Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trotter - New partnerships encouraging

+3
BoltonTillIDie
Hip Priest
karlypants
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Liam Trotter hopes more playing time in the Bolton first team will help him build on some encouraging initial partnerships with his new team-mates.

The deadline-day recruit made his home debut for Wanderers in the weekend’s 2-2 draw with AFC Bournemouth at the Reebok Stadium.

Trotter was deployed at the point of an attack-minded midfield trio, linking up with Mark Davies and Jay Spearing well, particularly in the first half.

And now the Millwall loanee believes that with more game time he will be able to quickly strike up a positive rapport with his new Bolton colleagues.

“In terms of integrating with the other players, I felt that the game went well from my point of view,” Trotter told bwfc.co.uk after the game.

“Working in the midfield with two very good players in Jay Spearing and Mark Davies was enjoyable.

“I also feel like I linked up with Jukes (Lukas Jutkiewicz) when pushing forward.

“When you’re surrounded by these kinds of players it’s a lot easy to quickly fit in. Hopefully those partnerships can continue to develop with more games.”

Even with some positive football in the opening half, Trotter’s underlying emotion was one of frustration given the ultimate outcome of the game.

The visitors from the south coast would claw their way back from two goals down to earn a share of the spoils.

Trotter was very much of the belief that Lewis Grabban’s goal in the run up to half time, to take the game to 2-1, had a significant impact on the game.

Trotter added: “Overall, I think we can certainly take a lot of positives from the first 40 minutes of the game. The other positive was the fact that we didn’t lose the game.

“I thought we were deserving of the two-goal lead and that we played some good stuff.

“Their first goal then came out of nowhere and that was a bit of a sucker punch. Lewis Grabban has a shot from 25 yards and he puts it in the top corner.

“But that’s what it is like in this league - there are some very good players. We’ve got to make sure that we don’t allow teams those kinds of opportunities.

“That goal turned the tide of the game. You can’t help but think that it would have been a different game had we been able to hold out until half time.

“Even when we conceded the second we showed good character for a push late on. Unfortunately we couldn’t find a winner.”

Source

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Was he playing on Saturday, sorry I must have missed that bit, must have gone for a pee or summat. Speaks the bullshit well though, Duggie's got this lad well trained.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Someone needs to put their phone on silent...

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Well the only two players to come out after the game are the two new loanees.

Not one word from the likes of Spearing or Knight on backing freedman.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He was never in the game, you couldn't help but notice him because he is a big guy but what did he bring to the game? Nowt!! he looked lost and should have gone of at half time.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is Spearing an "attack-minded midfielder"?
Perhaps he is, but his wayward passing doesn't do a lot for the attack.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Well the only two players to come out after the game are the two new loanees.

Not one word from the likes of Spearing or Knight on backing freedman.

You're right i really wanted another Zat Knight "rallying call"

He's got a lovely beard.

That's a well groomed young man, right there.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:He's got a lovely beard.

That's a well groomed young man, right there.

Shocked 

Not "groomed" in the "Come and stay with Uncle Magoo for a week" sense.

You perve......

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Not "groomed" in the "Come and stay with Uncle Magoo for a week" sense.

You perve......

Laughing 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum