Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Favourite album tracks

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1album - Favourite album tracks Empty Favourite album tracks Sat Mar 24 2012, 00:40

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Anyone who has got a Sky+ box will know it is sometimes difficult to delete certain programmes off it because you become very attached to them.

On my box I have a programme from December last year called Acoustic at the BBC. I don't want to delete it because it contains a live acoustic performance of the Manic Street Preachers song, 'Small Black Flowers That Grow in the Sky', an album track from Everything Must Go, from Jools Holland in 1996.

This performance, specifically:

So this got me thinking, are there any really special album tracks (ie never released as singles) that are relatively unknown that you would like to tell us about?

2album - Favourite album tracks Empty Re: Favourite album tracks Sat Mar 24 2012, 01:04

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Yes.

This track on Screamadelica is stunning.

3album - Favourite album tracks Empty Re: Favourite album tracks Sat Mar 24 2012, 01:05

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Embed it and I will watch it.

4album - Favourite album tracks Empty Re: Favourite album tracks Sat Mar 24 2012, 01:20

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The Eagles... The Last Resort.

Deep Purple... Child In Time.

There are so many, gone with these two for now.

5album - Favourite album tracks Empty Re: Favourite album tracks Sat Mar 24 2012, 06:58

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Usher hid this song at the end of the last listed track on "Here I Stand" - my favourite song on the album, "Work For Love"

Another absolute favourite: Psalms 23 (Buju Banton & 'Gramps' Morgan)

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

6album - Favourite album tracks Empty Re: Favourite album tracks Wed Jul 04 2012, 02:14

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

You never give me your money-Beatles
Day in the life -Beatles
Odessa- Bee Gees
Entangled-Genesis
Seventh Earl of Mar-Genesis
Dodo/Lurker- genesis
Baba O,Riley- The who
House of wax- paul mccartney
Mr Bellamy- paul mccartney
In the cage- genesis
Home by the sea- Genesis

7album - Favourite album tracks Empty Re: Favourite album tracks Tue Jul 24 2012, 23:32

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I like this thread so I thought I'd try and revive it - it has potential!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrL9uMqeP8M

8album - Favourite album tracks Empty Re: Favourite album tracks Tue Jul 24 2012, 23:52

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

OK Computer, that was an astonishing album, doffcocker. Maybe I'm biased, it came out while I was a student. Everyone seems to love whatever they listened to when they were around that age.

9album - Favourite album tracks Empty Re: Favourite album tracks Wed Jul 25 2012, 00:01

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I got into Radiohead five or so years ago when I realised a song I'd always liked (No Surprises) was by them. I've now got everything they've ever done.

This one from the latest album is lovely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41Yz5JtnNwM

10album - Favourite album tracks Empty Re: Favourite album tracks Wed Jul 25 2012, 00:13

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yeah that's very nice. I think OK Cumputer was their 'magnum opus', if I can use a Latin phrase without accusations of pretentiousness. A lot of bands seem to have one album which defines their legacy, even if other albums are in many ways superior. Pulp's Different Class, the Manics' Everything Must Go, REM's Automatic for the People, loads of examples. In many ways though they're not actually their best album, just the one everyone knows, but I think in Radiohead's case it is true....OK Computer is breathtaking.

11album - Favourite album tracks Empty Re: Favourite album tracks Wed Jul 25 2012, 00:31

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

OK Computer and The Bends are on a par in terms of how much I enjoyed them, even though OK Computer is clearly the more imaginative of the two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na5qrW032H4

12album - Favourite album tracks Empty Re: Favourite album tracks Wed Jul 25 2012, 02:23

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Have you ever seen the coverage of Radiohead at Glastonbury 1997? They were at the peak of their powers then and it's one of the best recordings of a live set I've ever seen. I saw them in person at Glastonbury 2003 but personally I prefer the 1997 setlist.

1997 setlist
Lucky
My Iron Lung
Airbag
Planet Telex
Exit Music (for a Film)
The Bends
(Nice Dream)
Paranoid Android
Karma Police
Creep
Climbing Up the Walls
No Surprises
Talk Show Host
Bones
Just
Fake Plastic Trees
Encore:
You
The Tourist
High and Dry
Street Spirit (Fade Out)

2003 setlist
There There
2 + 2 = 5
Lucky
The National Anthem
Talk Show Host
Where I End and You Begin
Climbing Up the Walls
The Gloaming
No Surprises
Fake Plastic Trees
Sit Down. Stand Up.
Go to Sleep
Sail to the Moon
Paranoid Android
Idioteque
Everything In Its Right Place
Encore:
Just
Karma Police
Encore 2:
Street Spirit (Fade Out)

13album - Favourite album tracks Empty Re: Favourite album tracks Wed Jul 25 2012, 23:12

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've seen numerous clips on youtube of them at Glastonbury. I'd love to see them live only I'm told they stubbornly don't play their anthemic tracks from the 90's anymore, and they're very expensive.

14album - Favourite album tracks Empty Re: Favourite album tracks Thu Jul 26 2012, 00:52

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

You should watch the full 1997 Glastonbury gig. It is special. It was only on BBC Three again last month. It's jaw dropping. Thom Yorke is like an ethereal, tortured entity on the stage.

Here's a link to it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxHVQOfksM0

And here's a small taster if anyone else wants to get an idea.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum