Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers are determined to prove their doubters wrong

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Many have written off the Trotters' Championship hopes this season but that has only inspired Neil Danns and his Bolton team-mates

Midfielder Neil Danns insists the doom-mongers are providing Bolton with the ideal motivation.

The Championship’s leading lights have spent big this summer in a bid to challenge for promotion.

Even newly-promoted Bristol City have bid an initial £6m for Crystal Palace striker Dwight Gayle, yet Wanderers are yet to spend a penny in the transfer window.

Many have therefore written them off this term, but Bolton began the season by holding Derby to a 0-0 draw.

And although they lost 1-0 to Burton in the Capital One Cup on Tuesday night, Danns claims Wanderers’ results haven’t done them justice.

“We were all thinking how we lost that game,” he said. “We had a lot of possession and with the chances we created, on another day it could have been three or four. It was almost the perfect performance.

“Now we’ve got to take the positives from the first two games. We did well against Derby, who are one of the favourites and have spent a lot of money.

Bolton Wanderers season preview 2015/16

“From the outside, I think a lot of people have written us off this season with the amount of money that’s being spent around the Championship and how small our squad is.

“But anyone who saw our first two games, I think there’ll be a lot of changed minds.”

Yet with a trip to Middlesbrough next up, Bolton will be seen as the underdogs again.

“I think, as a club, we’ve got to have that togetherness, almost a siege mentality to prove people wrong,” Danns added. “We’ve all got that in abundance. Now it’s Middlesbrough, another of the favourites, so it hasn’t been an easy start. But if you judge off the performances, there’s a lot of optimism there and I think even the fans can see that we’re giving it a real good go.

“Some people had us down as one of the favourites for relegation and we’re out there to prove them wrong.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum