Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tony Pulis pranked by not Neil Lennon

2 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tony Pulis pranked by not Neil Lennon Empty Tony Pulis pranked by not Neil Lennon Wed Feb 11 2015, 22:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

He may be known as one of the wiliest football managers in the Premier League, but West Bromwich Albion manager Tony Pulis has been outwitted by a player from Northern Ireland's third division.

Limavady United midfielder Blain Morrison hoodwinked Pulis with an impersonation of fellow countryman and Bolton Wanderers boss Neil Lennon during a prank call.

When the Welshman returned his phone message he coaxed him into believing Lennon was making a loan bid for Northern Ireland international defender Gareth McAuley.

West Bromwich Albion have confirmed that Pulis was taken in by the phone call.

During the call, Pulis was not in the mood for letting the Larne man leave the Hawthorns however, describing him as a "top lad".

Happy to continue the conversation, he hinted he would have a think about other options.

Now Morrison hopes the Baggies' chief has taken his prank call, which was recorded and is proving popular on social media, in the right spirit.

"I was with the team on Saturday night outside our social club and someone came up with a number for Tony Pulis, I rang him and I couldn't believe it when he called back," he said.

"I decided to pretend to be Neil Lennon because of the Northern Ireland accent and I asked about bringing Gareth McAuley on loan because he is a Northern Ireland player.

"I thought the call would last a few seconds and didn't expect it to last any longer.

"I hope Tony Pulis is not offended and sees the funny side and takes it in the right spirit."

Morrison, 27, says that despite being able to engage the top-flight manager in conversation he does not envisage being offered a career in full-time football.

"I don't think he is that desperate just yet," he joked.

A Tottenham Hotspur fan, he is still smarting from their defeat to Liverpool on Tuesday night prompting suggestions of another potential victim.

"I would like to do Brendan Rodgers, but with the accent and him coming from Northern Ireland, it might be too hard," he added

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers boss Neil Lennon not imp WEST Brom boss Tony Pulis may have laughed off this week’s hoax call prank in good humour – but Neil Lennon admits he may not have been so forgiving.

Blain Morrison, a third division footballer from Northern Ireland, became a social media hit this week when he pretended to be Wanderers boss Lennon in a phone call to Pulis which was posted on YouTube.

In the call, the fake Lennon had asked to loan centre-back Gareth MacAuley.

And though both managers have since made light of the situation, Lennon would have been less inclined to smile had the boot been on the other foot.

“I’m not sure I’d have found it that funny,” he told The Bolton News. “I’m not really impressed, actually. I didn’t even think it sounded like me.

“Thankfully, Tony took it in good heart but it’s dangerous as well, I mean, where did he get his number from?

“It is a concern when something like that happens but thankfully there are no after effects.” ressed by hoax call to West Bromwich Albion manager Tony Pulis

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum