Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New To Bolton Nuts? Introduce Yourself Here

+9
Norpig
Mr Magoo
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Keegan
Banks of the Croal
karlypants
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Hi everyone I'm hipster im a 19 year old female originally from Bolton but currently studying in Holland.

Very Happy

I think you might be bwfc71's daughter.

Breadman wrote:Seriously now, how much is it to put an ad in the match-day programme or sponsor the match ball?

If it's not prohibitively expensive, why not look at doing that?

We could all chip in via paypal like we did with the World Cup sweep and fund it that way.

I'm sure there are enough of us regulars who'd chip in and I know I certainly would.

The vast majority of us have enjoyed contributing to Nuts over the years for free and thus far, we haven't paid anything back.

Thoughts?
Used to work for a company that sponsored the match ball a few times, it costs between £1500 and £2000. I'll chip in with a tenner.

You get all the hospitality package for that as well, plus a signed match ball.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

These fooking newbies, they sign up, steal our radio and chatbox then fuck off without so much as a thank you.

We should make all these features unavailable to anyone with less than 200 posts.

Natasha Whittam wrote:These fooking newbies, they sign up, steal our radio and chatbox then fuck off without so much as a thank you.

We should make all these features unavailable to anyone with less than 200 posts.

That was a party election broadcast by the United Nuts Independence Party.

Go uNips!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

To be honest I've already predicted (behind the scenes) that something like that is the way we will probably have to go to try to develop the site.

Not that we would want to but by simply looking at the viewing stats.

Since we introduced 'compulsary' membership to get Radio Nuts we have had in round figures about 100 new members directly from accessing the three games to date. Details show that the vast majority joined just prior to kick off or during the matches themselves and did not return to Nuts until the next Nuts commentary.

Hardly anyone of these new joinees stayed on after the match or visited Nuts between games.

They are clearly only here for the match radio.

I had already suggested that if this pattern contiued as would seem highly likely that the next step may be for us to move the 'portal' link on to the forum - so as to make the new joinees be aware that this site isn't just about the radio - and that we are basically a participation site of people with a common interest.

I doubt whether that would induce new people to post but it would get them 'looking' at the forum, particularly if we moved the portal around from time to time - a bit like supermarkets move their stock around the store - to encourage people to move about the place.

The next step after that I suggest would be a 'signing in' of posters - something along the line of making it compulsory that people post say once a week - maybe in a designated thread - say the match thread, or predict the score, or similar - something that anyone wanting to hear the match would naturally have an interest anyway. The idea being getting people used to how easy it is to actually post.

Anyone not posting during the week would simply get excluded from Radio Nuts by means of a 2 hour ban.

I don't think it is much to ask by means of giving something back to the site for Radio Nuts, one single post a week on a topic that they are clearly interested anyway.

I think that may be a natural progression to get people to post on here (which of couse would include our long time lurkers as well!).

Don't worry though I don't envisage us moving along this route until a month or two into next season but if people want the benefits of this site they must accept that they should contribute to it in some way - and all that we ask is that people simply post and join in with the rest of us.

It's not hard and its FREE.

So whay not?

Breadman wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:These fooking newbies, they sign up, steal our radio and chatbox then fuck off without so much as a thank you.

That was a party election broadcast by the United Nuts Independence Party.

Go uNips!
U "slightly wonky" Nips

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

As for an advert in the match programme, etc.

Unfortunarely it as all been tried before and simply didn't work.

The Mavies forum is so called because it sponsored Mark Davies for a whole season back in our Premier days.  Yes I know his injury record but back at that time he actually did manage to play a reasonable amount of games.  

The Mavies site got all sorts of goodies thrown in such as a photo op with the player (iirc correctly someone off here actually went to that), signed player shirt, match day tickets, even a box for one of the games I think - but at the end of the day (and despite costing thousands) it attracted very few new members to the site and non I think (or very few) who actually ended up posting on there.

The simple fact is that forums are a niche market, most people prefer to communicate by more 'fashionable' social media means (twitter, texting, facebook, snapchat, etc) and most people don't want to articulate their views and ideas by means of the written word).

The best market for attracting 'forumers' - ie people who do articulate on forums, is by attracting people from other existing forums.

I don't mean by way of poaching them but by simply providing a better site that they would wish to read and join in with.

It is no coincidence that the majority of other forums - Burnden Aces, Wanderers Ways and JA606 to name but three - censor any mention of Bolton Nuts and/or ban people for being involved with the site (they are frightened we might send pm's to people on there telling them we exist and come and have a look at us).

It is therefore up to us to try to come up with new means of wanting people to find us - hence Chatbox, Radio Nuts, Behind Enemy Lines and use of NewsNow, etc.

So spead the word of Nuts as and when you can please - the more the merrier and better it is for all if us.

Thank you.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We should create an "exclusive" section on Nuts where only people with the password can enter.

A bit like the "gold" room on 'Frasier'.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Well, this thread went down like a lead fart.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The mods are to blame.
New members should have been tempted to post with the offer of a free CD.
New To Bolton Nuts? Introduce Yourself Here - Page 2 518BUmVJvyL._SY300_

boltonbonce wrote:The mods are to blame.
New members should have been tempted to post with the offer of a free std
New To Bolton Nuts? Introduce Yourself Here - Page 2 518BUmVJvyL._SY300_
Bit weird

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There goes Johnny editing me again.
I'm sure he's related to Magoo.
I have a shed full of those CD's. Can't seem to move them on.

boltonbonce wrote:There goes Johnny editing me again.
Sorry bonce, it's not just you but you seem to make the best comments for editing

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:There goes Johnny editing me again.
Sorry bonce, it's not just you but you seem to make the best comments for editing

Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

New To Bolton Nuts? Introduce Yourself Here - Page 2 Page7-mainpic_03

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wonder how many freeloaders we'll have today?

I think we need to buy some of these:

New To Bolton Nuts? Introduce Yourself Here - Page 2 Aliensdontwa

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For Radio Nuts? Shocked

No, not for the radio, to help us in our search for intelligent life beyond the portal.

It's the SETI array.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:No, not for the radio, to help us in our search for intelligent life beyond the portal.

It's the SETI array.

I'm glad you have said that as I'm not pissing about fitting one of them on my roof! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum