Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Everything's rosey and we'll walk the league this season.

+6
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
JAH
Norpig
doffcocker
wanderlust
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

...by about thirty points and we'll score 200 goals.

...and we'll win the FA Cup and probably qualify for Europe.

And then we'll win that as well.

Everything's brilliant and this is going to be the best season ever on record for Bolton - FACT!

(Hope that's "positive enough" and offsets the multitude of perceived "negative threads created before a ball's even been kicked.")

Please don't disagree with anything I've written above, because there is no place for negativity on the thread.

And any opinions contrary to the one expressed by me on this thread will immediately be deemed "unduly negative and boring" and I will not have any of that malarkey on my thread.

Thank you.

Think this is all getting a bit pathetic now. Whenever Somebody doesn't show the popular view of negativity then they get branded a happy clapper, you're literally not allowed to say something positive if you can't be bothered with a barrage of 'happy clapper' crap.

But it's got to work both ways, surely.....?

A light-hearted thread was created (not by me) in order to introduce the idea that the season may be more entertaining and fun if Tyson Fury was manager - obviously tongue firmly in cheek and in no way serious, but it attracted criticism and was branded "dull and boring" along with the 29 other "negative" threads that had been created recently. (30 "negative" threads....really?)

It's all a bit of fun, for christ's sake.....

Fair enough, you're right it does work both ways, but it does seem there are a lot more negative people than objective (that's right I'm going for objective not happy clapper)

bwfc1874 wrote:Fair enough, you're right it does work both ways, but it does seem there are a lot more negative people than objective (that's right I'm going for objective not happy clapper)

I'd spin that the other way and say it's the ones questioning this new found sense of optimism that appears to have erupted who are the "objective" ones in all this.

Crossing your fingers and hoping for the best because you want your team to do well, isn't particularly "objective" in my view.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:But it's got to work both ways, surely.....?

A light-hearted thread was created (not by me) in order to introduce the idea that the season may be more entertaining and fun if Tyson Fury was manager - obviously tongue firmly in cheek and in no way serious, but it attracted criticism and was branded "dull and boring" along with the 29 other "negative" threads that had been created recently. (30 "negative" threads....really?)

It's all a bit of fun, for christ's sake.....
That's not correct Breadman. What  Scott wrote was:

"I bet you its as dull as last season's slop.

We need to be exciting again, more proof that Freedman doesn't give a shit about the Bolton fans."

The Tyson Fury bit was an add on to what was yet another whinge about Freedman and there was nothing light hearted about it.

I'm not a "happy clapper" as you and the pretend woman with a tiny penis like to call it - I'm undecided and looking forward to seeing what happens, but this Board is drowning in depressing negative threads about the manager, the signings, the lack of signings, the financial position, the chairman, the previous manager, the one before that, how we compare against the '58 team - you name it and some fucker will start a negative thread about it.

So congratulations my friend. 

You appear to have started the first and possibly only positively titled thread in recent months.

Nuts is really becoming a depressing place - possibly because it's so much easier to find fault with everything.

Breadman wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Fair enough, you're right it does work both ways, but it does seem there are a lot more negative people than objective (that's right I'm going for objective not happy clapper)

I'd spin that the other way and say it's the ones questioning this new found sense of optimism that appears to have erupted who are the "objective" ones in all this.

Crossing your fingers and hoping for the best because you want your team to do well, isn't particularly "objective" in my view.

You can keep saying crossing your fingers is the only reason I feel the way I do, but that's bollocks. I've explained my reasoning to you and I'm yet to read a reason why it's unreasonable.

Do you really think it's a borderline delusional level of optimism to say there are at least 6 teams better than us and we'll finish around 7th - 12th?

Lusty, I've never referred to you as a "happy clapper", mate.

Ever.

Because you're patently not.

I fully understand your points and agree with many of them.

However, I genuinely don't think Scott was having a real pop at Freedman, but you'd have to ask him.

Time will tell on this season, and I haven't got a problem with "hopeful expectation", so long as it's grounded in reality.

Equally, I'd never call someone stupid for posting their opinion on an internet forum.

Opinions are like arseholes, etc.....

I never meant any offence and apologise if you thought I was singling you out for criticism - that was honestly not my intention.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't think finishing top 6 under Freedman is beyond the realms of possibility, and I don't mind us playing ugly to get there.

The reason I'm not happy clapping is I just don't think it will happen. As usual, we'll make life as difficult for ourselves as possible and just won't be good enough over 46 matches.

I wouldn't mind another season or two like the last if it felt like Freedman was doing a good job of rebuilding the club, but I'd need more solid evidence of that.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i certainly don't wan't another season like last season! Very few home wins, backs to the wall defending as soon as we score and very little imagination and creativity. Apart from that it was fantastic.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think last season was a walk in the park compared to how depressing things could get, especially if things are as grim on the financial front as they look. 

There are bigger clubs than us that have had similar seasons to that one, only in League One. 

If you offered Bolton fans promotion to the Prem in three years from now, most wouldn't take it, but they might live to regret it.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Last season was tricky as we still had a bunch of overpaid ponces hanging around and there were some bad attitudes around the squad. They were supposedly good players but they did get us relegated. We still have a few but there has been progress. The manager is still hamstrung financially so he hasn't been able to get his first choice replacements but at least he's brought in players with what he thinks is the right attitude and youngsters that he thinks will be handy in the future.

We may not have invested like the competition but if Dougie finally has players who have a good attitude and understand how he wants them to play we could go a long way on that alone. Sometimes a good team ethic can more than compensate for a big price tag and reputation.

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

WL your final point is a really good one, but I think there is one very important thing that your omitting. Dougie Freedman is not a good football manager. He's not a good tactician. He's not a good man manager. You can have players with good attitudes and a good team ethos (think that's the right word), but if the man directing the players is not up to the job the team will fail every time. DF lost me completely after Reading. In any other club he would've been fired. I think that's why there is quite a lot on here that are vocal for him to be removed. He's been in the job for a season and a half, coming here with little or no pedigree and certainly no experience of getting a team promoted out of this division and people have come to realise that he's just not very good. I'll give him 5 games this season, but I have a fairly good idea that we'll be lower mid table by then and that's not good enough for a team desperate for promotion to stave off going bust.

Someone asked me who I'd replace DF with. My answer is Tony Popovic. He was the brains behind the Palace team that got Dougie the job with us. I'd pay TP all the money we can muster to get him back from OZ.

On the whole I'd say that's pretty fair Jah, don't agree with most of it but it's your opinion.

Couple of things though, I don't think promotion is a realistic ambition for us at the moment, it's not beyond the realms of possibility but i'd take a season of improved performances and youth with some more cost cutting to steady the ship a bit.

Also where's the evidence that Popovic was the brains behind Palace? I think it stands to reason that him and Dougie are similar in their approach and style would you not be worried that bringing him in would be Dougie MK2?

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Does anybody know where humour transplants can be had on the cheap?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Does anybody know where humour transplants can be had on the cheap?

I'm convinced that some people must have had their personalities surgically removed shortly after birth.

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:Does anybody know where humour transplants can be had on the cheap?

I'm convinced that some people must have had their personalities surgically removed shortly after birth.

I'm assuming SK's dig is at me (it normally is). Maybe I'm just being naive, but I can't see what I've done wrong here? Was this all a big joke I've completely missed?

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

You're not going to find that in abundance here, sadly.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Actually no. I don't think SK is referring to you at all. I may have misconstrued his last post and read it wrong but I think he was generalising about this thread rather than individual posters.

I could be wrong so hopefully SK will explain his comment?

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:

I'm assuming SK's dig is at me (it normally is). Maybe I'm just being naive, but I can't see what I've done wrong here? Was this all a big joke I've completely missed?
Don't flatter yourself, but if the cap fits!?!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum