Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Ipswich 1-0 Bolton

Ipswich 1-0 Bolton

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

91Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton on Sat Feb 01 2014, 20:59

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
How good exactly were these chances Wanderlust?

I've been to most the matches this season, and we usually create at best, a lot of chances where the player it fell to always had a tricky job on his hands to score. I then come home and read from people (mainly Dougie) that we created enough opportunities to win several matches.

I've said it before, we've forgotten what really good chances look like at Bolton. People now get excited when a player gets a shooting opportunity from a tight angle. Can anybody remember the last time a Bolton player was one on one with a keeper?

92Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton on Sat Feb 01 2014, 21:02

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Beckford vs Birmingham?

93Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton on Sat Feb 01 2014, 21:29

Whitesince63


Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
bwfc1874 wrote:Whites you haven't posted facts at all, i.e. when you claimed Freedman treated Alonso disgustingly forced him out or most recently that Dawson was just okay for us because it fit your claim that we never made good loan signings. You've completely changed your tune on when you stopped going then, we won the Doncaster game 3-0 so that seems like a strange time to be seething...

I'm not going to apologise for giving my opinion on us and our situation. If Dougie goes and somebody comes in and gets a lot more out of these players then I'll know I was mistaken, doesn't make me wrong to have given my opinion though.

And yes you're delusional if you seriously think that me posting my opinions on here is having an influence on how the club is run, but that's probably something you'd describe as a fact.


We beat Donny but if you ever went to a game you'd know how shite we were even with that score. Dawson is average which is why he can't get onto West Brom's team but if you think he's great it just shows again how little you know. You continually deny Alonso was treated badly at first by Freedman offered an insult of a contract so again it shows how very little you know. i think you're wrong though about your opinions not having an influence on how the clubs run, you seem to be totally in sync with Gartside and Freedman so you're in really good company!!

94Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton on Sun Feb 02 2014, 10:58

Guest


Guest
'We beat Donny but if you ever went to a game you'd know how shite we were even with that score.' - Been to plenty, last week you said you'd refused to go to a game since Freedman took over, now it's this.  scratch 


'Dawson is average which is why he can't get onto West Brom's team but if you think he's great it just shows again how little you know.' I've never said he's great but he's clearly better than what we have and showed that with the results with him in the team. The facts show a massive improvement so god knows how this shows how little i know.


'You continually deny Alonso was treated badly at first by Freedman offered an insult of a contract so again it shows how very little you know.' No Whites, you continually make this claim and refuse to back it up. Sorry for not believing your every word.



'i think you're wrong though about your opinions not having an influence on how the clubs run, you seem to be totally in sync with Gartside and Freedman so you're in really good company!!' My opinions clearly have little to no effect on the club, again you're delusional to believe anything to the contrary.



So true to form from you Whites - complete and utter nonsense of a post.

95Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton on Sun Feb 02 2014, 11:13

Guest


Guest
@wanderlust wrote:Just back from the game and a bit pissed off as the Narch train was delayed for an hour. CYL was in the station with the two Korean girls that usually attend away matches getting a train to London which seemed a bit strange as he wasn't going back with the team. 
So the game...
Decent first half and we had the better chances but shooting was erratic. We came close to scoring on a couple of occasions but the rest was pretty dour.
Lonners gave away a stupid penalty (although in mitigation he seemed to slip and fall into their striker) and Ipswich were on top for 10 minutes or so after they scored.Then we got back into it but it was messy and didn't really threaten again.
Our back four were all excellent throughout and Knight was probably our best player. Our problem was the midfield who collectively were incapable of offering anything of note in the final third.
Pratley and Medo played well, but Spearing was poor especially his distribution. Trotter came on but didn't show much - neither did Eagles. 
The key difference for me was that Ipswich closed us down quickly whereas we gave them far too much time on the ball.
Up front, Juke worked hard but never really got a shooting chance and there was never enough support around him.
Interestingly, the disgruntled fans directed their anger at Gartside and at the players but not Freedman at the end of the game.
After all the kerfuffle about not getting a left back I don't see that as the problem - Ream was great.
Bottom line for me is that our midfield just isn't up to it. Not enough work rate in either closing down when out of possession or making runs forward and finding space when we had the ball.
Not sure if Trotter is the answer as he wasn't on long enough to get a real good look, but I am convinced that we need more pace, power, and above all effort in midfield.
Moritz might have made the difference but frankly without midfield runners finding space it would have been a thankless task.
My day was made complete by a trainload of jubilant Ipswich fans who were convinced they are heading for the playoffs, but they were lucky today as our back four kept them well under control and only a stupid penalty gave them the points.

Thanks for this Lust, a decent report. The failure to close down teams well enough is something that's been true all season, we simply don't apply enough pressure onto the ball and let teams come onto us I think it's a big contributor to our problems we have to be the worst team in the division when we're out of possession.

Creativity is a big problem, the onus is on the 3 behind the Juke Mavies, Danns and Pratley. I think we need Moritz starting far more often to be honest, but my biggest problem with our squad is the lack of pace in that area, we're crap on the counter because we don't do it fast enough. Feeney showed how effective it could be.

I'd start Trotter alongside Medo for the next few games, that should give us better balance in midfield. If Beckford's fit I think he'll play 2 up front against Bournemouth, he did in the away fixture.

96Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton on Sun Feb 02 2014, 11:36

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It's time for Dougie to give Spearing a rest and just play Medo. The fans can see it so why not Dougie?

97Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton on Sun Feb 02 2014, 11:39

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc
Moderator
Moderator
I don't think Dougie has the balls to even think of dropping his captain and probably one of the biggest earners on the books.

You're right he does need a few games on the bench but it won't happen IMO.

98Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton on Sun Feb 02 2014, 12:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:How good exactly were these chances Wanderlust?

I've been to most the matches this season, and we usually create at best, a lot of chances where the player it fell to always had a tricky job on his hands to score. I then come home and read from people (mainly Dougie) that we created enough opportunities to win several matches.

I've said it before, we've forgotten what really good chances look like at Bolton. People now get excited when a player gets a shooting opportunity from a tight angle. Can anybody remember the last time a Bolton player was one on one with a keeper?
Half chances - nothing clear cut and that is the problem. There was one through ball when a relatively pacy striker like Beckford or Odelusi might have pulled clear for a 1 on 1 with the goalie but Juke got caught - otherwise it was mainly scraps - a couple of first half snap shots that were close but drifted wide.

99Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton on Sun Feb 02 2014, 12:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
bwfc1874 wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Just back from the game and a bit pissed off as the Narch train was delayed for an hour. CYL was in the station with the two Korean girls that usually attend away matches getting a train to London which seemed a bit strange as he wasn't going back with the team. 
So the game...
Decent first half and we had the better chances but shooting was erratic. We came close to scoring on a couple of occasions but the rest was pretty dour.
Lonners gave away a stupid penalty (although in mitigation he seemed to slip and fall into their striker) and Ipswich were on top for 10 minutes or so after they scored.Then we got back into it but it was messy and didn't really threaten again.
Our back four were all excellent throughout and Knight was probably our best player. Our problem was the midfield who collectively were incapable of offering anything of note in the final third.
Pratley and Medo played well, but Spearing was poor especially his distribution. Trotter came on but didn't show much - neither did Eagles. 
The key difference for me was that Ipswich closed us down quickly whereas we gave them far too much time on the ball.
Up front, Juke worked hard but never really got a shooting chance and there was never enough support around him.
Interestingly, the disgruntled fans directed their anger at Gartside and at the players but not Freedman at the end of the game.
After all the kerfuffle about not getting a left back I don't see that as the problem - Ream was great.
Bottom line for me is that our midfield just isn't up to it. Not enough work rate in either closing down when out of possession or making runs forward and finding space when we had the ball.
Not sure if Trotter is the answer as he wasn't on long enough to get a real good look, but I am convinced that we need more pace, power, and above all effort in midfield.
Moritz might have made the difference but frankly without midfield runners finding space it would have been a thankless task.
My day was made complete by a trainload of jubilant Ipswich fans who were convinced they are heading for the playoffs, but they were lucky today as our back four kept them well under control and only a stupid penalty gave them the points.

Thanks for this Lust, a decent report. The failure to close down teams well enough is something that's been true all season, we simply don't apply enough pressure onto the ball and let teams come onto us I think it's a big contributor to our problems we have to be the worst team in the division when we're out of possession.

Creativity is a big problem, the onus is on the 3 behind the Juke Mavies, Danns and Pratley. I think we need Moritz starting far more often to be honest, but my biggest problem with our squad is the lack of pace in that area, we're crap on the counter because we don't do it fast enough. Feeney showed how effective it could be.

I'd start Trotter alongside Medo for the next few games, that should give us better balance in midfield. If Beckford's fit I think he'll play 2 up front against Bournemouth, he did in the away fixture.
For once the defence looked really solid but that just exposed our lack of running from midfield. Maybe it was because we had both Medo and Spearing on for much of the game but there were seldom players in space to pass to so there was a lot of side to side passing which broke down in the final third.

100Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton on Sun Feb 02 2014, 15:48

Whitesince63


Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
bwfc1874 wrote:'We beat Donny but if you ever went to a game you'd know how shite we were even with that score.' - Been to plenty, last week you said you'd refused to go to a game since Freedman took over, now it's this.  scratch 


'Dawson is average which is why he can't get onto West Brom's team but if you think he's great it just shows again how little you know.' I've never said he's great but he's clearly better than what we have and showed that with the results with him in the team. The facts show a massive improvement so god knows how this shows how little i know.


'You continually deny Alonso was treated badly at first by Freedman offered an insult of a contract so again it shows how very little you know.' No Whites, you continually make this claim and refuse to back it up. Sorry for not believing your every word.



'i think you're wrong though about your opinions not having an influence on how the clubs run, you seem to be totally in sync with Gartside and Freedman so you're in really good company!!' My opinions clearly have little to no effect on the club, again you're delusional to believe anything to the contrary.



So true to form from you Whites - complete and utter nonsense of a post.


74 this is the last time I'm going to respond to you because you're clearly a moron. First please find for me anywhere in any of my posts where I said I hadn't been or wouldn't go since Freedman has been there. After the Doncaster game I'd had enough and said so.

Second Freedman offered Alonso a much reduced contract when he arrived which it was reported in the BEN that he was less than happy with. Freedman resounded take it or leave it. That's insulting.

Third, my sarcasm obviously went over head. I'll try and keep things simple in future so you can understand the humour.

101Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton on Sun Feb 02 2014, 15:51

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Report: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton

IN BRIEF

David McGoldrick's second half penalty kick ensured that Wanderers left Suffolk empty handed as they were defeated 1-0 by Ipswich Town.

The striker, who won the spot-kick himself, calmly slotted the ball past Andrew Lonergan in the 55th minute, with the Whites unable to find a response on a bitterly cold Saturday afternoon at Portman Road.

TEAM NEWS

Wanderers’ starting line-up against the Tractor Boys saw just one change to the side which turned out against Queens Park Rangers on Tuesday evening, with Lukas Jutkiewicz handed his first start for the club following Craig Davies’ loan move to Preston on Friday afternoon.

Meanwhile, Liam Trotter, a deadline day acquisition from Millwall, took his place amongst the Bolton substitutes.

FIRST HALF

Wanderers started brightly, with Jutkiewicz forcing the hosts under pressure early on after connecting with a hopeful punt downfield from deep in the Bolton defence, but the ball was smuggled away for a corner.

Mick McCarthy’s side soon gave the Whites a glimpse of their own danger in front of goal however, with leading goal scorer David McGoldrick unable to keep his effort down from close range in the fourth minute of the game.

Moments later though Jutkiewicz was back in the thick of the action with his looping header from a matter of yards out sailing narrowly past the upright, before playing the ball into the feet of Darren Pratley who had broken free of the Ipswich defence, only to be deemed narrowly offside.

An impressive start from the Whites, they seemed destined to break the deadlock with 11 minutes on the clock as following a scintillating run from Tim Ream down the left flank, neither Jutkiewicz nor Mark Davies could capitalise on some dubious Ipswich defending in the area.

Having struggled to force their way into Wanderers territory in the opening stages, Frank Nouble almost stunned the visitors with an effort from a narrow angle, but Matt Mills got enough on the shot to deflect it past Andrew Lonergan’s far post.

The chance seemed to be just the tonic which Ipswich needed, with the Bolton keeper being forced into a superb save to deny Aaron Cresswell what would have been an incredible strike from all of 30 yards from the resulting corner.

An incident involving a head injury to Cole Skuse halted play just short of the half hour mark, with the Ipswich man leaving the field with the help from the club’s medical staff and being replaced by Anthony Wordsworth.

The stoppage appeared to knock the home side out of their stride, with Dean Gerken being forced into a smart save from close range to deny an unmarked Neil Danns the opening goal of the clash shortly after following a great pass from Jay Spearing.

As the clock ran down, it was undoubtedly Wanderers who were in the ascendancy with Jutkiewicz proving himself a nuisance once again as Christophe Berra almost headed into his own net under pressure from the frontman, while Pratley attempted an ambitious acrobatic effort which failed to trouble Gerken.

Having looked dangerous through the first period, Jutkiewicz looked to have snatched the lead for the Whites on the stroke of half time as he turned his man on the edge of the area, but the loanee scuffed his shot so it trickled agonisingly past the post.

SECOND HALF

After finishing the first half on a high, Wanderers almost broke the deadlock moments after the restart as Alex Baptiste found himself unmarked in the box and unleashed from a narrow angle, but Gerken was equal to his effort to keep the scores level.

With the full backing of a vocal Portman Road faithful however, the home side enjoyed a spell of pressure soon after with Stephen Hunt and Nouble testing the Bolton defence.

Their determination was to pay off however in the 55th minute as following chaos in the penalty area, Lonergan was adjudged to have fouled McGoldrick in the area, with the striker slotting the resulting spot-kick past the Bolton keeper.

Undoubtedly cruel on Wanderers following their showing thus far in the game, Dougie Freedman threw Chris Eagles into the mix in place of Pratley to provide some added fire power in a bid to drag the Whites back into the clash.

Ipswich were clearly brimming with confidence however, with Hunt’s swinging effort from the edge of the box forcing Lonergan into another good save on the hour mark while Jay Tabb’s long range shot was deflected away with a goal seeming imminent.

The Whites were clearly stunned by the home side’s opener, with Freedman’s side struggling to break out of their own half as Ipswich lay siege on the Bolton goal with Daryl Murphy coming close to doubling the Tractor Boys’ tally following good work from McGoldrick.

The Ipswich frontman looked set to extend his side’s lead with 12 minutes remaining as he powered through midfield and to the edge of the area, but his effort was blocked by the body of Tim Ream, much to the relief of the travelling Bolton faithful.

Having entered the fray earlier in the half, Eagles offered some hope of Wanderers rescuing a result from the game with a well taken curled effort, but Gerken comfortably scooped the ball to safety to the frustration of the winger and his teammates.

With three minutes of stoppage time indicated, Bolton enjoyed one last opportunity as Spearing played the ball into a bustling penalty area, but Ipswich cleared their lines to ensure that all three points remained theirs.

FULL TIME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

102Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton on Sun Feb 02 2014, 15:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Freedman - Penalty proved decisive

Dougie Freedman says he has no complaints about the penalty decision that ultimately proved decisive in the weekend’s game at Ipswich.

After a scramble in the area Andrew Lonergan upended David McGoldrick who duly slammed home the resulting spot kick.

All that after an encouraging opening 45 minutes in which Bolton’s attacking play impressed, with Lukas Jutkiewicz the focal point of the frontline.

“Once again we’re on the end of a very disappointing result,” the manager said after the game.

“Not for the first time we felt we were by far the better side in the opening 45 minutes. We competed very well and created four or five opportunities and it was a shame we didn’t take any of those.

“At the start of the second half a rush of blood and a rash decision was the difference between the two teams. Aside from that, there wasn’t a lot in it.

“We have no complaints about the penalty decision. That small moment won the game for Ipswich.

“Unfortunately, that’s the way things have been going for us recently.

“A disappointing thing from our point of view was the fact that we didn’t really create that much in the final 20 minutes when we were chasing the game.

“It’s obviously a concern that we’re not winning games of football at this moment in time, but we’ve got a group of good players here.

“We can’t let our heads go down. We have to make sure we keep the performance and commitment levels up.

“We have a number of big games at home coming up this month and we have to be right at it from the off.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

103Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton on Sun Feb 02 2014, 16:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Match highlights: Ipswich Town

104Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton on Sun Feb 02 2014, 18:37

guest66


Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel
Wanderlust you mention the lack of pressing? In your opinion is it the manager's job to enforce his players do this or should the players be doing this regardless of managers instructions? The entire season we have dropped deep and not pressed properly, our wingers are also always slow to get back behind the ball, which is why we are so fragile in the full back areas. The blame falls squarely at the managers feet, how i would love to see a performance like west hams versus chelsea. Freedman can't win over his players, they don't play for him and we WILL go down in my opinion with him in charge. 1 striker in the club who isn't even ours, it's an absolute disgrace. I have never seen such a badly managed Bolton team in my life. I would honestly rather have Coyle, at least there were some very good times. #FreedmanOut

105Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton on Mon Feb 03 2014, 08:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Wanderlust you mention the lack of pressing? In your opinion is it the manager's job to enforce his players do this or should the players be doing this regardless of managers instructions? The entire season we have dropped deep and not pressed properly, our wingers are also always slow to get back behind the ball, which is why we are so fragile in the full back areas. The blame falls squarely at the managers feet, how i would love to see a performance like west hams versus chelsea. Freedman can't win over his players, they don't play for him and we WILL go down in my opinion with him in charge. 1 striker in the club who isn't even ours, it's an absolute disgrace. I have never seen such a badly managed Bolton team in my life. I would honestly rather have Coyle, at least there were some very good times. #FreedmanOut
Lack of pressing, lack of movement and poor passing - generally impotent and static in midfield.
Whether the manager is to blame for that is debatable, but for me it looks like the players just weren't performing to an adequate standard and an average Ipswich side coped simply by working harder.

106Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton on Mon Feb 03 2014, 09:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Whether the manager is to blame for that is debatable, but for me it looks like the players just weren't performing to an adequate standard and an average Ipswich side coped simply by working harder.

At any other club players that consistently gave poor performances with little effort would be dropped, even if it meant playing kids.

Freedman has created this monster by not dropping players who underperform, but dropping players who actually do - one game springs to mind (but I forget the opposition) where all three goalscorers from the previous game were dropped.

107Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton on Mon Feb 03 2014, 09:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I know DF will probably go with the same back four and Beckford will return, but that apart I really wouldn't mind him dropping Spearing, having Medo as the lone defensive mid and throwing on Clough, Sanmi, and Hall (I know he's not popular!) perhaps with Mavies or Moritz - if only to give them a chance to show what they can do and give the current lot a wake up call.
Maybe a bit of naivety is what's needed.
But that's way too risky for Dougie in our current position, even though the senior players he usually puts in midfield got us into this mess in the first place.

108Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton on Mon Feb 03 2014, 09:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I know DF will probably go with the same back four and Beckford will return, but that apart I really wouldn't mind him dropping Spearing, having Medo as the lone defensive mid and throwing on Clough, Sanmi, and Hall (I know he's not popular!) perhaps with Mavies or Moritz - if only to give them a chance to show what they can do and give the current lot a wake up call.
Maybe a bit of naivety is what's needed.
But that's way too risky for Dougie in our current position, even though the senior players he usually puts in midfield got us into this mess in the first place.

Agreed. He wittered on about Moritz being this "great player" and then rarely picks him.

109Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton on Mon Feb 03 2014, 10:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I know DF will probably go with the same back four and Beckford will return, but that apart I really wouldn't mind him dropping Spearing, having Medo as the lone defensive mid and throwing on Clough, Sanmi, and Hall (I know he's not popular!) perhaps with Mavies or Moritz - if only to give them a chance to show what they can do and give the current lot a wake up call.
Maybe a bit of naivety is what's needed.
But that's way too risky for Dougie in our current position, even though the senior players he usually puts in midfield got us into this mess in the first place.

Agreed. He wittered on about Moritz being this "great player" and then rarely picks him.

I think that may be because he views Moritz as a luxury item - lots of skill but not much of an engine to get stuck in when we don't have the ball. The dilemma would be that in order to play him, he'd need more workhorses around him - which would beg the question as to who would then be able to get into good attacking positions for Moritz to make killer passes to?
In some ways it's a straight choice between Moritz and Spearing to distribute from midfield and personally I'd sacrifice Spearing to play Moritz at the moment and trust the defence to cope without the extra cover.

110Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton on Mon Feb 03 2014, 13:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
the bottom line is we need to start winning games and playing 2 holding midfielders isn't going to help that, Spearing should be dropped.

DF needs to find a way to get Moritz and Mavies in the same team and at least look like we can create something for the (lone) striker.


111Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton on Mon Feb 03 2014, 13:57

elhadj


David Ngog
David Ngog
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Whether the manager is to blame for that is debatable, but for me it looks like the players just weren't performing to an adequate standard and an average Ipswich side coped simply by working harder.

At any other club players that consistently gave poor performances with little effort would be dropped, even if it meant playing kids.

Freedman has created this monster by not dropping players who underperform, but dropping players who actually do - one game springs to mind (but I forget the opposition) where all three goalscorers from the previous game were dropped.

you mean bolton vs Leicester city match moritz and beckford scored the three goal but after this match they dropped them , i don't know why .

112Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton on Mon Feb 03 2014, 14:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:the bottom line is we need to start winning games and playing 2 holding midfielders isn't going to help that, Spearing should be dropped.

DF needs to find a way to get Moritz and Mavies in the same team and at least look like we can create something for the (lone) striker.



White Mills Ream Baptiste/Tierney
            Medo
Pratley Mavies Moritz 
         Clough/Odelusi
Beckford

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum