Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why do I hate Russell Brand?

+9
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
scottjames30
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
karlypants
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Why do I hate Russell Brand? Empty Why do I hate Russell Brand? Sat Oct 25 2014, 11:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't help it.
I hate the man,but I can't really explain it.
He's certainly not funny,although his appearances on Panorama could be deemed laughable.
Every time I see him I want to punch his face in.
Why is he constantly on my TV? What does he actually do? Why does he wear that ridiculous beard? Why should anyone care what he thinks? Although well done for winning Eurovision.
The only difference between Brand and a clock face is the letter 'L'.
Do any of you find him funny? If so,explain please.

2Why do I hate Russell Brand? Empty Re: Why do I hate Russell Brand? Sat Oct 25 2014, 11:37

He's obviously not stupid because he uses long words like "xylophone" and "somnambulist" but it all comes across as being too contrived for me.

"Oh, I'm a sex addict! Pity me......"

"Oh, I was addicted to heroin and I could relapse at any moment! Pity me....."

"Oh, I've got shit hair! Pity me......"

And anybody who releases their memoirs and calls it "My Booky Wook" wants a good shoeing.

But don't just take my word for it, here's a random review of said tome:

"The scribblings of an indulged child. The void from one end of the universe to the other is a smaller measure than the gap between this buffoon's self worth and his actual talent. One can only wonder if he perpetrated this pap as a transparent money-making exercise, or whether he actually believed that there was some 'point' to it all. It makes me depressed to believe that evolution has got us no further than this. Every tree died in vain, an arboreal holocaust for the benefit of a pantomime clown who believes he's Hamlet. I think I'll emigrate to Zimbabwe."

3Why do I hate Russell Brand? Empty Re: Why do I hate Russell Brand? Sat Oct 25 2014, 11:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One of the funniest guys around.

You should read his book, it's really, really good.

4Why do I hate Russell Brand? Empty Re: Why do I hate Russell Brand? Sat Oct 25 2014, 11:47

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i saw a bit of his interview on Newnight and he threw in words i'd never heard of to be honest. I don't hate him but he should stick to comedy instead of trying to reinvent himself as some kind of social and political revolutionary.

5Why do I hate Russell Brand? Empty Re: Why do I hate Russell Brand? Sat Oct 25 2014, 11:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i saw a bit of his interview on Newnight and he threw in words i'd never heard of to be honest. I don't hate him but he should stick to comedy instead of trying to reinvent himself as some kind of social and political revolutionary.
He does use a lot of long words.
But he should take out his dictionary and refresh his memory on the definition of the word 'comedy'.
Maybe I should send him some 'Brucie' DVD's.

6Why do I hate Russell Brand? Empty Re: Why do I hate Russell Brand? Sat Oct 25 2014, 11:54

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Norpig wrote:i saw a bit of his interview on Newnight and he threw in words i'd never heard of to be honest. I don't hate him but he should stick to comedy instead of trying to reinvent himself as some kind of social and political revolutionary.
But he should take out his dictionary and refresh his memory on the definition of the word 'comedy'.
 this may be sacrilege to you Boncey but i'm guessing Larry Grayson was a big influence on Brand with the way he flounces around. Perhaps he preferred his version of the generation game  Very Happy

7Why do I hate Russell Brand? Empty Re: Why do I hate Russell Brand? Sat Oct 25 2014, 11:55

Natasha Whittam wrote:One of the funniest guys around.

You should read his book, it's really, really good.

Those two statements explain a lot......

8Why do I hate Russell Brand? Empty Re: Why do I hate Russell Brand? Sat Oct 25 2014, 11:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hilarious that people are having a pop at him for being intelligent!

Perhaps we should all be like Peter Kay and have the same act for 10 years.

9Why do I hate Russell Brand? Empty Re: Why do I hate Russell Brand? Sat Oct 25 2014, 12:05

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'm not knocking him Nat , i do find him funny but wish he would lay of trying to be comedys answer to Che Guevara

10Why do I hate Russell Brand? Empty Re: Why do I hate Russell Brand? Sat Oct 25 2014, 12:09

Natasha Whittam wrote:Hilarious that people are having a pop at him for being intelligent!

I know that "sesquipedalian" means someone who uses big words and a "saxicolous" is someone who lives under a rock.

Combine that fact with this joke:

"Knock knock.

Who's there?

Me, you daft twat."

Would you pay to see me perform live?

Knowing stuff doesn't always make you funny or interesting.

11Why do I hate Russell Brand? Empty Re: Why do I hate Russell Brand? Sat Oct 25 2014, 12:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am certainly no fan of him either, i think he is a complete dickhead to be honest.

12Why do I hate Russell Brand? Empty Re: Why do I hate Russell Brand? Sat Oct 25 2014, 12:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
 this may be sacrilege to you Boncey but i'm guessing Larry Grayson was a big influence on Brand with the way he flounces around. Perhaps he preferred his version of the generation game  Very Happy
affraid affraid As for Nat's proposition that Brand is 'Intelligent',one look at his Panorama interview proves the opposite. As he looks like a singed minge she probably has a certain empathy with him.

13Why do I hate Russell Brand? Empty Re: Why do I hate Russell Brand? Sat Oct 25 2014, 12:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't like his stand up at all, just not for me. 

But as a person I do like him, and I don't agree he's looking for pity, quite the opposite, he makes light of just how foolish and dire a situation he got himself in, largely to help others.

Don't always agree with his political stuff but I do like listening to him talk about it. At least he's got something to say unlike every politician.

14Why do I hate Russell Brand? Empty Re: Why do I hate Russell Brand? Sat Oct 25 2014, 12:39

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I don't think i've ever sat down and watched him do stand up, so I can't comment on that.

But from interviews I have seen with him in, he seems like a decent guy - more intelligent that people give him credit for IMO.

15Why do I hate Russell Brand? Empty Re: Why do I hate Russell Brand? Sat Oct 25 2014, 13:02

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I could keep hitting him round the chops to make me feel better each time I connected with his ugly mush.

He's a utter horrible human being with a stupid hair cut.

When I see him on the telly I turn it over, once I couldn't find the remote when he was on and it was a full scale turnover WW3, to get the twat removed as quickly as possible,

16Why do I hate Russell Brand? Empty Re: Why do I hate Russell Brand? Sat Oct 25 2014, 14:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some people work their lives away to get the money they think they need to be comfortable. Brand has made a great deal of money out of whatever it is he does and some people are happy to give it to him so I don't blame him for that and I certainly don't hate him for it - he just won't be getting any money from me if I can help it.

There are a lot of personal choices in the arts in general but for me it's live and let live - if people want to support folk like Brand - or One Direction - then that's their choice.

17Why do I hate Russell Brand? Empty Re: Why do I hate Russell Brand? Sat Oct 25 2014, 14:23

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's a greasy haired, arrogant, unfunny, irritating crack head.

18Why do I hate Russell Brand? Empty Re: Why do I hate Russell Brand? Sat Oct 25 2014, 14:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:He's a RICH greasy haired, arrogant, unfunny, irritating crack head.
.....laughing all the way to the bank...

19Why do I hate Russell Brand? Empty Re: Why do I hate Russell Brand? Sat Oct 25 2014, 14:31

Never heard much of his comedy stuff, but I've been watching his Youtube channel 'The Trews' a bit, he makes some interesting points and it's good to see him tear into Fox News as the likes of Hannity and O'Reilly are bigoted morons who shouldn't be allowed on TV - unfortunately I'd imagine plenty of Americans take them seriously which is a problem.

In terms of his politics, when he first did that interview with Paxman last year my Facebook was full of people sharing it, thinking it was some incredible, new way of thinking. Bollocks, he was just saying what plenty of less fashionable people have said before, but at least it got more people thinking about politics and as I said he can make some interesting points. I just think it's gone to his head a little and he was ridiculous on Newsnight on Wednesday, too long in America I think because he just chose to shout over Evan Davis - who I thought was far too weak to handle him properly.

20Why do I hate Russell Brand? Empty Re: Why do I hate Russell Brand? Sat Oct 25 2014, 14:56

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

he's an intelligent arsehole

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum