Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NS trains

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1NS trains Empty NS trains Mon Apr 23 2012, 07:24

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17807697

So you have all seen the report of about the train crash just outside Amsterdam Centraal. But what has not been reported on the British news is that 1 person has died, whilst another 16 are seriously injured.

I have done this post because there is a link with a British rail franchise.... Nederlands Spoorwegen operate Northern Rail. How safe are our trains - considering the trains involved in the crash are made of light steel and not aluminium, like many of our trains are?

2NS trains Empty Re: NS trains Mon Apr 23 2012, 15:59

You sad, sad man. Who gives a shit about trains?

3NS trains Empty Re: NS trains Mon Apr 23 2012, 16:53

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

We can all say the same about Blackburn !

4NS trains Empty Re: NS trains Mon Apr 23 2012, 16:55

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm more concerned about the criminal prices you have to pay to get on a train.

5NS trains Empty Re: NS trains Tue Apr 24 2012, 08:53

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'm more concerned about the criminal prices you have to pay to get on a train.

Only in the UK...... Second most expensive train network in the world with probably the worst network in the 1st world. The most expensive being Japan - but their network is just amazing!!!

I have a travel card which I pay €200/month (for 10 months and get 2 months travelling free) which covers the zone I live in (buses), the the train between Almere and Amsterdam Centraal and then the Amsterdam Central Zone (trams, Metro and buses). Plus I get 40% of other rail fares, after 9am weekdays and all day weekends, and that is applicable up to 5 other people I travel with (on the same card) and upto 35% off international rail travel (which also includes the Eurostar)

6NS trains Empty Re: NS trains Tue Apr 24 2012, 13:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

71 - it's not been covered here to my knowledge. I think you need to have a serious death toll to make the news if it's not a brit thing. You'd think the link to Northern Rail would do it, but having de-nationalised the railways the last thing the Govt would want is to question the quality of the franchisees - anyway their own piss poor performance makes it unnecessary.

7NS trains Empty Re: NS trains Tue Apr 24 2012, 13:21

bwfc71 wrote:
Only in the UK...... Second most expensive train network in the world with probably the worst network in the 1st world. The most expensive being Japan - but their network is just amazing!!!

I have a travel card which I pay €200/month (for 10 months and get 2 months travelling free) which covers the zone I live in (buses), the the train between Almere and Amsterdam Centraal and then the Amsterdam Central Zone (trams, Metro and buses). Plus I get 40% of other rail fares, after 9am weekdays and all day weekends, and that is applicable up to 5 other people I travel with (on the same card) and upto 35% off international rail travel (which also includes the Eurostar)

You must have a massive penis because that woman of yours isn't dating you for your conversation skills.

8NS trains Empty Re: NS trains Tue Apr 24 2012, 13:49

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I have to agree with Eamon Holmes, that was a boring post Chris.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum