Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Radio Nuts - changes are happening!

+7
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
gloswhite
karlypants
observer
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21radio - Radio Nuts - changes are happening! - Page 2 Empty Re: Radio Nuts - changes are happening! Sat Feb 28 2015, 16:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

finlaymcdanger wrote:Surely these fans are your core demographic and probably the easiest people to convert into regular users of the site? When it comes to increasing numbers I would have thought getting these people over the line would be a must.

Why not get some friendly messaging to them, while they're here, over the course of the next couple of games? Instead of shutting them out and sending them elsewhere, sell them the premium package - Whittam cyclops , Breadman Razz , Boggers Mad , Predictions League... whatever you consider your best selling points.

Like any free trial, it eventually comes to an end - and they should have to make a decision. But, let them know of your policy change ahead of time, how simple it is to sign up and sample how fun/annoying it can be as a regular poster on here.

Don't just turn them (business) away, Sluffy. I hate that.

Anyhow... my almond croissant just arrived...

Thanks for the comments - I know you mean well and I appreciate them.

The thing is the real world, where all what you say makes perfect sense - and the world of internet forums - are more or less completely different.

Yes we've been happy to let fellow Bolton fans share the match commentary with us - but we have no idea who they are though!  The only feedback we have of them is their ip addresses they access the site from.  We have no way of contacting them 'selling' the good points of the site to them, other than having the forum laid open to them - as we do do anyway.

How do we get them over the line then as you say?

They KNOW we are here, they can view us if they wish - they can even join us if they wish - they've had literally months to do so.

But they have chosen so far not to.

Well all we've done is simply tilted the table a little bit towards our site.

We aren't stopping anyone listening to Radio Nuts, we simply have put up a 'if you want it, here it is - but you now need to join (for free) notice.

We've had around 40 new members in less than an hour from kick off (on a home day match when less people use Radio Nuts) - so I think we can safely say in terms of converting users of Radio Nuts from non members to members, the exercise as been an outstanding success.

We are now where we 'can' contact people and 'sell' them the site if we wanted to do more of a hard sell but for now I rather the newbees find out for themselves just how much fun and news we have on here.

All we want are fellow Wanderers fans coming together and making this the most enjoyable place to be.

The more participation in the site the better for ALL of us.

Simple really.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum