Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'll jump at a move to Bolton - Neil Danns.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Neil Danns says he is in the dark about his future, but would love to return to Bolton Wanderers if Leicester City finally call time on his stay at the King Power Stadium.

The 31-year-old has spent three months on loan with Bolton, who visit the King Power Stadium tomorrow, but has now returned to City and is awaiting a decision from manager Nigel Pearson on where his future lies.

Danns admits that unless City decide to call him immediately back into the squad, which seems highly unlikely, he won't even be at the stadium today, choosing instead to play football with his son.

"I've had no contact with Leicester whatsoever," he said. "I don't know what is happening. I don't know their thoughts, plans or anything else. At this moment in time I feel a bit lost. Football is a funny old game, so I'd never say there is absolutely no chance (of playing again for City).

"I'm a professional footballer and I happen to be one who loves playing football.

"I'll give my all, no matter where I am. I can't affect certain things, so I have to go back, see what everyone is thinking.

"I'm old enough to know what will be, will be. I've got to go with the flow. Depending on what Leicester's thoughts are, if they want me to move on, then the first place I would want to be is Bolton.

"The gaffer has not only been a good manager but I'd like to class him as a friend in football. He has been brilliant with me.

"If the opportunity came about to sign for Bolton then I'd take it with both hands. I've got a young family and they are enjoying me being around more, so if it works out, great. I'd jump at it."

Bolton boss Dougie Freedman admits the ball is in City's court in terms of whether Danns, who has scored four times in 13 league appearances during his loan spell, will return to the Reebok.

"It's really all down to Leicester now because they have a busy period," he said.

"However, if they don't feel he is getting a game, then I am sure I will get a phone call. But for all I know they might throw him back into their squad, with the form he is in right now."

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/City-want-ll-jump-switch-Bolton/story-20372756-detail/story.html#ixzz2ooTrX1he

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I get the feeling Dougie doesn't want Danns.

Danns is clearly out of the picture at Leicester so if Dougie wanted him he'd just pick up the phone and negotiate a price - I'm sure Leicester would be more than happy to let him go for next to nothing if he's not even in their squad.

I suspect Dougie has a much bigger donkey in mind for the January transfer window.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If we are looking to create a young energetic team than Danns is in the wrong age group, but our needs are immediate and we know he looks decent in our current squad and provides energy and a goal threat. Its a no brainer for me to give him a one year deal with an option to extend it, probably haggling over a fee.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NickFazer wrote:If we are looking to create a young energetic team than Danns is in the wrong age group, but our needs are immediate and we know he looks decent in our current squad and provides energy and a goal threat. Its a no brainer for me to give him a one year deal with an option to extend it, probably haggling over a fee.

i like Danns, he isn't the most technical player but he gives his all and is a better bet than Pratley, but saying that my 6 year old is better than Pratley!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NickFazer wrote:If we are looking to create a young energetic team

We aren't though. Dougie keeps going on about youth but despite our pitiful form this season he has blooded a single player under 21.

Look at every other team in this league, they all have one or two youngsters.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I agree Nat, if Dougie believes they are good enough he should back them and give them some experience The messages from the manager are telling the fans that promotion in the short term is not realistic so the rebuilding needs to start now.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leicester know we'd take Danns at the right price but Dougie can't blow the (tiny) budget on a 31 year old. If Leicester set a fair and affordable price, Dougie might be tempted, but if Leicester take the piss Dougie will tell them where to go - which is 100% the right thing to do.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum