Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Man Utd "Fanzine" Mocks Muamba reaction.

+6
Sluffy
Reebok Trotter
Quent
largehat
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Man Utd "Fanzine" Mocks Muamba reaction.  Ao6pxhZCAAAzpjd

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Get over it Hipster.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How does this, in any way, describe my feelings on the subject?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Because you're the one who highlighted the Littlejohn article and now you're doing it again.

Be honest, if the Muamba thing had happened to Johnny Evans would you feel the same way? Of course not.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I put the articles on to create a bit of debate on the site, if you'd rather i didn't, let me know and i won't bother in the future.

If the same thing happened to another player, i'd feel just as shocked, and hope they were able to recover ASAP. As any decent human being would.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I put the articles on to create a bit of debate on the site, if you'd rather i didn't, let me know and i won't bother in the future.

If the same thing happened to another player, i'd feel just as shocked, and hope they were able to recover ASAP. As any decent human being would.

Everything gets mocked in the end because life goes on.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster, lets hope the decent United fans do the right thing and boycott this guy's fanzine. It's a disgrace. A recent issue of that rag got seized by the police for stirring up hate. I can see why Natasha approves.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks for a reasonable response for a change.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Largehat and Hipster should get married, they both live in a PC world where nothing can be mocked or made a joke of.

Muamba is getting better, he didn't die, and as I said before, if this had been a Man Utd player things would have been very different on this site and many others.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster, my responses are usually reasonable I think. Or did you mean the troll?

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Largehat and Hipster should get married, they both live in a PC world where nothing can be mocked or made a joke of.

Muamba is getting better, he didn't die, and as I said before, if this had been a Man Utd player things would have been very different on this site and many others.

So why are you approving of something which is lampooning a Bolton player dying exactly?

Don't waste my time with your bullshit interpretation of political correctness either. You're a really fucked up person.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Hipster, my responses are usually reasonable I think. Or did you mean the troll?

I did indeed mean the troglodyte

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

At the risk of being branded a troll I do agree that things always get mocked or joked about in the end. There were Whitney Houston jokes going round the net before she was even cold, I didn't see anyone on here condemning them at the time.

While Muamba clearly means more to the majority of us, it's unreasonable to expect the rest of the world to feel the same.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Quent wrote:At the risk of being branded a troll I do agree that things always get mocked or joked about in the end. There were Whitney Houston jokes going round the net before she was even cold, I didn't see anyone on here condemning them at the time.

This is a Bolton Wanderers forum.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On a lighter note Muamba watched the MOTD repeat on Sunday morning and today he apparently got up and walked for the first time.

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

largehat wrote:

And that's a United fanzine for United fans.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Quent wrote:
largehat wrote:

And that's a United fanzine for United fans.

My god, you're quick off the mark.

You said nobody on here complained when Whitney Houston was the butt of jokes when she died.

But this is a Bolton Wanderers forum, of course it is far more likely than someone is going to take offence at some tosser from another club lampooning a Bolton Wanderers player dying on the pitch.

And seeing as you mention that it's a Man United fanzine, you'll be happy to tell me what exactly is appealing about that cover to Man United fans? They don't consider us to be rivals, and it had nothing to do with their club.

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

largehat wrote:

My god, you're quick off the mark.

You said nobody on here complained when Whitney Houston was the butt of jokes when she died.

But this is a Bolton Wanderers forum, of course it is far more likely than someone is going to take offence at some tosser from another club lampooning a Bolton Wanderers player dying on the pitch.

And seeing as you mention that it's a Man United fanzine, you'll be happy to tell me what exactly is appealing about that cover to Man United fans? They don't consider us to be rivals, and it had nothing to do with their club.

It's a fanzine Largehat, they take the piss out of everything. I'm not trying to defend their rag, just pointing out that we can't expect the whole world to refrain from jokes about the Muamba incident. Especially as he wasn't a dying player as you put it.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Quent wrote:
It's a fanzine Largehat, they take the piss out of everything. I'm not trying to defend their rag, just pointing out that we can't expect the whole world to refrain from jokes about the Muamba incident. Especially as he wasn't a dying player as you put it.

He was dying at the time the image was taken, so it was a picture of a dying Bolton Wanderers player. He was clinically dead for 78 minutes and revived.

It's fair to say that fanzines take the piss out of everything, that's what they do. However, if we produce a fanzine which lampoons the Munich air crash, will that be OK? Sure, players died, but it was over 50 years ago. Not everything is fair game and that publication has already been seized by the police once this season, so it's fair to say the editor has form for crossing the line of acceptability.

I just think it's fair to point out that some people are going to be offended by the cover of that fanzine, as Hipster Nebula has. And that it (the lack of decency of the subject matter) has nothing to do with political correctness, as The Troll says.

Anyway I think we understand each other's point of view on the subject, I am not that bothered what rubbish Man United fans read or find amusing.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

So would we all if truth be told.

Don't know how many have heard about a Spurs trainee who had a really bad accident a short while before Muamba's collapse.

The Club can report that our young academy player Oliver Modeste has now been transferred from intensive care to a high dependency unit.

He is currently showing daily improvement, however his condition remains serious.

Oliver, 17, had been in intensive care since sustaining a significant head injury following an accidental fall 13 days ago.

Oliver's family has asked the Club to convey their thanks for all the messages of support they have received and for continuing to respect their privacy at this time.

Everybody at the Club continues to send their best wishes to Oliver and his family.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/oliver-modeste-update.page

Get well soon fella.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum