Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Outstanding Service award for Ruth

+11
MartinBWFC
Mr Magoo
boltonbonce
TheHateCamel
doffcocker
gloswhite
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
karlypants
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Outstanding Service award for Ruth - Page 2 Empty Re: Outstanding Service award for Ruth Tue Mar 18 2014, 22:27

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Well there you go, it's Timmy Taylors for me!!
I'm pretty sure I've had the Landlord not so long back which was a decent beer!

22Outstanding Service award for Ruth - Page 2 Empty Re: Outstanding Service award for Ruth Tue Mar 18 2014, 22:57

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think she sits near me in the West Stand. I should tell her about her Bolton Nuts admirers at the next match, she'd be a great addition to the forum.

Congratulations to her.

23Outstanding Service award for Ruth - Page 2 Empty Re: Outstanding Service award for Ruth Tue Mar 18 2014, 22:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I think she sits near me in the West Stand. I should tell her about her Bolton Nuts admirers at the next match, she'd be a great addition to the forum.

Congratulations to her.
She could already be here for all you know in the member name of Natasha Whittam! Very Happy

24Outstanding Service award for Ruth - Page 2 Empty Re: Outstanding Service award for Ruth Wed Mar 19 2014, 00:09

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

My dad Roger Kay sat next to Ruth for the best part of 20 years til he got too ill to go to matches. She attended his funeral and laid a wanderers scarf on his coffin. She is a wonderful kind woman that deserves all our respect and love. She has a good word to say about most people but don't get her started on HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED, no-one should have to hear a pensioner swear like that.
In short, whenever I see her selling programmes I stop and give her a big bear hug, then I buy a programme and she reminds me that my dad loved BWFC as much as she did and what he would be thinking and saying about our current situations. 
If I could I would give her a Dame-hood.

25Outstanding Service award for Ruth - Page 2 Empty Re: Outstanding Service award for Ruth Wed Mar 19 2014, 00:37

Wow....what a coincidence.

How did she get on in the ring with Iron Mike?

I sparred with Ronnie Corbett and Little Jimmy Crankie back in the day, so I've been round a bit and they could punch, let me tell you.....They wore the 35 oz gloves. With added lead. And nails.....and shit.

Like Jean Claude in that film with the nasty Thai blokes or wherever, but with added shrapnel......

Whoo hoo! Boom....! Down they went. Ding ding! I win again!

Nice to have another real grappler on here, though.

26Outstanding Service award for Ruth - Page 2 Empty Re: Outstanding Service award for Ruth Wed Mar 19 2014, 21:33

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I cannot understand how people on here find the need to criticise her, and her following of the team. I have no doubt she would wonder what a lot of people see in coming on to a forum and talking drivel, night after night. We all have our pet likes, so let Ruth get on with hers. She didn't ask for the accolade, and the team is her life. She's spending it as she wants, and I doubt very much she's continued her support just so she said she had followed them for 60 years or so.

27Outstanding Service award for Ruth - Page 2 Empty Re: Outstanding Service award for Ruth Wed Mar 19 2014, 21:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I cannot understand how people on here find the need to criticise her, and her following of the team. I have no doubt she would wonder what a lot of people see in coming on to a forum and talking drivel, night after night. We all have our pet likes, so let Ruth get on with hers. She didn't ask for the accolade, and the team is her life. She's spending it as she wants, and I doubt very much she's continued her support just so she said she had followed them for 60 years or so.
Outstanding Service award for Ruth - Page 2 Thumbs-up-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon

28Outstanding Service award for Ruth - Page 2 Empty Re: Outstanding Service award for Ruth Wed Mar 19 2014, 21:43

I can't speak for Sluffy, but as far I was concerned, I wasn't having a pop at her.

It's her life and she can spend it doing whatever she wants.

I just think it's a bit sad to miss out on so many potentially life-changing experiences, because you're on a coach travelling to Swindon or Reading to watch your team play football.

Again.......

And it's all you ever do......

29Outstanding Service award for Ruth - Page 2 Empty Re: Outstanding Service award for Ruth Wed Mar 19 2014, 21:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought I would add an image of the "Mega Fan" with Eddie Davies...

Outstanding Service award for Ruth - Page 2 Ruth-crawshaw-eddie-davies-4x3201-1427547_478x359

30Outstanding Service award for Ruth - Page 2 Empty Re: Outstanding Service award for Ruth Wed Mar 19 2014, 21:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree with what everyone has said in the thread and "each to their own", maybe the lady doesn't have any family or anything and this is here number one for entertainment (well we know it is!).

At the end of the day we all like different things, nobody is saying a bad word though about Ruth and it is all everyone's opinion at the end of the day. Smile

31Outstanding Service award for Ruth - Page 2 Empty Re: Outstanding Service award for Ruth Wed Mar 19 2014, 21:57

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I bet Sluffy and Scott would.

32Outstanding Service award for Ruth - Page 2 Empty Re: Outstanding Service award for Ruth Wed Mar 19 2014, 21:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:I can't speak for Sluffy, but as far I was concerned, I wasn't having a pop at her.

It's her life and she can spend it doing whatever she wants.

I just think it's a bit sad to miss out on so many potentially life-changing experiences, because you're on a coach travelling to Swindon or Reading to watch your team play football.

Again.......

And it's all you ever do......
A bloke who used to live near me was very similar to Ruth. Lived and breathed Wanderers,but in the end his passion cost him his marriage. His wife wanted more out of life and he was unable give her the same devotion he gave to the whites. He's now 76 and lives alone,surrounded by his memorabilia and a lifetimes collection of football programmes. I know what Bread means,it's a big world out there. But if it makes her happy.........

33Outstanding Service award for Ruth - Page 2 Empty Re: Outstanding Service award for Ruth Wed Mar 19 2014, 22:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I wasn't having a pop at her either - I did say it was her life and she can spend it how she wants - I was saying thought there is far more to life than football and anyone limiting themselves to just one thing - whether it be following your club, spending it on a forum or even building stone walls, are limiting their own potential life enrichment opportunities.

I like fish and chips but I wouldn't want to eat it everyday for the next sixty years.  I enjoyed my visit to New York but I wouldn't like to think that's the only place to spend my holidays from now on until 2074!

I know a little something about compulsion, enough to know that people get trapped within their routines, going through the same motions time, after time, after time.  They gain comfort from the repetition - not the main event itself.

It's got to the stage that if we played a team of one legged, albino pygmys, Ruth would be there to keep her 'streak' going.  It's no longer matters who we play, how we play, or what it costs, that has any rationale in whether to go to the game or not - it is simply the next game for her to 'tick off' as attended.  It is her compulsion to attend whatever any circumstances maybe.

If truth be told I feel sorry for her, not that she would want my sympathy.  It's simply not a normal thing to do, not for that length of time - a lifetime - literally!

There's certainly a lot more to life than Bolton Wanderers, however her life clearly is Bolton Wanderers.

Her choice, her life.

Last edited by Sluffy on Wed Mar 19 2014, 23:49; edited 1 time in total

34Outstanding Service award for Ruth - Page 2 Empty Re: Outstanding Service award for Ruth Wed Mar 19 2014, 23:02

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:
I'm pretty sure I've had the Landlord not so long back which was a decent queer!
 What a Face

35Outstanding Service award for Ruth - Page 2 Empty Re: Outstanding Service award for Ruth Wed Mar 19 2014, 23:16

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I started early watching Bolton but it wasn't my life, still isn't but whenever we have played I've always wanted to know how we're doing.

Kind of being there in spirit, I suppose.

36Outstanding Service award for Ruth - Page 2 Empty Re: Outstanding Service award for Ruth Wed Mar 19 2014, 23:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
karlypants wrote:
I'm pretty sure I've had the Landlord not so long back which was a decent queer!
 What a Face
 affraid   :trust:

37Outstanding Service award for Ruth - Page 2 Empty Re: Outstanding Service award for Ruth Wed Mar 19 2014, 23:30

Oi, man up!

Us bread bakers don't respond to adversity by hoping somebody else will step in and make everything ok again.

We sort our own shit out.

We are Bakers.

We control our own destiny.

We are strong (like our bread flour.)

Take a good look at yourself in the mirror, young man, and retake control.

You are a baker and you are independent, beautiful and in control of your destiny!

38Outstanding Service award for Ruth - Page 2 Empty Re: Outstanding Service award for Ruth Wed Mar 19 2014, 23:53

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:Oi, man up!

Us bread bakers don't respond to adversity by hoping somebody else will step in and make everything ok again.

We are Bakers.

You are a baker and you are independent, beautiful and in control of your destiny!
Winston Churchill would take inspiration from that speech, take a bow Son.

39Outstanding Service award for Ruth - Page 2 Empty Re: Outstanding Service award for Ruth Wed Mar 19 2014, 23:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Oi, man up!

We are Bakers.

Fair point  lol!

40Outstanding Service award for Ruth - Page 2 Empty Re: Outstanding Service award for Ruth Thu Mar 20 2014, 00:06

Good man.

Now go and bake a Rustic Boule.

With pride!

Martin,

Muchas gracias. Churchill hizo una tarta decente, pero el pan era una mierda.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum