Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 Reading

+17
Bolton Nuts
scottjames30
rammywhite
bryan458
Reebok_Rebel
Keegan
Sluffy
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
Boggersbelief
karlypants
wanderlust
Bwfc1958
gloswhite
MartinBWFC
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

61Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Wed Mar 04 2015, 11:13

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Breadman wrote:Serious question now:

What's up with Danns?

From my armchair, I'd always thought he was our engine.
Due to the injury situation he has been given the role of sitting in front of the back four. He is not suited to this but soldiers on and does his best probably because there is no one else - bar Ream. The Bulgarian Lampard is probably held back by the "5 loanee rule".
Yes all agree we need new blood but will have to put up with what we've got for the remainder of the season and hope we find some cash when the summer window opens. I'm not holding my breath.

62Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Wed Mar 04 2015, 11:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:hope he starts by getting rid of Danns & Feeney, two players that will never get us promoted.. Vela needs to be in CM right now to gain as much experience as possible for next season, he will be vital as will Clough/Clayton and Mark Davies.

To carve out a serious career as a WUM you need to be more subtle.

63Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Wed Mar 04 2015, 11:20

Boggersbelief wrote:Danns is having a breakdown on Twitter

Far from a breakdown, he's just arguing back against the nonsense Chris Manning writes for LionofVienna. He really is clueless I'm afraid, he's clearly not a Feeney fan and moans about him every week in spite of some decent performances recently.

64Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Wed Mar 04 2015, 11:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Feeney is a funny one for me, he tries hard and has pace but he rarely beats his full back and his crossing has been poor. I agree that Clough, Vela and Clayton will be vital next season but i've given up with Mavies, just too injury prone.

65Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Wed Mar 04 2015, 11:21

I've just tweeted him and told him to ignore Manning and sign up for Nuts.

If he does, everybody be nice!

66Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Wed Mar 04 2015, 11:29

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:hope he starts by getting rid of Danns & Feeney, two players that will never get us promoted.. Vela needs to be in CM right now to gain as much experience as possible for next season, he will be vital as will Clough/Clayton and Mark Davies.

To carve out a serious career as a WUM you need to be more subtle.

Are you trying to say they're better than Mark Davies?

67Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Wed Mar 04 2015, 11:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

Are you trying to say they're better than Mark Davies?

Definitely.

Ignoring the fact Mark Davies is injury prone and will never play more than 10-15 games in a season, when he does play he is a one good game in 5 man.

Neither Danns or Feeney are worldbeaters, but we'd particularly miss Danns if he wasn't in the team.

68Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Wed Mar 04 2015, 11:37

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And I'm the wum... Very Happy

Mark Davies is premier league quality, remains to be seen if he will ever shake off injuries but there's no doubting his ability

69Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Wed Mar 04 2015, 11:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:And I'm the wum... Very Happy

Mark Davies is premier league quality, remains to be seen if he will ever shake off injuries but there's no doubting his ability

A few years back he looked like he might have some ability, but he's done absolutely fuck all for two or three seasons now, bar the odd sporadic decent game.

70Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Wed Mar 04 2015, 11:39

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mavies may have quality but if he never plays its a bit pointless.

71Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Wed Mar 04 2015, 11:42

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:And I'm the wum... Very Happy

A few years back he looked like he might have some ability, but he's done absolutely fuck all for two or three seasons now, bar the odd sporadic decent game.

Bollocks. He's consistently good in his 5-10 games.

72Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Wed Mar 04 2015, 11:43

Without a shadow of a doubt Mavies is our most talented midfielder, but as Norpig says it's largely irrelevant because he can't stay fit - still looking forward to having him back though.

Danns and Feeney have performed well for us this season, Danns made a good point on Twitter they're in the championship for a reason, they're not Messi or Ronaldo and both put a good shift in. I'd sooner have both than the likes of Eagles.

73Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Wed Mar 04 2015, 11:55

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

bwfc1874 wrote:Without a shadow of a doubt Mavies is our most talented midfielder, but as Norpig says it's largely irrelevant because he can't stay fit - still looking forward to having him back though.

Isn't Holden our "most talented midfielder"? Although we have even less chance of seeing him play for us than Mavies.

74Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Wed Mar 04 2015, 11:59

@Dannzy1 hasn't seen fit to respond to my tweet inviting him to come and join us so he can fuck off.

#sellhimnow.

75Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Wed Mar 04 2015, 12:27

xmiles wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Without a shadow of a doubt Mavies is our most talented midfielder, but as Norpig says it's largely irrelevant because he can't stay fit - still looking forward to having him back though.

Isn't Holden our "most talented midfielder"? Although we have even less chance of seeing him play for us than Mavies.

Not on our books anymore. Maybe if he comes back though, we can hope!

76Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Wed Mar 04 2015, 12:48

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't understand the hate Feeney gets, hasn't got a hell of a lot of quality but at least he's positive and works hard, same with Danns tbh.

77Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Wed Mar 04 2015, 12:53

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

""Hasn't got a hell of a lot of quality" there's your answer

78Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Wed Mar 04 2015, 12:56

Fans need to be more realistic. This is the championship, Danns, Feeney and Mills (another attacked by Manning) are all decent championship players who we'd struggle to replace with better given our budget. All three have shown at points this season that they're more than capable of performing in this division, you'd hope that without injuries they'd play a more peripheral role next season, but you still need players like them in a squad to add some depth.

79Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Wed Mar 04 2015, 13:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:""Hasn't got a hell of a lot of quality" there's your answer

Well not a lot of our players have really.

I'd get the derision if we were talking about a feeney playing for Chelsea or even Spurs or Everton but were not.

he's a good player at this level who gives his all, better than some lazy bastard like Beckford or complete donkey like Zat Knight.

80Bolton 1-1 Reading - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Reading Wed Mar 04 2015, 13:28

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:""Hasn't got a hell of a lot of quality" there's your answer

Well not a lot of our players have really.

I'd get the derision if we were talking about a feeney playing for Chelsea or even Spurs or Everton but were not.

he's a good player at this level who gives his all, better than some lazy bastard like Beckford or complete donkey like Zat Knight.

He's not good at this level though.. He might give his all but it's not enough.. As a winger he is an embarrassment, I've never seen him take a man on and his final ball is more often than not unsuccessful.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum