Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Released Wanderers striker Craig Davies joins Wigan Athletic

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Former Wanderers striker Craig Davies has joined League One Wigan Athletic on a two-year deal.

The 29-year-old Wales international was a free agent after his contract with the Whites ran out at the end of June.

He teams up with another former Wanderer, Sanmi Odelusi, at the DW Stadium after he confirmed his move yesterday.

Davies joined Wanderers for £300,000 from Barnsley in January 2013 but made only 58 appearances in two-and-a-half years due to ongoing injury problems and just 27 of those were from the start.

He netted 11 times for the Whites and spent six months on loan at Preston North End in 2014.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/bolton_wanderers/13374908.Released_Wanderers_striker_Craig_Davies_joins_Wigan_Athletic

Amend the title BTID, it should be Cavies shipped to BWFC Reserves

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Craig Davies was one of our best players last season, but due to injury he hardly played two matches running. But he was heavily involved in our two best performances, the 3-1 drubbing of Wigan at the Macron and the 3-0 victory at Cardiff.

And one of the few players whose commitment can't be faulted.

Big if, but if he can stay fit he will score goals for anyone.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i would have liked to have kept him but i suppose his injury record did him no favours, as Nat says if he stays fit he will score regularly especially in league 1

Natasha Whittam wrote:Craig Davies was one of our best players last season, but due to injury he hardly played two matches running. But he was heavily involved in our two best performances, the 3-1 drubbing of Wigan at the Macron and the 3-0 victory at Cardiff.

And one of the few players whose commitment can't be faulted.

Big if, but if he can stay fit he will score goals for anyone.

I agree, decent Championship striker and should be very good in League 1.

But he'll never stay fit for long enough, and he takes a long time to get going again after injury. He's far too in and out to be relied on. 

Mad dog Madine will be an upgrade.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

I agree

Just like old times.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum