Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

18 years ago today........

+2
xmiles
Bwfc1958
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

118 years ago today........ Empty 18 years ago today........ Sat Apr 25 2015, 17:22

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

The super whites lifted the division 1 trophy after a 4-1 win over Charlton in the last game at Burnden Park.

We would go on to amass an impressive 98 points and 100 goals in a season that saw some of the most entertaining football ever seen by wanderers supporters.

What a season, what a team. Players giving nothing less than 100% for the club and the fans every single week.

I was in the lever end for this one. A proper party atmosphere all round the ground. Charlton tried to spoil the party with Mark Kinsella giving them a 1-0 half time lead but the whites came out second half and blitzed Charlton with 4 goals from Gerry Taggart, Alan Thompson and 2 from super John.

Great memories.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

218 years ago today........ Empty Re: 18 years ago today........ Sat Apr 25 2015, 20:34

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I remember it well. The only thing that prevented it from being a perfect season was those Tranmere bastards stopping us from getting 100 points!

318 years ago today........ Empty Re: 18 years ago today........ Sat Apr 25 2015, 20:41

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

418 years ago today........ Empty Re: 18 years ago today........ Sat Apr 25 2015, 20:42

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

518 years ago today........ Empty Re: 18 years ago today........ Sat Apr 25 2015, 20:42

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I was at the tranmere game as well. Filled the whole stand behind the goal. Another great atmosphere. Threw 2 points away in the last minute in true wanderers style.

618 years ago today........ Empty Re: 18 years ago today........ Sat Apr 25 2015, 21:39

I've always thought it was Matt Holland who scored  Charlton's goal  (even though he didn't play for them at the time).

718 years ago today........ Empty Re: 18 years ago today........ Sun Apr 26 2015, 01:43

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I do believe that team would have walked this league even now!!!

818 years ago today........ Empty Re: 18 years ago today........ Sun Apr 26 2015, 08:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

that season was probably my favourite season ever watching the Super Whites, a great team, attacking football and loads of goals  Very Happy

918 years ago today........ Empty Re: 18 years ago today........ Mon Apr 27 2015, 19:24

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

18 years ago since the days we had Blake, Thompson, Frandsen, Bergsson, Taggart, etc.? Jesus that makes me sad. Back then we had some cracking teams. Players like Jensen, Gunnlaugson, Gudjohnson, etc. Now we just seem full of loan players.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum