Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Neil Lennon link with Leicester City job is not going away

+6
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Bwfc1958
karlypants
Bollotom2014
BoltonTillIDie
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WANDERERS remain on tenterhooks as another leading managerial contender dropped out of the reckoning at Leicester City yesterday.

Even though it was business as usual for Neil Lennon with his side in Austria, there is a growing concern within the club that the Foxes could turn to their former player after their first choice, Guus Hiddink, took his name out of the frame.

Bob Bradley, the former USA international coach, was the bookies’ odds-on favourite yesterday but his Norwegian club Stabaek issued a statement saying he had not been approached for the post.

That remains the case at Wanderers too – with sources at the club insisting there has been no contact from Leicester, nor would it be welcomed with the Northern Irishman in the midst of his rebuilding operation at Bolton this summer.

Those plans have hit a hiatus, both because of the speculation over the manager’s future and the tight financial circumstances under which he is operating.

And that has accelerated the links with Lennon, a former Foxes favourite, with a move to the King Power Stadium, and bookmakers continued to rank him among the favourites to succeed Nigel Pearson late last night.

While players and staff had a day off yesterday in their Austrian training base at Pallau, it will be back down to work this morning to prepare for the first pre-season friendly against Sturm Graz tomorrow evening.

There is a slight doubt over new signing Derik Osede’s involvement, while Wanderers are also likely to tread carefully with young strikers Zach Clough and Max Clayton as they continue their path back to full fitness.

Meanwhile, Conor Wilkinson’s move to Barnsley looks to have been revived, as the League One club renewed talks with the 20-year-old striker yesterday.

Wanderers have already accepted a bid from Lee Johnson’s side – believed to be £75,000 - but the deal looked to have collapsed last week when the two parties failed to agree personal terms.

Oakwell-bound Wilkinson was left behind as the Whites jetted out to Austria and told he could find a new club.

But after talks resumed yesterday it is now hoped the Republic of Ireland Under-21 international could complete his deal before the weekend.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/13382009.Neil_Lennon_link_with_Leicester_City_job_is_not_going_away/

Betting has been suspended on next Leicester manager after 1000s of pounds has been bet on Martin O'neill.

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm not so sure that Lennon would go as he would be seen as a last and possibly desperate choice.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:Betting has been suspended on next Leicester manager after 1000s of pounds has been bet on Martin O'neill.

Sounds positive. Smile

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Lennon also confirmed there had been no approach from his former Leicester City about the vacant managerial spot at the King Power Stadium.
“I’ve got nothing I can say, it’s speculation, and it’s easy linking me with the Leicester job being an ex-player,” he said.
“I think I’m one of about 27 that has been linked with the job over the last week, so it’s all I can say on it really.”

Doesn't deny he would be on his bike if they came in for him. He had a chance there to put minds at rest if he had no intention of going there but it looks from that that he's hoping an offer will come at some point. 

Ye the fact he never ruled himself out of the job says a lot for me. Hope they fill it soon, even so I think we can all expect Lennon to be off as soon as a Prem offer actually comes in.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Of course he's going to feck off if Leicester offer him the job. Only a fool would turn down a better job on more money.

Alan Irvine is dusting off his tracksuit as I type.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think they would offer him the job, having a shit season with Bolton on your CV put a dent in it.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

They will have to be desperate to offer it to Lennon - there is too much experience available to approach him yet. Not until they get turned down a few times anyway. Ranieri, Allardyce and O'Neill should be their big targets for the start of next season but the problem with taking on a club massively tipped for relegation is that your life expectancy is probably only about 6 months.

Lennon will be linked with that job every 6-8 months or so until he eventually takes the job. There is no rush to do it now.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lennon has still got to prove he can hack it without being the biggest fish in a small pond. If he can turn our fortunes around he would become a very attractive proposition but he's done nothing yet. I reckon it's in his interests to stick with us and see the job he started through.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Gone away now, for at least 3 months.

NickFazer wrote:Gone away now, for at least 3 months.

About right. Reckon he will last until mid October and then if we are mid table he will go

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

They think it's all over ? it is now

wessy wrote:They think it's all over ? it is now

For now.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum