Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm going to Edinburgh

+7
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Sluffy
Copper Dragon
boltonbonce
Norpig
Bolton Nuts
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21I'm going to Edinburgh - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm going to Edinburgh Mon Jul 20 2015, 17:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Gay people hang out everywhere it's an extremely friendly city with no prejudice.

Bullshit! I was subjected to awful abuse upon my last visit.

22I'm going to Edinburgh - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm going to Edinburgh Mon Jul 20 2015, 17:34

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Don't go to the castle- it costs £14 to get in and its just a pile of old stones( and millions of tourists).
 Don't drink on the Royal Mile as it costs a fortune. Get off the main streets and find a local pub.

Don't refuse to take Scottish notes or you'll get your heid kicked in.
And don't criticise wee Nicola or they'll castrate you with a broken bottle.
Don't joke about deep fried anything- or they'll deep fry you.

Apart from that -enjoy!!

23I'm going to Edinburgh - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm going to Edinburgh Mon Jul 20 2015, 18:08

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Do a taste test at Cadenhead's... 172 Canongate, Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH8 8BN, United Kingdom.

24I'm going to Edinburgh - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm going to Edinburgh Mon Jul 20 2015, 18:40

Bolton Nuts

Admin

rammywhite wrote:Don't go to the castle- it costs £14 to get in and its just a pile of old stones( and millions of tourists).
 Don't drink on the Royal Mile as it costs a fortune. Get off the main streets and find a local pub.

Don't refuse to take Scottish notes or you'll get your heid kicked in.
And don't criticise wee Nicola or they'll castrate you with a broken bottle.
Don't joke about deep fried anything- or they'll deep fry you.

Apart from that -enjoy!!

Cheers. Now in shitting it.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

25I'm going to Edinburgh - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm going to Edinburgh Wed Jul 22 2015, 22:56

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Went last month, hard to say really a stag do is not going to be anything like a visit with the wife for a couple of days. I didn't hate it , but i didn't enjoy it as much as i thought i would, maybe naff weather was the problem. Lots of bars behind Princess street two roads run parallel no shortage of drinking holes, The Royal mile ok but very old fashioned. I just remember lots and lots of beggars
sat on there arse's all day. Plenty of shopping but guessing that's not on the to do list

26I'm going to Edinburgh - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm going to Edinburgh Thu Jul 23 2015, 10:26

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A lot of people do prefer Glasgow. It's a bit of a argument starter up here Glasgow or Edinburgh? I prefer Edinburgh probably because I'm not a drinker and I'm more into the cultural shit. 

Glasgow is more of a "hip" destination nowadays.

27I'm going to Edinburgh - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm going to Edinburgh Thu Jul 23 2015, 10:32

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'll be in Stirling from tomorrow for a week- born there and got a holiday place 5 miles further north.
I prefer Edinburgh as well as there's more history and culture, but less of an atmosphere.
Glasgow is great if you want a night out- and the crack is as good as you'll find anywhere. Edinburgh is far more expensive also. Lots of posh people live there. Glasgow is a lot rougher.

28I'm going to Edinburgh - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm going to Edinburgh Thu Jul 23 2015, 10:36

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

ita much more welcoming than it was 10 years back Glasgow. You'll never have a problem in Edinburgh as far as I'm concerned, it's a tourist city obviously it's built around that dynamic.

29I'm going to Edinburgh - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm going to Edinburgh Wed Jul 29 2015, 00:46

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Got back on Sunday. Hipster is spot on for me. Old town is the place to be, was great up there in the day time walking up to the castle seeing all the street entertainment. Intended to go underground on a history/ghost tour but was a bit nackered after night out. Think i would go back with the Mrs.

My stupid mates spent the first night sulking their way down Princes Street wasting my life. Old town miles better on Sat night.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

30I'm going to Edinburgh - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm going to Edinburgh Wed Jul 29 2015, 07:39

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Biggie wrote:Got back on Sunday. Hipster is spot on for me. Old town is the place to be, was great up there in the day time walking up to the castle seeing all the street entertainment. Intended to go underground on a history/ghost tour but was a bit nackered after night out. Think i would go back with the Mrs.

My stupid mates spent the first night sulking their way down Princes Street wasting my life. Old town miles better on Sat night.

Glad you enjoyed it Biggie- I presume you had a glass or two in Deacon Brodies?

31I'm going to Edinburgh - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm going to Edinburgh Wed Jul 29 2015, 10:36

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Glad you liked it pal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum