Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Whites coach BETS AGAINST TEAM (and wins)

Whites coach BETS AGAINST TEAM (and wins)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Triumph


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Been stupid to back us to win, good luck to the guy.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I can't understand this backlash at all, the guy should be applauded.

And at 9am this morning he should be announced as our new Chairman - when was the last time Gartside made us £230?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
 when was the last time Gartside made us £230?

When he told us ''fans'' to put money into a bucket before entering through the turnstyle.

to pay for Nat's statue.

observer


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I can't understand this backlash at all, the guy should be applauded.

And at 9am this morning he should be announced as our new Chairman - when was the last time Gartside made us £230?
 sunny Maybe he could balance our books!

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I can't understand this backlash at all, the guy should be applauded.

And at 9am this morning he should be announced as our new Chairman - when was the last time Gartside made us £230?
 sunny Maybe he could balance our books!
He'd need one hell of an accy for that. Like successfully betting Shergar will win the next Derby, West Ham will qualify for the Champions League, England will win the World Cup this summer AND Wayne Rooney will sign for Accrington Stanley tomorrow.  Laughing

Guest


Guest
When did Whittam get a statue?

Has the sculptor captured her wonky tits?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Breadman wrote:When did Whittam get a statue?


It was inevitable that it would happen one day. I am Bolton's biggest fan and fountain of knowledge.

Guest


Guest
What....there's a fountain as well?

Does it play a tune like the ones at The Bellagio?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Breadman wrote:What....there's a fountain as well?

Does it play a tune like the ones at The Bellagio?

You will find the fountain at the end of the rainbow with the pot of gold Breadman.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

You will find the fountain at the end of the rainbow with the pot of gold Breadman.

The pot of gold has gone. I spent it on new tits.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You sure it wasnt a pot of copper you wonky cow

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
He's resigned.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Maybe pressure was put on him to resign as an alternative to being sacked? A bit sad really because he was only a fitness coach for the juniors. Facebook must have caused misery to countless numbers of people if truth be told.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Maybe pressure was put on him to resign as an alternative to being sacked? A bit sad really because he was only a fitness coach for the juniors. Facebook must have caused misery to countless numbers of people if truth be told.
Dead right. Just a fella backing his judgement.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
His stake was only £6. It's not as if he is the next Nick Leeson. The management should simply have had a quiet word with him and told him not to divulge his betting choices on social media and that should have been the end of it.

Gordon Taylor was exposed as a massive gambler but he refused to resign and has still kept his job.

One rule for one.....

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:His stake was only £6. It's not as if he is the next Nick Leeson. The management should simply have had a quiet word with him and told him not to divulge his betting choices on social media and that should have been the end of it.

Gordon Taylor was exposed as a massive gambler but he refused to resign and has still kept his job.

One rule for one.....
 :agree: This is absolutely outrageous if he's been pushed into quitting. I'm getting seriously fed up of the internet knee jerkers getting more and more power. This smacks of Gartside and the gang running scared when the lad did nothing wrong except misjudge how he told his mate he'd had a good day. Stupid, yes. Sinister? not on your nelly. If Gartside had anything to do with this lad losing his job it's yet another nail in that useless twerp's coffin for me.  :gun:

observer


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:His stake was only £6. It's not as if he is the next Nick Leeson. The management should simply have had a quiet word with him and told him not to divulge his betting choices on social media and that should have been the end of it.

Gordon Taylor was exposed as a massive gambler but he refused to resign and has still kept his job.

One rule for one.....
 :agree: This is absolutely outrageous if he's been pushed into quitting. I'm getting seriously fed up of the internet knee jerkers getting more and more power. This smacks of Gartside and the gang running scared when the lad did nothing wrong except misjudge how he told his mate he'd had a good day. Stupid, yes. Sinister? not on your nelly. If Gartside had anything to do with this lad losing his job it's yet another nail in that useless twerp's coffin for me.  :gun:
I feel for the kid.  Childish mistake and he is paying for it.  I also hope the club did not push him out.  Should have been a lesson learned and that's it.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Coach resigns after betting against his own side and boasting about winnings on Facebook

A coach who bet his football club would lose a game - and then boasted about picking up his winnings on Facebook - has resigned.

As revealed by the M.E.N. Matty Dewhurst posted that he had scooped £231.59 from an accumulator that included a victory for QPR, who were playing against his employers Bolton Wanderers on Tuesday night.

In a conversation with a pal the Academy fitness and conditioning coach, 23, posted on the site he revealed he had landed his winnings after betting £6 on the outcome of nine matches.

The Championship club, who lost 2-1, launched an investigation but it is understood Mr Dewhurst, a former Little Lever High pupil, offered his resignation and handed over a letter of apology.

Both were accepted.

There is no suggestion that Mr Dewhurst tried to influence the result but in light of the match-fixing allegations that have rocked football his actions were viewed as unwise.

FA rules prohibit all club staff from gambling on any match the club participates in.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A spokesman for Bolton , currently languishing in 18th place in the Championship, repeated that the matter was being dealt with internally but shortly after confirmed Mr Dewhurst had apologised and left the club.

Mr Dewhurst, who is from Bolton posted a status update revealing his delight at winning the bet.

"Derby County, 0-2 at home to Yeovil, come back to win 3-2 in the last minute to win me £230 for my accumulator!!. Buzzing!!," it read.

He was then told by a friend that he had trumped his own bet and responded by brandishing further details of his own wager.

"I had a few teams on to be fair, derby, QPR, yoounited (Manchester United), Reading, Real Madrid, Swansea, Wolves, Chesterfield and Norwich Newcastle draw, £6 for £231.59 back," he added.

On the same Facebook account Mr Dewhurst lists his job as Academy U9s - U16s, International Academy Strength and Conditioning Coach at the Reebok club.

Bolton have lost their last three games, one of which was a 7-1 hammering at Reading.

Mr Dewhurst's Facebook account could not be viewed tonight (Thursday).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Maybe pressure was put on him to resign as an alternative to being sacked? A bit sad really because he was only a fitness coach for the juniors. Facebook must have caused misery to countless numbers of people if truth be told.

Your right about facebook although people do have a brain and are accountable for their own actions.

If people thought a little more before going on facebook every 5 seconds and posting to tell everyone their whole life story and posting things that could jeopardize their job/relationship etc then people wouldn't get in to trouble over it.

Thank fuck I'm not on it!  Smile 

carrs


David Lee
David Lee
The last thing I would want my club to be involved in is another young lad ending up on the dole. I hope there was no pressure to resign and trust this bit of publicity gets him another job offer soon.

The media moan about obese kids not getting enough exercise and poor diet. If we want to be seen as a family club bringing through youth our club could have gained some good PR and an association with kids health in the community from this.

Biggie

Biggie
Admin
Can somebody please start a knee jerk Facebook campaign about this and about how stupid the whole thing is!

http://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum