Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Winter Weather Warnings Overkill???

+6
wanderlust
Jake McHale
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
Mr Magoo
Banks of the Croal
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Winter Weather Warnings Overkill??? Empty Winter Weather Warnings Overkill??? Thu Jan 29 2015, 00:39

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

What's with all these Weather Warnings, ffs, it's fucking Winter and it's more than likely to be fucking cold and Snow.

There's been fuckall upto now of any note round our way, yet ... watch there be 1ins of Snow in the morning and everything come to a halt ... Ponces Very Happy

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

:agree: :good:

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The twats are just trying to scare us.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolutely sick of these so-called weather warnings, people need to man up and realise they are in the UK not fooking Barbados.

Once again I expected to wake up to 10 foot snow drifts this morning, but once again there hasn't been a single snow flake.

It's snowing in Wigan and they are the biggest snowflakes I have ever seen.

Barb Dwyer wrote:It's snowing in Wigan and they are the biggest snowflakes I have ever seen.

Pretty big flakes here in Salford too BD but it's just turning to slush as soon as it hits the ground.

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Lovely here in the south east sunny and fairly warm need my shades on this morning.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We have a whingeing IT Manager who likes to give everyone a blow by blow (no pun intended) account of every weather warning so that he can lay the groundwork for taking a day off as soon as a cloud appears. He is on very thin ice.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thick snow in warrington. Working outdoors isn't much fun on days like today. Managed 3 tea breaks though. My excuse being that I had to keep the company ipad warm and dry.

10Winter Weather Warnings Overkill??? Empty Re: Winter Weather Warnings Overkill??? Thu Jan 29 2015, 12:04

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I only complain when it affects me. I'm a selfish bastard like that. This morning taking my lad to school, I couldn't get my car to move a fucking inch going up a hill in farnworth.

3 kind souls suddenly appeared at the back of the car pushing me up the hill. I honestly didn't think people like this existed any more, so a big thanks goes to the local Samaritans that got me on my way. Very Happy

11Winter Weather Warnings Overkill??? Empty Re: Winter Weather Warnings Overkill??? Thu Jan 29 2015, 12:08

I think I was one of the last ones over Snake Pass last night before it shut and it was properly scary.

Driving in pitch black conditions on windy roads in driving snow and a howling gale is no fun.

Good job I wasn't wearing pants because they would've been ruined....

12Winter Weather Warnings Overkill??? Empty Re: Winter Weather Warnings Overkill??? Thu Jan 29 2015, 12:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:I think I was one of the last ones over Snake Pass last night before it shut and it was properly scary.

Driving in pitch black conditions on windy roads in driving snow and a howling gale is no fun.

Good job I wasn't wearing pants because they would've been ruined....
I was wearing 3 layers of pants this morning. An advertising sign blew down and just missed my mate. Would have killed him.
That was another excuse to get to our cabin,put the kettle on and send a picture to head office.
We got a good 20 minutes out of that. After all,it's a health and safety issue. Very Happy

13Winter Weather Warnings Overkill??? Empty Re: Winter Weather Warnings Overkill??? Thu Jan 29 2015, 16:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Weird weather round here today. Hailstones, thunder, lightning and then a dusting of snow for about half an hour. Looks nice out of my office window - white fields and a deep red sunset.

14Winter Weather Warnings Overkill??? Empty Re: Winter Weather Warnings Overkill??? Thu Jan 29 2015, 17:52

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I went running in that today, whats up with you all?

all i had on was my vote UKIP vest, shorts and a karrimor hat.

15Winter Weather Warnings Overkill??? Empty Re: Winter Weather Warnings Overkill??? Thu Jan 29 2015, 18:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

2 flakes of snow in London and the whole of England shuts down.

joke really.

16Winter Weather Warnings Overkill??? Empty Re: Winter Weather Warnings Overkill??? Thu Jan 29 2015, 18:25

No snow in London yet.

17Winter Weather Warnings Overkill??? Empty Re: Winter Weather Warnings Overkill??? Thu Jan 29 2015, 18:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Winter Weather Warnings Overkill??? 4196886365_a09181171eNice in Birchwood.

18Winter Weather Warnings Overkill??? Empty Re: Winter Weather Warnings Overkill??? Fri Jan 30 2015, 10:16

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

A nursery closed near me yesterday because someone skidded in their car on a road a mile away.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum