Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Behind Enemy Lines (Saturday Night Version)

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

As Natasha is busy with a large queue of men (postmen or bailiffs depending on whom you ask) I thought I would take it upon myself to post a short BEL for those of us not otherwise engaged tonight,  Laughing 

The following comes from our blue and white dingle friends on Roverstalk.com

We'll start with mcteeth who was quietly worried about this match. 
Re: Bolton v Blackburn, Sat 1st Mar 2014, 15:00
by 
mcteeth
» Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:41 pm
Aside from beating Watford their form has been pretty iffy at past, with the odd humping, and yet I feel quite nervous about this game. Probably because it is important we get something out of it in preparation for Burnley, which is going to be even more difficult.

Hopefully Forest and Wigan draw which is quite possible and Ipswich and Brighton have got tough games, but Reading are at home to Yeovil.

Cairney is fit which is great.

However his fellow dingle ethiaa was far more confident and said: 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Ethiaa
 Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:43 pm
Best. Poll. Ever.

I fancy a sneaky win.

Roverthetop had a special strategy with which he felt BRFC would take the points.
Rover the Top
 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:25 pm
Ethiaa wrote:I fancy a sneaky win.
Is that where we creep back onto the pitch after everyone's gone home and score the winner?

Most of the remaining posts were in a similar vein, for a side that has play off aspirations there was a distinct lack of belief that they would walk this one and much was made of an injury to Hanley, so much so that dwayne cage replied to Baron-23 with the following:
dwayne cage
BARON-23- wrote:I read from Cryer on Twitter just now that Hanley is facing a spell on the sidelines. Does anyone know much about this? If so then our lack of center backs could come back to bite us in the ass this weekend [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Be a big problem if Hanley is out! 

Emergency loan and fast

The game kicked off and roverstalk posters following the game said: 

mcteeth
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:31 pm
Rhodes misses a great chance then we concede [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

mcteeth
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:02 pm
Now 2-0, sounds like we are badly missing Hanley. No surprise that the midfield is having a nightmare, Lowe and Williamson have not been good enough previously in my opinion.

Half time, we were winning two-nil and it appears mcteeth was impressed with Mr Bowyer's decision to make a change. 

mcteeth
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:07 pm
Williamson off at half time for Evans [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It quickly became apparent that mcteeth had spoken too soon because just a few minutes later this appeared:

mcteeth
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:09 pm
And now 3-0 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

However not all the dingles had lost their optimism, one went so far as to suggest time travel as a possible means of retrieving the game:

Jim
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:10 pm
Bad day at the office it seems but... WE WILL STILL BE VICTORIAN!

Errrm... VICTORIOUS!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sadly for Jim and the other Dr Who fans amongst the dingles the the TARDIS failed to appear and it wasn't long before this was posted:
dwayne cage
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:14 pm
We are fucking shit!!!!

And that includes Mr Rhodes

Our friend mcteeth also had an opinion on the inestimable talents of young Jordan Rhodes to offer: 

mcteeth
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:28 pm
Two big misses from Rhodes today, one at 0-0.

It wasn't long before dwaynecage offered this succinct verdict on today's match: 
dwayne cage
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:59 pm
4-0 is abysmal, no excuses.

Burnley will fucking murder us!!!

Very soon after tomthebodz did his impression of a dingles Whittam with this comment about his team's manager and performance. 
tomthebodz
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:12 pm
In my opinion Bowyer has to take 100% responsibility for that result. The team he put out was woeful and we were always going to lose that game.

We have no depth to out squad, Hanley and Cairney get injured we play like a League 2 side. Come Monday he should be recalling Edwards and O Connell from loan or bringing in some cover at centre back or we can kiss the play offs goodbye.

dwaynecage clearly shared tom's sentiments with this reply:

dwayne cage
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:29 pm
tomthebodz wrote:In my opinion Bowyer has to take 100% responsibility for that result. The team he put out was woeful and we were always going to lose that game. We have no depth to out squad, Hanley and Cairney get injured we play like a League 2 side. Come Monday he should be recalling Edwards and O Connell from loan or bringing in some cover at centre back or we can kiss the play offs goodbye.

We might as well do that now

The Final word went to Simon who did his luckyPeterpiper impression with the longest single post of the day when he said:

Simon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:06 pm
So very poor. Playing 4-4-2 with Lowe and Williamson in the middle gave Rovers no impetus going forward and an inability to keep the ball. This led to rovers hoofing the ball up to Gestede and Rhodes against 2 massive centre backs when it was clear this played into their hands. Bolton were able to have time and space higher up the pitch and the makeshift defence didn't look comfortable at all as the ball was pinged around the edge of the box.

They could have scored more than they did in the 1st half, but took their foot off 2nd half which was a bit crap all round really. Saying that their 2nd goal was the flukey result of a bit of a scramble that could have gone anywhere and went to the player lurking near the penalty spot and the 3rd and 4th were pot shots.

Having read the reaction many people have had to this game, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned just how out of his depth Henley looked. He looked uncomfortable throughout, gave the ball away via poor passing and dispossession, and just kept backing off for their 1st goal until he was nearly in the 6 yard box, at which point he tried to make a tackle and fell over. At one point it appeared as though he'd tried to make a pass, but underhit it too much he ended up retain possession, only to underhit the 2nd attempt at the same pass and give the ball away. He was consistently marking space leaving Conway with a lot of work to do. 

There were probably no good performances from anyone in the team. Gestede also kept giving the ball away pointlessly. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Spurr didn't look comfortable at CB and looked a little leggy (suspect match fitness isn't quite there). Ultimately, the tactics probably cost rovers as much as the poor performances and missing players.

I wish there was more I could bring to you but the entire matchday thread only had about thirty posts in total. However I am sure that when ms Whittam has finished dealing with her "packages" she will be able to find a more vociferous dingle based forum to quote from. In the meantime I hope this one meets with approval from my fellow trotters. 

Last edited by luckyPeterpiper on Sat Mar 01 2014, 21:15; edited 1 time in total

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nice work LPP.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

:clap: 

Great effort Peter, thank you.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nice one Lucky!

Bolton Nuts

Admin

At one point it appeared as though he'd tried to make a pass, but underhit it too much he ended up retain possession, only to underhit the 2nd attempt at the same pass and give the ball away-

I remember that bit of the game. What a donkey he was.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum