vote- it can't come quick enough for me- and then we can all get on with the outcome

72Scottish Independence. - Page 4 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Sep 10 2014, 11:56

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:I'm a Scot- living in England but with property in Scotland. I  can't and shouldn't be able to vote as this is about independence for the people who live in Scotland and want to decide who governs the country in which they live.

I agree wholeheartedly with this statement and good to read your opinion re. voting.
It's half a job rushed!
Another interesting snippet is membership of the EU. Will they have to sign the non EU citizen cards if they fly in from Aberdeen?
Apparently their passports can be kept till expiration then they will be on their own. So tough shit for those that expire nine months after the change over!
If their borders aren't tight will we get every jackshit coming over Hadrian's Wall?
If they are not accepted into NATO which will be their first hurdle, it will be difficult to get into the EU as I read it.

73Scottish Independence. - Page 4 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Sep 10 2014, 13:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Numpty 28723 wrote:The Kingdom Of Engwani
I like it.
Although the Welsh and Irish will want to know why "Eng" is first.

Presumably the Kingdom will have to reapply for membership of the EU, NATO etc?

And will Engwani still be a G8 country having lost a third of it's wealth? Doubt it.

Slightly worried for Engwani.

74Scottish Independence. - Page 4 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Sep 10 2014, 19:05

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I've only read this page, so maybe the following point has already been made. Although there is talk about money, EU, etc, what about their military and Security services? i.e. the Scots currently working in our security services will suddenly become foreign nationals, which can bring all sorts of problems. Will the Security infrastructure change, will the intelligence agencies be able to trust and work with the 'new' Scottish set-up? Will there be a military set-up of any use ?
Have they even thought about what they can or cant do ?

75Scottish Independence. - Page 4 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Sep 10 2014, 19:28

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I've only read this page, so maybe the following point has already been made. Although there is talk about money, EU, etc, what about their military and Security services? i.e. the Scots currently working in our security services will suddenly become foreign nationals, which can bring all sorts of problems. Will the Security infrastructure change, will the intelligence agencies be able to trust and work with the 'new' Scottish set-up? Will there be a military set-up of any use ?

Good point Glos. I'm pretty certain there are loads of ' What Ifs ' in the SNP manifesto. The voters certainly have not been given all the answers.

76Scottish Independence. - Page 4 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Sep 10 2014, 20:43

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

gloswhite wrote:I've only read this page, so maybe the following point has already been made. Although there is talk about money, EU, etc, what about their military and Security services? i.e. the Scots currently working in our security services will suddenly become foreign nationals, which can bring all sorts of problems. Will the Security infrastructure change, will the intelligence agencies be able to trust and work with the 'new' Scottish set-up? Will there be a military set-up of any use ?
You need to ask fat fuck Salmond that. I mentioned earlier NATO, an article I read stated they would struggle to meet the joining requirement, however they have miles and miles of beaches with pebbles for their catapults!!
Teresa May has stated that the borders will have to be stiffened because of the possible influx of undesirables down the M6!!

77Scottish Independence. - Page 4 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Wed Sep 10 2014, 20:49

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:It's really a sterile debate as the opinion polls say that the vote will be a resounding NO vote- in other words keep things as they are.
So the real event at the referendum will be the end of Shreks (aka Alec Salmonds) political career.
Not a pop at you Rammy but 9 months down the line how the goals have moved!!

78Scottish Independence. - Page 4 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Thu Sep 11 2014, 06:44

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Soul Kitchen wrote:
rammywhite wrote:It's really a sterile debate as the opinion polls say that the vote will be a resounding NO vote- in other words keep things as they are.
So the real event at the referendum will be the end of Shreks (aka Alec Salmonds) political career.
Not a pop at you Rammy but 9 months down the line how the goals have moved!!

And I stand by that. When the vote is no- the the reason d'etre of Salmond's political career will be finished. I hope he has the good grace to resign. But of course he won't as he's a low level careerist( like most politicians) who'll continue to claim his 'mandate' from the Scottish people to enact their 'sovereign' will.
I'm a Scot and I think he's just an embarrassment

It will still be NO

79Scottish Independence. - Page 4 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Thu Sep 11 2014, 07:41

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reading about Salmond on wiki suggests he's a career politician and never done a days work in his life! 
He's more obnoxious than the clowns we have in Westminster.

80Scottish Independence. - Page 4 Empty Re: Scottish Independence. Thu Sep 11 2014, 07:43

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Furthermore there appears to be some shit over his expense to the taxpayer!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum