Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hillary Devey to take over Whites?

+13
Reebok Trotter
mgsg24
boltonbonce
gloswhite
scottjames30
White84
Barryjw
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
MartinBWFC
Hipster_Nebula
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 3 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Sun Oct 05 2014, 23:35

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I've told you where I sit ESU GG95.Come say hello.

Breadman it's ok to have had a gastric band fitted.

Your fat your heart is not in the best condition,you need to lose the weight,good on you don't be ashamed.

42Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 3 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Sun Oct 05 2014, 23:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

White84, where has all this gastric band fat thing come from about Breadman that you keep banging on about?

43Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 3 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Sun Oct 05 2014, 23:42

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Nats mole

44Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 3 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Sun Oct 05 2014, 23:46

White84 wrote:I've told you where I sit ESU GG95.Come say hello.

Breadman it's ok to have had a gastric band fitted.

Your fat your heart is not in the best condition,you need to lose the weight,good on you don't be ashamed.

To paraphrase Winston Churchill (when talking to Nancy Astor) -

I can always go on a diet, miss, you will always remain borderline illiterate and a bit of a nasty prick with issues.

45Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 3 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Mon Oct 06 2014, 00:02

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

You are one.
The only one with issues is you.Every time I comment on a thread,start a topic,you are the first to make a sarcastic comment.
You obviously have a problem with me.If you were Man enough you could always say it to my face.
I'm not talking violence before KP jumps in with a ban.
You don't know me yet continue to take the piss.You don't know what Car I drive,where I live or how many friends I have.You base your assumptions on my grammar.
You live in Walkden so your hardly a millionaire.

It's not Roe Green or Worsley green,near the Bridgewater canal.

So for your so called elitist attitude you portray on the Nuts Board,I'm guessing your not all that.For whatever education you may or not may have,your all hot air. Very Happy

46Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 3 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Mon Oct 06 2014, 00:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

bwfc71 wrote:Even a loss making business...etc,etc.

I think some of that was what I said - the bit where the interest is not taken out of the club and reinvested in it instead.

Anyway my point is that IF the debt can't be repaid - who is going to pay anything like £160 odd million to buy the club even before spending a penny to improve it! - then it doesn't matter how smart you are at moving money about - the bottom line is that you've probably lost a large chunk of it.

If Davies had put the money in the bank then after 10 years he would have his original capital of say £100 million plus some interest.

It's looking that the way he has used his £100 million at the club is that his £100 million is still in it, plus say another £50 million of interest payments that he has not taken out, plus 2 years where he waived interest payments.

Maybe he's taken out say 3 years interest at say £10 million per year and has £165 million in the club.

Nearly £200 million on paper which is fantastic but in reality no one will ever pay anything like the £165 million - so he needs to get around £80 million just to break even (£30m + £80m = £110m which equates to sticking £100m in a bank for 10 years and getting £10m interest on it).

Nobody's ever going to pay even £80m for the club - therefore Davies is going to lose millions from his initial investment.

QED

47Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 3 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Mon Oct 06 2014, 00:14

Shall we have a good, old-fashioned "settler".....?

Name a time and place and I'll pitch up.

You can come in your "Car" if you like, "Man".......

You can bring your many friends if you like. (If they can get time off from tarmacking driveways and selling lucky heather, that is.)

Why do you think I live in Walkden, out of interest?

Was that you in the bushes the other night?

You stalking me?

Not that I'm not flattered, I just don't do that kind of thing anymore - tried it once, didn't like it.

What we using, pistols or swords?

Your call.........(Actually, technically, it's my call because you issued the challenge first last week, so really, in the spirit of duelling, I get to pick. I propose spoons at dawn.)

Just PM me and let me know.

48Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 3 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Mon Oct 06 2014, 01:40

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:Even a loss making business...etc,etc.

I think some of that was what I said - the bit where the interest is not taken out of the club and reinvested in it instead.

Anyway my point is that IF the debt can't be repaid - who is going to pay anything like £160 odd million to buy the club even before spending a penny to improve it! - then it doesn't matter how smart you are at moving money about - the bottom line is that you've probably lost a large chunk of it.

If Davies had put the money in the bank then after 10 years he would have his original capital of say £100 million plus some interest.

It's looking that the way he has used his £100 million at the club is that his £100 million is still in it, plus say another £50 million of interest payments that he has not taken out, plus 2 years where he waived interest payments.

Maybe he's taken out say 3 years interest at say £10 million per year and has £165 million in the club.

Nearly £200 million on paper which is fantastic but in reality no one will ever pay anything like the £165 million - so he needs to get around £80 million just to break even (£30m + £80m = £110m which equates to sticking £100m in a bank for 10 years and getting £10m interest on it).

Nobody's ever going to pay even £80m for the club - therefore Davies is going to lose millions from his initial investment.

QED

But a business is never an investment - unless we are talking about Public Limited Companies who seek out businesses to create a larger turnover so they can give higher dividends to shareholders.

As for Bolton, Eddie, I assume, has never see it as an investment but as a going concern to which he has lent money to.  Even if the company goes bust tomorrow there is more than enough in the security/assets to cover the initial loan and interest - due to the fact that any Credit Director will have worked out depreciation upon sale under administration, otherwise it could mean the collapse of the finance company that has created the facility(ies) - hence Moonshift does the facilities under instruction from Eddie.  They wouldn't have done the facilities if they were not certain they could not reclaim the facility, if required.

There are strict credit guidelines, which have been in place sine the 2008 crash, that have to be followed before any lending and all scenarios have to be looked at for the "worst case" moments, and can only lend to a certain percentage of the security/assets involved.  These guidelines were introduced by the FSA and have, more recently, been tightened further by the FCA.

Anyone buying the company would not be buying the loans, but the company and any such purchase would never equate to the loan as that is a ongoing concern of the business (a necessity evil as one could put it, just as much as wages, utility bills, corporate tax)  The purchase of the club would be the value (excluding the loan).  But like I said previously, to make it more attractive they can be creative legal accountancy to make it seem more attractive to buy - in case of Bolton Wanderers I would suggest, like earlier, the loan it would carry would be about 60% of the current loans as it is the football club that creates the biggest loss and a such needs the larger input from the loans - whereas the rest will be transferred to the other business - this then creates a split facility which is still administered as one whole facility!

It is messy to describe and messy to look at, but long and short is - buying the club would be the current value excluding the loan facility.  Terms of purchase could involve the loans facility but is not detrimental to the price!  And the current value, I have read somewhere and could be accurate considering our present position is £25million (for club only and not the whole of Burnden Leisure) - if whole of Burnden Lesiure then an approximate valuation would be between £150million and £160million especially as the "free school" is up and running and making a profit, White hotel has an occupancy of about 80-85%/week, Sports Village (which includes the Bolton Arena nowadays) makes a profit, and many of the other parts of Burnden Leisure make a moderate profit or break even with only the football club bringing the valuation down due to losses it does currently make. again these figures would be based on the "worst case" scenario!

49Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 3 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Mon Oct 06 2014, 16:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Thanks Chris, I appreciate your efforts in explaining all that but I still think you're missing the simple points I was trying to make namely and calling it what you will (going concern / investment / whatever) Davies will have ploughed more money into the club than he will take out of it.

Yes there are assets - a stadium, a training ground (but only someone who would want to run a football club would want these - you can't really use them for anything else), a free school (but I can't work out how people expect to make a profit from them - indeed aren't they non profit institutions?) - and a hotel in Horwich - hardly the place that most people would want to spend any more time at than thry had to I would think.

So the book value of the assets are one thing but I doubt very much that the actual sale value (if they had to be sold tomorrow) would be anything approaching that.

Fair play to Davies for taking on the club and if he has made a profit on it so far then he deserves it but I still can believe he's invested personally anything like the amount he as susposed to have done and similarly can't believe he's made his investment back on the venture.

I guess we'll never know one way or the other but simple common sense tells me that if there was a way of making money from the 'Bolton model' then every similar size club in the country would be running up huge debts too - and they aren't.

For us then to have a debt on a parr with clubs like Man United and Real Madrid suggests to me that something, somewhere as not gone according to Davies master plan.

50Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 3 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Mon Oct 06 2014, 17:04

But he hasnt put it all into just the club. He has put most of it id say into all the other interests that come under the burnden leisure umbrella. So if burnden leisure was to go on but someone wanted to buy just the club and not burnden leisure it be would be a lot less than the 160mill as the club os the only thing able to pay him out yet.

51Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 3 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Mon Oct 06 2014, 17:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

y2johnny wrote:But he hasnt put it all into just the club. He has put most of it id say into all the other interests that come under the burnden leisure umbrella. So if burnden leisure was to go on but someone wanted to buy just the club and not burnden leisure it be would be a lot less than the 160mill as the club os the only thing able to pay him out yet.

I disagree mate.

The link below is for the 2012 accounts, which basically says as I read it that most of the debt is from the club.

I can't see anywhere where any significant investment is made anywhere other than the club.

As far as I'm aware all previous and subsequent accounts also show similar.

Unless someone can come up with something different my belief is that the investment Davies as put into Burnden Leisure over the years as been used mainly to keep the club going.

It's as simple as that really.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

52Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 3 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Mon Oct 06 2014, 17:55

So how is he building his xmen institute. How did he buy the hotel. The other land and properties and ongoing interests. Something doesn't add up to me.

53Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 3 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Mon Oct 06 2014, 17:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The club is worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it and what a vendor is willing to sell it for, so the debts are just another criteria in the "can we make a deal?" conundrum. Either party could posture about it but that doesn't get deals done.

We just don't know enough detail to take a view other than to say it would be nice if there was some money to invest in the club.

54Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 3 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Mon Oct 06 2014, 21:53

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:The club is worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it and what a vendor is willing to sell it for, so the debts are just another criteria in the "can we make a deal?" conundrum. Either party could posture about it but that doesn't get deals done.

We just don't know enough detail to take a view other than to say it would be nice if there was some money to invest in the club.

:like:   :good:
:mixpoints:

55Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 3 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Tue Oct 07 2014, 10:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dragon's Den star Hilary Devey rumoured to be interested in buying Bolton Wanderers

Millionaire Hilary Devey is staying tight-lipped over online rumours she is lining up a bid to buy Bolton Wanderers.

Speculation was rife among Wanderers fans on Twitter and on supporters’ websites that the Bolton-born former Dragons’ Den star was looking to buy the Macron Stadium club.

This was after the club slumped to the bottom of the Championship following a 2-1 home defeat to 10-man Bournemouth on Saturday, the day after manager Dougie Freedman left by mutual consent.

A spokesman for 57-year-old Ms Devey’s London office said yesterday: “I can neither confirm nor deny that she is interested in buying the club.

“We are aware of the speculation and she will probably make an announcement on Twitter, but it will not be this week.

"She is involved in a very intensive period of filming for TV at the moment and cannot comment any further.”

The entrepreneur, worth an estimated £50 million, is best known for her two-year stint on BBC2 programme Dragons’ Den until she left to present the five-part Channel 4 series The Intern.

She grew in Bolton, witnessing the bankruptcy of her father, who had owned a central heating company, when bailiffs removed furniture and household goods from the family home.

Ms Devey left Bolton School aged 16 and served in the Royal Air Force, before moving to London and making her fortune launching Pall-Ex, a palletised freight network.

She featured in Secret Millionaire in 2008, donating more than £70,000 to the Back Door Music Project and Syke Community Centre in Rochdale and, in 2010, was the presenter of The Business Inspector for Channel 5.

She joined Dragons’ Den in 2011 following the departure of James Caan, popularising her expression “you would make my foot itch” which indicates dissatisfaction or lack of interest in a venture.

56Hillary Devey to take over Whites? - Page 3 Empty Re: Hillary Devey to take over Whites? Sun Jun 12 2022, 20:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Dragons' Den star Hilary Devey dies aged 65

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

RIP

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum: