Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Lennon Thought - Wigan

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What Lennon Thought - Wigan Empty What Lennon Thought - Wigan Sat Mar 21 2015, 21:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Lennon was left happy with a derby day point despite a scrappy performance during a 1-1 draw with Wigan at the DW Stadium.

Tom Walker’s deflected goal midway through the second half sent over 4,300 travelling fans into raptures.

But sub Martyn Waghorn netted deep into stoppage time to claim a share of the spoils for the hosts.

“With our recent away form and Wigan’s home form, people will say that a draw was always on the cards,” Lennon said after the game.

“Whilst I’m very happy with the point, I’m not so pleased with our performance.

“Wigan definitely deserved something out of the game, and you can see that they are scrapping for their lives at the moment.

“Away from home you have to rely on your goalkeeper to play well, and Ben Amos certainly did that this afternoon. Saying that, he had a little bit too much to do for my liking.

“I also thought Emile Heskey had a very good game. You can see he used every bit of his experience and played a crucial role for us.

“Aside from those two and our younger players, too many were off-colour today.

“We got a slice of luck with the goal, no doubting that. Our performances have deserved more away from home recently, so we feel we were certainly due that bit of luck.

“Once again, we’ve conceded a late goal. It’s happening far too often. If we hadn’t conceded so many at late stages of games we’d have been home and hosed by now.

“We feel Tim Ream was pushing in the lead up to their goal, but we can have no complaints as it was the least Wigan deserved.

“That said, we’ve stopped the rot away from home. We now probably just need a couple more wins to cement our place in this division for next season. That’s pleasing considering where we were when we came through the door.

“Our fans were once again superb throughout. They’ve not had much to shout about in recent weeks, but they’ve been right behind us since the day we came through the door.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by karlypants on Sat Mar 21 2015, 21:46; edited 1 time in total

2What Lennon Thought - Wigan Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Wigan Sat Mar 21 2015, 21:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fuck off Lennon. We were shit, just say so and move on.

And if Heskey's still here next season my foot will be permanently up your arse.

3What Lennon Thought - Wigan Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Wigan Sat Mar 21 2015, 21:13

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Fuck off Lennon. We were shit, just say so and move on.

And if Heskey's still here next season my foot will be permanently up your arse.
Don't hold back... say what you mean!

4What Lennon Thought - Wigan Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Wigan Sat Mar 21 2015, 21:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

5What Lennon Thought - Wigan Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Wigan Sun Mar 22 2015, 01:11

Ah, right then.......

I was derided for being an armchair dwelling fool earlier this week by Nuts' own "I know everything about football so don't you dare question me!" correspondent for suggesting that maybe....possibly.....potentially......

....our Neil wasn't capable of turning our rabble collective of cheap loan signings, "I can't be arsed, I'm only here for the cash" leftovers and some children found playing keepy-uppy round the back of the bike sheds at Euxton into a team.

Wow!

A week's along time in politics but it turns out that it's even shorter in Championship football.........

6What Lennon Thought - Wigan Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Wigan Sun Mar 22 2015, 08:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I said he got it wrong yesterday. You suggested he would get it wrong for eternity.

Lennon is the man to take us forward, it doesn't mean he is immune from abuse along the way.

7What Lennon Thought - Wigan Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Wigan Sun Mar 22 2015, 11:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he did say we were shit in a roundabout way and you can bet they all got both barrels after the match.

Lets get through this season and see what kind of team he can produce for next season, i still think he's the man for the job.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum