Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Allardyce's Best player - Last 16 - Hierro v Frandsen

+6
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
karlypants
scottjames30
boltonbonce
Sluffy
10 posters

Reply to topic

One vote only - who do you want to go through to the next round?

Allardyce's Best player - Last 16 - Hierro v Frandsen Vote_lcap36% Allardyce's Best player - Last 16 - Hierro v Frandsen Vote_rcap 36% [ 8 ]
 Allardyce's Best player - Last 16 - Hierro v Frandsen Vote_lcap64% Allardyce's Best player - Last 16 - Hierro v Frandsen Vote_rcap 64% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 22

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Another great match up for the next of our last 16 head to heads games with the wonderful skill of Fernando Hierro (ranked 5th, 10 votes) verses club hero Per Frandsen (ranked 11th=, 5 votes)

Possible making of an upset on form here with Hierro's short but brilliant stint at the club compared to Per's 300 plus games for us - but only you can decide that!

So who are you voting for?

I can't vote as I'm on my phone but definitely frandsen for me. Favorite player of all time

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Frandsen. Hierro was a joy to watch,but I can't go against the Dane.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hierro , absolute class.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This bloke for me...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Frandsen for me. Hierro was class but Frandsen was much better value (although I think it was only(!) 265 games for us not "300 plus games" Sluffy).

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought Hierro was pure quality but it has to be Frandsen for me simply because Hierro wasn't with us long enough. This head to head is probably one of the toughest to choose because both players were class acts.

xmiles wrote:Frandsen for me. Hierro was class but Frandsen was much better value (although I think it was only(!) 265 games for us not "300 plus games" Sluffy).

You think it was only 265 games? Or you looked on Wikipedia which lists 265 league matches for us. No idea how many matches he played for us, but with cup matches I'd guess over 300.

I voted for Hierro anyway.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

OneFinFreedman wrote:
xmiles wrote:Frandsen for me. Hierro was class but Frandsen was much better value (although I think it was only(!) 265 games for us not "300 plus games" Sluffy).

You think it was only 265 games? Or you looked on Wikipedia which lists 265 league matches for us. No idea how many matches he played for us, but with cup matches I'd guess over 300.

I voted for Hierro anyway.

My bad. Just had another look at the Wiki entry and in the text it does say that he made "304 first team games for the club in all competitions".  Embarassed 

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I went for ability and class. Hierro.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Frandsen for me, Hierro was world class but he only played a few games for us.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Per, but only due to length of service and consistency. Hierro was amazing and I wish we'd had his services for longer. Really tough to call this one.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I can hardly think of Hierro as a Bolton Player just a cameo performer, not even a full season, granted he was a class act, but Per was a proper Wanderer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum