Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Am I a Misogynist?

+11
doffcocker
Soul Kitchen
Boggersbelief
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
okocha
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

31Am I a Misogynist? - Page 3 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 13:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Would any of you want a bird managing the Wanderers?

Yes or No?

Thought not.......
We already have one big girl in charge who is frightened of attacking...

32Am I a Misogynist? - Page 3 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 13:05

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I suspect that all the misogynistic comments on the thread come from men who are single (or very soon will be!) and who scratch their sad heads as to why....even those who are "joking"

33Am I a Misogynist? - Page 3 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 13:06

Yes or No?

Thought not.......

What's that got to do with anything thought?

The thread is about Sluffy thinking womens sport is a waste of time, not women being compared to men.

34Am I a Misogynist? - Page 3 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 13:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Women can cut it at the highest levels. Check out the athleticism on this.

35Am I a Misogynist? - Page 3 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 13:10

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Anyway, Breaders et al, you haven't answered my question as to whether you'd be happy to take your  young children to men's football for an edifying experience that will set a good example......

36Am I a Misogynist? - Page 3 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 13:22

okocha wrote:I suspect that all the misogynistic comments on the thread come from men who are single (or very soon will be!) and who scratch their sad heads as to why....even those who are "joking"

Ha!

I've been married six times (all to different birds and only two acquired via mail-order), so that blows your point out of the water!

::dance::

37Am I a Misogynist? - Page 3 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 13:39

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Yes or No?

Thought not.......
I would if she was capable of doing the job we need. I think you're well off the mark here mate. In fact I suspect the day is coming when the women's game becomes just as good if not better than the men's. At the moment the disaprity in resources put into the game for men compared to women means that the ladies are not getting the kind of support and coaching that men have had for more than a century but it's changing and rightly so. 

Is women's football as good as men's? No, not right now but it's getting there and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a competition where women play against men directly in my lifteime. There's already been one Football League club who hired a woman as manager (Birmingham City) and they won't be the last by any means. 

The fact is that whenever there is change there is reaction against it but while many women's sports are not yet at the level of their male counterparts the gap is closing and they're here to stay.

38Am I a Misogynist? - Page 3 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 13:45

Maybe just my memory, but when did Birmingham City have a female manager? 

I wouldn't take Breadman too seriously on this thread though, I think he's trying to be Boggers and just aiming for controversy.

39Am I a Misogynist? - Page 3 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 13:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I think Peter is getting mixed up with Karen Brady's job as the Managing Director and that of the manager.

She did end up sleeping with one of the players though!

40Am I a Misogynist? - Page 3 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 14:06

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:I think Peter is getting mixed up with Karen Brady's job as the Managing Director and that of the manager.

She did end up sleeping with one of the players though!
Actually mate I'm not. Karren Brady WAS the manager for about ten games. The player you're thinking of is her husband Paul Peschisolido who she personally sold to Fulham. When the owners then sold out to Gold and Sullivan they gave her the job of CEO and later MD but she was the actual first team manager.

41Am I a Misogynist? - Page 3 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 14:10

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

She's never been manager pete

42Am I a Misogynist? - Page 3 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 14:12

Ye you're badly, mistaken here LPP.

43Am I a Misogynist? - Page 3 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 14:19

Pete's right.

Here's a Birmingham team photo from the time with Brady The Bike in the middle:

Am I a Misogynist? - Page 3 Mgr20092

44Am I a Misogynist? - Page 3 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 14:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes or No?

Thought not.......
Lee - bloke
Megson - bloke
Coyle - bloke
Freedman - bloke

Why the hell would anyone not want a female manager?

Unless they are misogynists of course.

45Am I a Misogynist? - Page 3 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 14:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Breadman wrote:Pete's right.

Here's a Birmingham team photo from the time with Brady The Bike in the middle:

Am I a Misogynist? - Page 3 Mgr20092

Brady as never managed Birmingham or any other football club.

There as never been a woman manager in the Football League.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27306106

46Am I a Misogynist? - Page 3 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 14:42

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sorry sluffy but in this case the Beeb is WRONG.

47Am I a Misogynist? - Page 3 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 14:49

Nah it's you who's wrong LPP!

48Am I a Misogynist? - Page 3 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 14:51

I've just posted a photo of it.

Are you all blind.....?

49Am I a Misogynist? - Page 3 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 15:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Sorry sluffy but in this case the Beeb is WRONG.

I think you've got mixed up somewhere mate, there's never been a woman manager of a league club in England ever.

This is from the official Birmingham City's club's own site during the Brady period -

The arrival of David Sullivan and the Gold brothers in March 1993 led to a period of financial stability and, under the managerial reigns of Terry Cooper, and a much needed cash injection on the playing side, the club survived almost certain relegation. Paul Moulden, a signing from Oldham Athletic, scored a last gasp winner on the last day of the season against Charlton Athletic to ensure that Blues would be playing First Division football the next season.

The 1993-94 season saw the Blues struggle in Division One, a managerial change with Barry Fry replacing Terry Cooper, and more cash could not stave off the beckoning Division Two.
Bulldozers moved in on the Spion Kop and Tilton Road ends after the Blues game against Bristol City on Saturday 16th April. A new £10 million development replaced the famous old terracing.

But in May 1994 Blues were relegated after a spirited fight. The 1994-95 season was a success for the Blues even though plying their trade in Division Two. Two exciting cup encounters against Blackburn Rovers and Liverpool proved the teams championship credentials, with Birmingham losing 3-1 over two legs in the Coca-Cola Cup to Blackburn (who went on to win the Premiership) and, after a replay against Liverpool in the F.A. Cup the Blues lost on penalties.

In December of that year Blues smashed their record transfer fee paid by splashing out £800,000 for Southend's Ricky Otto and then a month later the club equalled this by playing Stockport the same amount for Kevin Francis. These two signings boosted the clubs championship push and on Saturday May 6 the club were crowned Second Division Champions after beating Huddersfield 2-1 with goals from Steve Claridge and Paul Tait.

The Auto Windscreen Shield Competition drew record crowds, with attendances of over 20,000 for the latter rounds of the competition. Blues went on to win the trophy in a Wembley final that attracted a sell-out 76,663 crowd.

After ex-St. Andrew's favourite Trevor Francis took over as manager after Barry Fry had been ousted, the Blues at last looked as though they were set up for a return to the big time.

In June 1996 Blues sold Jose Dominguez to Sporting Lisbon for a club record transfer fee received of £1.5 million, beating the previous record of £1 million for Francis.

http://www.bcfc.com/news/article/bcfc-club-history-453059.aspx#9wZ9k16KA4Lt99BI.99

50Am I a Misogynist? - Page 3 Empty Re: Am I a Misogynist? Tue Aug 19 2014, 16:43

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I dunno what's going on here sluffy but I remember the fuss that Des Lynam and Alan Hansen made about this. I dunno if she was listed as a caretaker or acting manager BUT Karen Brady spent at least ten matches taking training, picking the team, deciding the tactics and sat in the dugout at matches. I just checked with a mate of mine and he has a match programme from the time where under manager it says K. Brady and there's a column inside by her that talks about the game ahead. There were the entirely predictable comments about her being in the changing rooms etc and several Brum players were interviewed (ie rolled out in front of cameras) to say it didn't bother them as they were all professionals. I remember the bad blood with Barry Fry of course but Trevor Francis did NOT walk straight into the job. In fact I think it may have been as much as three months before he was officially announced as manager.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum