Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Owen Coyle

+5
BWFCinPhila
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
Keegan
Sluffy
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Owen Coyle Empty Owen Coyle Mon Jan 09 2012, 19:55

Hello Bolton fans.

First time poster, read plenty on other forums but thought I'd make the effort to sign up here seeing as you're new.

I don't know exactly how people feel about Owen Coyle on here but it disgusts me some of the stuff being posted elsewhere. Owen Coyle is the best manager we have ever had and probably ever will.

Results haven't been great but the football is 100% better than the Megson/Allardyce years, surely it's all about trying to play football the right way? Coyle is clearly trying to rid the club of the deadwood, I suspect if we stay up the team for the 2012/13 season will be very different from the team that lines up against Man Utd.

I'm sick of people putting Coyle down, I bet they wouldn't do it to his face.

2Owen Coyle Empty Re: Owen Coyle Mon Jan 09 2012, 20:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hello and welcome Owen.

I think you will fit in here perfectly!

3Owen Coyle Empty Re: Owen Coyle Mon Jan 09 2012, 20:30

Thanks sluffy.

4Owen Coyle Empty Re: Owen Coyle Mon Jan 09 2012, 20:32

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Wild guess here, but I take it you like our Owen, then?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

5Owen Coyle Empty Re: Owen Coyle Mon Jan 09 2012, 20:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Owen Owen Owen wrote:Hello Bolton fans.

First time poster, read plenty on other forums but thought I'd make the effort to sign up here seeing as you're new.

I don't know exactly how people feel about Owen Coyle on here but it disgusts me some of the stuff being posted elsewhere. Owen Coyle is the best manager we have ever had and probably ever will.

Results haven't been great but the football is 100% better than the Megson/Allardyce years, surely it's all about trying to play football the right way? Coyle is clearly trying to rid the club of the deadwood, I suspect if we stay up the team for the 2012/13 season will be very different from the team that lines up against Man Utd.

I'm sick of people putting Coyle down, I bet they wouldn't do it to his face.

You poor deluded creature. Coyle has been a disaster.

6Owen Coyle Empty Re: Owen Coyle Mon Jan 09 2012, 20:48

Natasha Whittam wrote:

You poor deluded creature. Coyle has been a disaster.

Ah Natasha, I've been reading your posts for months now and it's clear you have it in for Coyle. Even when we've won you've had nothing but nasty things to say about him.

Coyle is the future, you should be ashamed.

7Owen Coyle Empty Re: Owen Coyle Mon Jan 09 2012, 21:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't have it in for Coyle, it's just that I've known from day one he would ruin this club.

8Owen Coyle Empty Re: Owen Coyle Mon Jan 09 2012, 21:11

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I don't think I've seen you say "Coyle out!" since the forum started, Natasha...

Getting soft on him?

9Owen Coyle Empty Re: Owen Coyle Mon Jan 09 2012, 21:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think I'm going to come up with a new catchphrase for this site.

10Owen Coyle Empty Re: Owen Coyle Mon Jan 09 2012, 21:29

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

You'll keep "overpaid ponces" though? Shocked

11Owen Coyle Empty Re: Owen Coyle Mon Jan 09 2012, 23:48

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I'll keep an open mind but this looks suspiciously like a windup. Do you really believe "the football is 100% better than the Megson/Allardyce years" this season? Is it really "all about trying to play football the right way" even if we lose the majority of our games?

Personally I prefer the success and footballing talent that Allardyce brought to the club.

12Owen Coyle Empty Re: Owen Coyle Tue Jan 10 2012, 03:45

BWFCinPhila

BWFCinPhila
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

This squad's got bigger fish to fry than what's going on at coach. The injuries have been absolutely killer and unlucky, and there seems to be a real lack of available talent to step in.

I don't blame Coyle entirely for where we're at now, but if he can't get some business done here during the transfer window, he'll have full responsibility for the bed he's sleeping in come May 13.

13Owen Coyle Empty Re: Owen Coyle Tue Jan 10 2012, 09:29

xmiles wrote:I'll keep an open mind but this looks suspiciously like a windup. Do you really believe "the football is 100% better than the Megson/Allardyce years" this season? Is it really "all about trying to play football the right way" even if we lose the majority of our games?

Personally I prefer the success and footballing talent that Allardyce brought to the club.

That's right, I support the manager 100% so I must be taking the piss?

Yes, the football is 100% better under Coyle. How many goals did we score like the ones at Everton under Allardyce or Megson - i.e. with short passes in and around the box?

Results have been poor since April last year, but once we get Holden & CYL back and a couple of signings in the transfer window we will end up mid table at least.

14Owen Coyle Empty Re: Owen Coyle Tue Jan 10 2012, 09:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Owen Owen Owen wrote:That's right, I support the manager 100% so I must be taking the piss?

Yes, the football is 100% better under Coyle. How many goals did we score like the ones at Everton under Allardyce or Megson - i.e. with short passes in and around the box?

Results have been poor since April last year, but once we get Holden & CYL back and a couple of signings in the transfer window we will end up mid table at least.

Have you thought about therapy? Football is a results business. I'd rather hump the ball 80 yards every time and win some matches than play "passing" football that gets us relegated.

15Owen Coyle Empty Re: Owen Coyle Tue Jan 10 2012, 10:09

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

To be honest I wouldn't say the football is 100% better at all, that everton goal was a rare one in my opinion this season.

I have lost count this season at the reebok I have seen Jussi just pump the ball up to N'gog or Davies and both get out muscled by the defender.

We would probably play a lot better if we had a midfield that could actually keep the ball on the floor and not panic like headless chickens.

16Owen Coyle Empty Re: Owen Coyle Thu Jan 12 2012, 16:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I think I'm going to come up with a new catchphrase for this site.

Cap out?

17Owen Coyle Empty Re: Owen Coyle Thu Jan 12 2012, 16:19

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The only difference between the football now and the football under Megson is the ability to criticise it without being called "pathetic".

I don't know where people are looking when they say we're playing pretty, passing football. In fairness to Coyle he doesn't have the players with which to play ugly football effectively where Megson did.
Megson could demand that the ball be hoofed up to Davies and there was always a chance it would create something as at that time, Kevin was still useful at that, where now he simply isn't.

18Owen Coyle Empty Re: Owen Coyle Thu Jan 12 2012, 17:00

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Owen Owen Owen wrote:

It will take more than one goal to convince me that the football is 100% better. Even if it were true, pretty football that gets us relegated is not helpful.

I also think you are far to optimistic about how soon we will have Holden and Lee back and what Coyle is likely to produce in the January window. I hope we stay up but it is probably too late unless three other clubs implode, which thankfully is not impossible with Blackburn, Wigan, Wolves and QPR all in trouble.

19Owen Coyle Empty Re: Owen Coyle Thu Jan 12 2012, 19:07

xmiles wrote:It will take more than one goal to convince me that the football is 100% better. Even if it were true, pretty football that gets us relegated is not helpful.

I also think you are far to optimistic about how soon we will have Holden and Lee back and what Coyle is likely to produce in the January window. I hope we stay up but it is probably too late unless three other clubs implode, which thankfully is not impossible with Blackburn, Wigan, Wolves and QPR all in trouble.

You are way too negative, why do you bother supporting BWFC?

Get behind the team, keep your negativity to yourself and trust in Coyle.

20Owen Coyle Empty Re: Owen Coyle Thu Jan 12 2012, 19:34

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Even the most optimistic fan would not argue that Coyle has had a good season so far. You can't dispute the facts. Our record since the Wembley fiasco is relegation form.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum