Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Loan watch: Rob Hall helps MK Dons win promotion to the Championship

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rob Hall completed 90 minutes for MK Dons as they won promotion to the Championship courtesy of a convincing 5-1 victory over already-relegated Yeovil Town on the last day of the 2014/15 League One season.

Starting the day in third-place, goals from Carl Baker, Darren Potter, Will Grigg and a Dean Lewington brace ensured Karl Robinson’s side secured their place in the English second tier next season after they bettered Preston North End’s result on the day.

Needing to win to guarantee their own promotion, Preston suffered a 1-0 defeat away at relegation-threatened Colchester United – a result which also secured the U’s survival.

Jermaine Beckford started in attack for the Lilywhites, completing 89 minutes, but they were unable to make a breakthrough as George Moncur scored a late winner for Colchester – who had already seen Chris Porter miss a penalty earlier in the match.

Preston will now face Chesterfield in the play-offs, hoping for a change in fortunes having never won promotion in their nine previous attempts, including their Final defeat to Bolton Wanderers in 2001.

Elsewhere in the division, Sanmi Odelusiwas an unused substitute for Coventry City as they scored a last-minute winner away at Crawley Town to avoid relegation – sending Dean Saunders’ side down in the process.

Luke Woodland was also an unused substitute for Oldham Athletic as they finished their campaign with a 1-1 draw at home to Peterborough United.

In the Championship, Niall Maher started for Blackpool in their abandoned clash with Huddersfield Town, completing 20 minutes before being replaced by Henry Cameron.

Andy Kellett was also in action for Manchester United Under-21s, alongside former Bolton loanee Ben Amos, completing 90 minutes as they won 1-0 at home to Southampton to leapfrog Liverpool and regain their place at the top of the table.

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

does anyone think Hall can come back and force his way into the reckoning? I'm not sure to be honest but he seems to have done alright at MK Dons.

If his heads right I think he has the talent but unfortunately he's a bit of a flash twat who thinks he deserves respect he hasn't earned.

I'd like to see him bulk up a bit and give it a real go because he's not good enough yet. I don't know if he has the mental strength to do it though.

weren't yeovil in the championship last season?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:weren't yeovil in the championship last season?

Yeah.

I seriously hope MK give us a bit of money for rob hall. He's got potential but not the right attitude

Let's just hope he doesn't come back to haunt us, as he has at least found a bit of form under them.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hall is the worst player at BWFC in the last 10 years. I have never seen a player with so little ability. Absolutely fucking useless. He'll never play for Lennon again that's for sure.

As for Beckford, he's scored a few goals for PNE, but missed an absolute glut of sitters - as he did on Sunday when it was 0-0.

Unfortunately he'll be back at Bolton next season because no other fucker will want the useless bellend.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Beckfords out of contract

Boggersbelief wrote:Beckfords out of contract

:party:

Natasha Whittam wrote:Hall is the worst player at BWFC in the last 10 years. I have never seen a player with so little ability. Absolutely fucking useless. He'll never play for Lennon again that's for sure.

You said the same about Vela after Leicester away a few seasons ago.

He's got the talent, but he needs a lot of work.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hall, great potential, bad attitude. Would give him the summer with Lennon to see if the latter can be fixed under a manager who knows how to handle the big heads. 

Beckford, got ability, not consistent enough but again given the right manager I think he could do well and I'd like to see what Neil makes of him. 

I was genuinely surprised to read Tom Eaves is due to come back this summer. I honestly thought we'd sold him. Guess I just got crossed wires on that one.

Hall's obviously a bit of a nob, but who wasn't at his age? And imagine if you were earning such ridiculous money then, I'd be a right twat. But people mature, we need to hope he does that.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Hall's obviously a bit of a nob, but who wasn't at his age? 

Me

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

Me
 thats not what Copper Dragon thinks is it Boggers?  Wink

Boggersbelief wrote:

Me

You probably just haven't realised it yet.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I couldn't care less about Hall's attitude, I judge players on their ability on the pitch. He has done FUCK ALL in a white shirt, absolutely fuck all. I don't remember a single cross or shot where I thought "that was pretty good".

And all those knobbers saying he has "potential" are simply going off his age.

West Ham must be laughing their tits off getting a few hundred thousand for this ponce.

You said the same about Vela, everybody knows how poor a judge of talent you are Nat defer to the experts (the rest of us) on this one.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:You said the same about Vela, everybody knows how poor a judge of talent you are Nat defer to the experts (the rest of us) on this one.

How long has Vela been at BWFC? 5 years perhaps? Maybe longer.

He's produced in about 8 games out of those 5 years.

Hardly a ringing endorsement for proven quality.

Proves my point if you think Vela's only had 8 good games for us.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Vela played practically every game after Lennon came in and i can't remember him having a bad one. I would still rather see him in midfield though

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum