Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Getting on with your neighbours

+9
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
boltonbonce
wanderlust
Culcheth_White
Copper Dragon
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Getting on with your neighbours Empty Getting on with your neighbours Thu Apr 03 2014, 21:43

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I live in a terraced house and my bedroom is back to back with that of a set of nutty 5-10 year olds.
They're absolutely unbelievable and I've been woken up a number of times now at 7-8 in the morning, sometimes with a shithouse of a hangover. I don't know how much more I can take.
I sort of wanna go round and talk to the parents about it, but I also don't wanna start a war. They've lived there a couple years and seem like nice people. They send us their leftover samosas and bhajis sometimes.

What would you do?

Do you get on with your neighbours or do you have similar troubles?

2Getting on with your neighbours Empty Re: Getting on with your neighbours Thu Apr 03 2014, 21:46

Tranquilliser gun.

3Getting on with your neighbours Empty Re: Getting on with your neighbours Thu Apr 03 2014, 21:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I live in a terraced house and my bedroom is back to back with that of a set of nutty 5-10 year olds.
They're absolutely unbelievable and I've been woken up a number of times now at 7-8 in the morning, sometimes with a shithouse of a hangover. I don't know how much more I can take.
I sort of wanna go round and talk to the parents about it, but I also don't wanna start a war. They've lived there a couple years and seem like nice people. They send us their leftover samosas and bhajis sometimes.

What would you do?

Get round there you ponce and tell them to shut the fook up.

None of my neighbours dare utter a sound after 9pm.

4Getting on with your neighbours Empty Re: Getting on with your neighbours Thu Apr 03 2014, 21:58

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:I live in a terraced house and my bedroom is back to back with that of a set of nutty 5-10 year olds.

What would you do?

Get round there you ponce and tell them to shut the fook up.

None of my neighbours dare utter a sound after 9pm.

I don't know how it works round Preston Docks treacle, but you need more diplomacy than that in Halliwell.

5Getting on with your neighbours Empty Re: Getting on with your neighbours Thu Apr 03 2014, 22:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

I don't know how it works round Preston Docks treacle, but you need more diplomacy than that in Halliwell.

Chances are your neighbours have no idea that their kids are annoying the pisshead next door.

Grow a pair and get round there.

6Getting on with your neighbours Empty Re: Getting on with your neighbours Thu Apr 03 2014, 22:05

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kids will be kids...

7Getting on with your neighbours Empty Re: Getting on with your neighbours Thu Apr 03 2014, 22:12

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Kids will be kids...

And arrogant obnoxious parents will be arrogant obnoxious parents.

I usually pop my head out of the window and shout.... PUT A LEAN ON THAT KID WILL YER!

I don't think that will work for Doffcocker if samosas are involved.

8Getting on with your neighbours Empty Re: Getting on with your neighbours Thu Apr 03 2014, 22:31

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We used to live next door to a couple in their late 60's who were both retired, we were in our mid 20's at the time. When we first moved in, they couldn't do enough for us, but after a while, it started to get on my nerves, as we couldn't go out in our back garden, without the pair of them coming out and wanting a chat and wanting to know all of our business. 

The problem we had, was that the fence was probably about 3 feet high, so we had no privacy whatsoever, we couldn't even have a Barbeque, without the pair of them coming straight out of their back door and seeing what we were cooking.

We even felt like they were watching us when we pulled up on the front drive as well, as they had their sofa positioned perfectly and they would perhaps put their milk bottles out or go in the garage as we were getting out of our cars.

One day I had, had enough and I told them I wanted a 6ft fence put all the way along the back garden, they said it was fine, but they never really spoke to me again and we ended up moving.

I also fell out with an old bloke who had a bungalow that backed on to the side of the same house, he took exception that me and the Mrs started knocking nails in the divided fence between our properties, all we wanted to do, was to have a climber plant growing and he wasn't happy. A few days later, I managed to dig out the deeds of the property and it quite clearly stated that you can maintain your side of the fence, so I took it round to his house and showed it to him, he just stared at me with his bloodshot eyes and I told him I was getting pissed off with the neighbours round here, he never spoke to me again as well.

The motto of this story, is that old people have too much time on their hands, so avoid moving next door to them!

9Getting on with your neighbours Empty Re: Getting on with your neighbours Thu Apr 03 2014, 22:48

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:
The motto of this story, is that old people have too much time on their hands, so avoid moving next door to them!

Or you're a cunt! (joking) Smile

10Getting on with your neighbours Empty Re: Getting on with your neighbours Fri Apr 04 2014, 07:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Should mods really be using that word? You should be setting an example.

Mods out.

11Getting on with your neighbours Empty Re: Getting on with your neighbours Fri Apr 04 2014, 11:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When we bought our house, we outbid a Glaswegian couple who had taken early retirement on a final salary pension of around £40k (bastards). They ended up buying a smaller version 50 yds away and having so much time on their hands, they made it their mission to try to make our lives a misery. What a pair of knobs they are - bigoted, slimy, and very snobbish. They regularly called the Council to complain about our staff parking outside our house where we have an office. They objected to us planting evergreen plants to block the view into our garden when our youngest kids were still at home growing up (it's a conservation village so we're only supposed to use "traditional" hedge plants like hawthorn and field maple) They threw themselves into the community, and the bloke eventually became chair of the village club committee - and then proceeded to ingratiate themselves with several of our friends and neighbours who told us they were slagging us off behind our backs. "Someone" poured bleach on plants in our garden. 
As things stand, we're still here and we put up with their nonsense in the knowledge we have a great house which has more than doubled in value, lots of friends who come round to party which pisses them off no end and a slightly uncomfortable stand off when we go to the same parties as they do. I usually don't bother with them, but whenever they get on my tits I take great pleasure in talking about our house - the house they almost had.
We're thinking of selling this year or next to downsize for our retirement so I'm going to enjoy putting it on the market at silly money and hope that somewhere out there is a Romany family that is loaded and looking for a country residence from which to base their tarmac business. Plenty of room for several caravans in the garden.

12Getting on with your neighbours Empty Re: Getting on with your neighbours Fri Apr 04 2014, 11:47

My sister bought her house in Duxbury St (you may know the area, Doff) about ten years ago because she was on her own and it was all she could afford (80k for a two up, two down - ridiculous but that's another thread.)

The problem is that these terraced houses are all being snapped up by wannabe property developers who watch too much Homes Under The Hammer and they do 'em up cheaply and stick any old DSS tenants in.

There's no sense of community and your neighbours change every couple of years.

She's got an alcoholic Granny on one side whose only volume setting is Excruciatingly Loud and some dodgy looking drug addict on the other.

Her life's pretty much a living hell after 6pm. All she wants to do is come home from work and relax but her neighbours only really get going when the sun goes down and it's driving her mental.

I feel your pain, Doff.

13Getting on with your neighbours Empty Re: Getting on with your neighbours Fri Apr 04 2014, 11:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:When we bought our house, we outbid a Glaswegian couple who had taken early retirement on a final salary pension of around £40k (bastards). They ended up buying a smaller version 50 yds away and having so much time on their hands, they made it their mission to try to make our lives a misery. What a pair of knobs they are - bigoted, slimy, and very snobbish. They regularly called the Council to complain about our staff parking outside our house where we have an office. They objected to us planting evergreen plants to block the view into our garden when our youngest kids were still at home growing up (it's a conservation village so we're only supposed to use "traditional" hedge plants like hawthorn and field maple) They threw themselves into the community, and the bloke eventually became chair of the village club committee - and then proceeded to ingratiate themselves with several of our friends and neighbours who told us they were slagging us off behind our backs. "Someone" poured bleach on plants in our garden. 
As things stand, we're still here and we put up with their nonsense in the knowledge we have a great house which has more than doubled in value, lots of friends who come round to party which pisses them off no end and a slightly uncomfortable stand off when we go to the same parties as they do. I usually don't bother with them, but whenever they get on my tits I take great pleasure in talking about our house - the house they almost had.
We're thinking of selling this year or next to downsize for our retirement so I'm going to enjoy putting it on the market at silly money and hope that somewhere out there is a Romany family that is loaded and looking for a country residence from which to base their tarmac business. Plenty of room for several caravans in the garden.

You sound like a right twat. I hate people who brag about finances.

I hope your roof caves in. On your head.

14Getting on with your neighbours Empty Re: Getting on with your neighbours Fri Apr 04 2014, 12:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:When we bought our house, we outbid a Glaswegian couple who had taken early retirement on a final salary pension of around £40k (bastards). They ended up buying a smaller version 50 yds away and having so much time on their hands, they made it their mission to try to make our lives a misery. What a pair of knobs they are - bigoted, slimy, and very snobbish. They regularly called the Council to complain about our staff parking outside our house where we have an office. They objected to us planting evergreen plants to block the view into our garden when our youngest kids were still at home growing up (it's a conservation village so we're only supposed to use "traditional" hedge plants like hawthorn and field maple) They threw themselves into the community, and the bloke eventually became chair of the village club committee - and then proceeded to ingratiate themselves with several of our friends and neighbours who told us they were slagging us off behind our backs. "Someone" poured bleach on plants in our garden. 

You sound like a right twat. I hate people who brag about finances.

I hope your roof caves in. On your head.
Lost me there especially on the bragging bit. Lots of people own their own houses and work from home. If I was richer I could perhaps afford a place in Whittam Towers and/or an office that wasn't in our house. But I'm not.

15Getting on with your neighbours Empty Re: Getting on with your neighbours Fri Apr 04 2014, 12:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Lost me there especially on the bragging bit. Lots of people own their own houses and work from home. If I was richer I could perhaps afford a place in Whittam Towers and/or an office that wasn't in our house. But I'm not.

There will be people on this site struggling to pay their mortgage or may not even be able to afford one - yet here you are bragging about getting "silly money" for your house. You sound like a cock and everyone knows it.

And for the record, I hate cocks who work from home and use their driveway and nearby roads as a commercial car park.

16Getting on with your neighbours Empty Re: Getting on with your neighbours Fri Apr 04 2014, 12:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You lot have it easy. I've got the Running Elk's bangin' away all night. We may have words.     Getting on with your neighbours Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZWAr6Gg9PAJv78K9rdwLVbsqcpNhJqoCfehekCFGAJcapsRKALsiZzw          

17Getting on with your neighbours Empty Re: Getting on with your neighbours Fri Apr 04 2014, 12:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

There will be people on this site struggling to pay their mortgage or may not even be able to afford one - yet here you are bragging about getting "silly money" for your house. You sound like a cock and everyone knows it.

And for the record, I hate cocks who work from home and use their driveway and nearby roads as a commercial car park.
You're funny.

And you've already told us you hate cocks.

18Getting on with your neighbours Empty Re: Getting on with your neighbours Fri Apr 04 2014, 12:58

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
There will be people on this site struggling to pay their mortgage or may not even be able to afford one -

What has that got to do with Wanderlust's personal circumstances? This thread is about getting on with your neighbours.

19Getting on with your neighbours Empty Re: Getting on with your neighbours Fri Apr 04 2014, 13:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
There will be people on this site struggling to pay their mortgage or may not even be able to afford one -  

What has that got to do with Wanderlust's personal circumstances? This thread is about getting on with your neighbours.
I don't think I mentioned whether or not I have a mortgage RT but let's be honest - Nat's got a bit of a chip on her shoulder so I guess she's prepared to grasp at any straw to have a dig. 
Am I bothered?
Naw.

20Getting on with your neighbours Empty Re: Getting on with your neighbours Fri Apr 04 2014, 13:24

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It must be that time of the month.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum