Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton ???

+4
boltonbonce
Norpig
Soul Kitchen
Banks of the Croal
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bolton ??? Empty Bolton ??? Sun Jul 26 2015, 00:03

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I know it's easy to Knock a town that I was once proud to say I came from but what the fucks going on in there.

and this

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/13499393._Cowardly__thieves_target_pensioners_out_shopping_in_Bolton/

SadSadSad

2Bolton ??? Empty Re: Bolton ??? Sun Jul 26 2015, 00:07

Seen that video yesterday. A rather obese lady carrying pound shop bakery bags calling someone a fat fucker.

You couldn't write it could you

3Bolton ??? Empty Re: Bolton ??? Sun Jul 26 2015, 00:16

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yeah I saw it, cringed and just laughed it off but I also saw the other story and read the comments.

Not the Bolton I grew up in or remember, sounds like it's really gone down hill, to put it mildly.

4Bolton ??? Empty Re: Bolton ??? Sun Jul 26 2015, 00:24

There's definitely a huge decrease in mentality.

4 or 5 armed robberies in the space of a couple of weeks.

Pensioners getting robbed.

Kicking off and fighting in the middle of the day.

I know what you mean.

5Bolton ??? Empty Re: Bolton ??? Sun Jul 26 2015, 09:34

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's all about respect and treating people as you would expect to be treated yourself. Sadly that ended years ago and everything descends into the law of the jungle affecting everybody.
I had the slipper, cane, etc. when I was at school, all with no lasting detriment to myself, but I never told my parents because I'd have been told I must have earned it. How times have changed for the worse.

6Bolton ??? Empty Re: Bolton ??? Sun Jul 26 2015, 10:05

Not necessarily. I teach my kids the same values without bruising there skin and scarring their personality

7Bolton ??? Empty Re: Bolton ??? Sun Jul 26 2015, 12:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it depresses me more and more every time i go back through the town centre. If the shops aren't boarded up then they are filled with endless variations on pound shops, charity shops and pawnbrokers. It's sad to say but i don't miss Bolton at all anymore  Sad

8Bolton ??? Empty Re: Bolton ??? Sun Jul 26 2015, 12:18

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Well that's your problem Johnny, I wouldn't do that for a gold watch. When parents teach their kids to eff and jeff then the plot is lost and unfortunately that's what I've seen occur over the last few years.
I've lived the degradation for greed and the lapse of moral standards and have found it very distasteful, unfortunately it ain't going to be reversed. Just glad I can make the best out of my lot and my grown up kids have respect for other folk on an as is basis.

9Bolton ??? Empty Re: Bolton ??? Sun Jul 26 2015, 12:37

Soul Kitchen wrote:Well that's your problem Johnny, I wouldn't do that for a gold watch. When parents teach their kids to eff and jeff then the plot is lost and unfortunately that's what I've seen occur over the last few years.
I've lived the degradation for greed and the lapse of moral standards and have found it very distasteful, unfortunately it ain't going to be reversed. Just glad I can make the best out of my lot and my grown up kids have respect for other folk on an as is basis.

I think you may have misconstrued my comment. I teach my kids to have respect for EVERYBODY just without committing gbh on them.

Violence begets more violence

10Bolton ??? Empty Re: Bolton ??? Sun Jul 26 2015, 13:12

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Moved away from Bolton in 1989,and I've always thought that,one day,I'll return,but I'm not so sure.

Even after 20+ years away I still regard it as home,but clearly,it's no longer the Town I remember so fondly.

11Bolton ??? Empty Re: Bolton ??? Sun Jul 26 2015, 13:19

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

y2johnny wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:Well that's your problem Johnny, I wouldn't do that for a gold watch. When parents teach their kids to eff and jeff then the plot is lost and unfortunately that's what I've seen occur over the last few years.

I think you may have misconstrued my comment.  I teach my kids to have respect for EVERYBODY just without committing gbh on them.

Every credit to you.
I'm not condoning smacking kids and can't ever remember smacking mine but I deserved what I got at school and it taught me not to get too big for my boots!
I even got my self a tanned arse on the day I left which was a poignant reminder and back up to what I've just said.

12Bolton ??? Empty Re: Bolton ??? Sun Jul 26 2015, 13:21

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Soz fucked up on my not so smart phone! Very Happy

13Bolton ??? Empty Re: Bolton ??? Sun Jul 26 2015, 13:26

Soul Kitchen wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

I think you may have misconstrued my comment.  I teach my kids to have respect for EVERYBODY just without committing gbh on them.

Every credit to you.
I'm not condoning smacking kids and can't ever remember smacking mine but I deserved what I got at school and it taught me not to get too big for my boots!
I even got my self a tanned arse on the day I left which was a poignant reminder and back up to what I've just said.

Obviously my worry is what they pick up else where. School. Playing with friends. All the technological ways. Short of locking them in a room until they are eighteen is just teaching them how to recognise the difference between right and wrong. And the number one saying in our house is "would you like that to happen/be said etc, to you

I was never smacked as a kid. Or even clipped round the ear at school. But i was the kid that always gave up my seat on the bus and will always help anyone if humanly possible.

I did however get expelled from school. But hey ho no one is perfect Smile

14Bolton ??? Empty Re: Bolton ??? Sun Jul 26 2015, 15:26

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I was in Bolton town centre yesterday and there was a bloke walking in front of me telling Muslim women that they, in his words, "fucking offend him". When asked why, he just replied, "because you're a horrible cunt". Openly abusing people in the street is not a good look but this guy made it clear in no uncertain terms how racist he is and didn't care one bit who was around. 

Another thing about the town centre these days is kids smoking weed. I don't give a shit if you want to smoke it, I've done it myself in the past but I don't want to have to walk through town with my kids walking through a puff of smoke like we're on stars in their fucking eyes. And on the subject of kids being disrespectful and using bad language, there is a new butchers opened up where Ann summers used to be and the guy was stood outside shouting out offers, like they do, when some kids came flying past on bikes telling him to shut the fuck up, calling him a dickhead and a wanker and stuff. Bolton really is a shithole these days. I was in town for an hour and witnessed all that.

15Bolton ??? Empty Re: Bolton ??? Sun Jul 26 2015, 17:11

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Market place used to be good, until they changed it.

It needs a face lift in most parts.

16Bolton ??? Empty Re: Bolton ??? Mon Jul 27 2015, 17:46

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And it's only going to get worse. I can't remember the last time I saw a copper walking around the town centre. The Government cutbacks affecting the Police mean there are less bodies on the streets to deal with incidents. The Government do not see the value of bobbies walking the beat because their research shows that it doesn't increase crime detection figures. The reality is that we are going to end up with a fire brigade policing system where they will only respond to incidents and will be predominantly reactive rather than proactive. And this doesn't just affect Bolton. The same slash and burn short sighted policy applies to the whole country.

17Bolton ??? Empty Re: Bolton ??? Mon Jul 27 2015, 19:20

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Your right RT, pity the bluenose bastards don't live in the real world!
I heard the brylcreem boy ballooning this afternoon about immobilising the armed forces if need be in Malaysia.
His biggest claim to fame must be his big chopper, you can see it peering through his collar.

18Bolton ??? Empty Re: Bolton ??? Mon Jul 27 2015, 20:06

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Your right RT, pity the bluenose bastards don't live in the real world!
I heard the brylcreem boy ballooning this afternoon about immobilising the armed forces if need  be in Malaysia.
His biggest claim to fame must be his big chopper, you can see it peering through his collar.

I quite agree. Amazing how our leaders can make these bold claims about how we are going to mobilize our forces wherever there is conflict in the world and we haven't even got enough coppers to adequately deal with conflict on our own streets. Bloody sound bytes..nothing more.

19Bolton ??? Empty Re: Bolton ??? Mon Jul 27 2015, 20:53

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Newport street used to be the posh part of town, proper shops people travelled to visit the town, now its becoming scary, the bit from the top end of Newport street to Trinity street seems to attract nob heads by the bus loads.

20Bolton ??? Empty Re: Bolton ??? Mon Jul 27 2015, 21:15

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The posh part of town? Do you include the Griffin and the old Wheatsheaf in that? Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum