Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren Pratley out for up to two months

+2
Norpig
karlypants
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers midfielder Darren Pratley will miss between six and eight weeks because of a torn hamstring.

The 29-year-old, who has scored five times in 27 matches this season, limped off during Saturday's draw with Wolves.

Pratley has been virtually ever-present since Neil Lennon took over as manager, guiding the Trotters from bottom of the Championship to 14th, in just 17 games.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Gutted.  Lets hope he comes back the same player.  Only 6 to 8 weeks but lay on the treatment table next to mavies might rub off on him

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

just when he was starting to look half decent at last Mad

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I had just finally given in to the fact that Pratley was doing a decent job for us, such an engine, never gives up. Cant believe in admitting it but in disappointed he is out of action. Might struggle without him tomorrow.

so lee, mavies and prats all cant play and all were part of the men on turn around in key ways.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:I had just finally given in to the fact that Pratley was doing a decent job for us, such an engine, never gives up. Cant believe in admitting it but in disappointed he is out of action. Might struggle without him tomorrow.

so lee, mavies and prats all cant play and all were part of the men on turn around in key ways.

I guess "men on" was a Freudian slip and you meant Lennon?

Pratley has probably made the biggest contribution to the improved results now that Lennon's system has given him support - he isn't pressing alone anymore so he isn't made to look stupid and when we have possession he can get forward and provide a goal threat. In the League, one of the new lads can fill in for him but there's no cover for the Cup - not that it's likely to be an issue after tonight despite the fact I hope we beat them.

Wondering what sort of reception Sturridge will get?

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
Biggie wrote:I had just finally given in to the fact that Pratley was doing a decent job for us, such an engine, never gives up. Cant believe in admitting it but in disappointed he is out of action. Might struggle without him tomorrow.

Pratley has probably made the biggest contribution to the improved results now that Lennon's system has given him support - he isn't pressing alone anymore so he isn't made to look stupid and when we have possession he can get forward and provide a goal threat. In the League, one of the new lads can fill in for him but there's no cover for the Cup - not that it's likely to be an issue after tonight despite the fact I hope we beat them.

The question is the reception Sturridge gets when he scores twice against us tonight.  We will miss the beef with Pratley and Heskey out.  As Nat would say, lightweights on the pitch and we have no speedsters like Sturridge nor defenders who can keep up with him.  It was much better having him on our side... scoring almost at will.

observer wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

The question is the reception Sturridge gets when he scores twice against us tonight.  We will miss the beef with Pratley and Heskey out.  As Nat would say, lightweights on the pitch and we have no speedsters like Sturridge nor defenders who can keep up with him.  It was much better having him on our side... scoring almost at will.
Is Mills going to be fit?  I thought he did very well restricting Sterling in the 1st match.  Problem is he can't man mark sterling AND Sturridge

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we need Ream in at centre back as he's the only one with a bit of pace. If Sturridge and Sterling start i fear it may be a long night

Doubt Sturridge will start, he'll probably come on when Liverpool are chasing an equaliser. Smile

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We missed Prat last night.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum