Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whats our target for the new season?

+15
MartinBWFC
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
karlypants
Sluffy
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
JAH
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
terenceanne
observer
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Whats our target for the new season? Empty Whats our target for the new season? Fri Jul 17 2015, 17:41

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is it avoid relegation, mid table , top half or reach the playoffs?

I wonder what Lennon will think he has to achieve for us to have a good season?

NLSWA.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Upper mid table is the best we can hope for, for now. That may change if we can bring in Le Fondre or hooper

The clubs target has to be play offs, but realistically I don't expect anything more than mid table with the squad as is. I'm sure Lennon has plans to get rid of a couple more and bring in a striker - Medo reportedly. I'd be very surprised if he had real hopes of signing Hooper as I've no idea where the money will come from, he must have other targets in mind though.

As I said in a thread the other day, I'm most bothered about getting a new owner and seeing the kids progress.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Would you not consider Gartside the target? And in case MI6 or the CIA is watching, I meant target of derision by the fans.  Never a shekel to buy a player, and no ambition of doing anything but surviving until they sell the club... which I hope is soon.

In fairness to Gartside he doesn't decide how much we spend, Eddie does. Eddie won't spend a penny more than he has to until he sells up now.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The target is promotion.

Sadly there are no signs of that happening at the moment. In fact our squad is the at best the same or a little worse than last season. I suppose safety from further relegation is the minimum currently. When a few hundred thousand can't be found for improvements and at the same time other clubs in our division are spending millions what realistically can you expect.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

To get back up you need to spend what you can, the best you can from the minute you come down, because before you know it there'll be three/six/nine/twelve other clubs in the division with parachute payments behind them. All the while, expectation doesn't really shrink; there'll be loads of season ticket holders this season that still think we've as much right as anyone to get promoted. When actually, we're probably in the bottom half in terms of resources, maybe even the bottom quarter. And obviously we've not got a great squad now as it is.

So ye, mid-table is the most we can really ask for, but you just never know in the Championship.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Realistic target should be top 12. 

but I don't think we have any chance of even sniffing that.

bottom 6-8 is more likely.

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

If we don't get up this season we're fucked! Lenny won't stay and our best players will be sold for peanuts! What they should do is give every season ticket holder, free parking and free food and drink and sell tickets on the gate for £10 each (that have to pay for food and drink). We'll get a full Macron, as half the season ticket holders will be down the Macron for their dinner and a big piss up and we'll stand a chance of getting an atmosphere so our players can get excited again.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Scraping the play-offs would be good. Would like to think better, but we need some new signings...

Champions by March

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You utter twats. Every real fan starts the new season expecting promotion. And this season is no different.

Targeting anything lower is shameful.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:You utter twats. Every real fan starts the new season expecting promotion. And this season is no different.

Targeting anything lower is shameful.

Losing against Morecambe.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's not a league game Scott.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So are we are not trying to win?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:So are we are not trying to win?

By the looks of it, no.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's all a cunning plan.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:So are we are not trying to win?

By the looks of it, no.

That is my point, we don't know how.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

For what it is worth, a poster on the TW forum, who went on the Austria friendly tour (how sad is that?) posted the following a few days back.

"I spoke to someone well connected yesterday at the match and was told that there seems to be a lot of 'smoke and mirrors' going on, but there are NO concrete offers on the table, no ongoing talks that are likely to prove fruitful in the short term and the Thai and Irish talks have folded for good".

I guess on that basis, things look a bit grim!

Sell off more of the car park - quick!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Would be chuffed if we finished somewhere in the top 10 but realistically I reckon around 17th.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum