Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ream: It was a wrench leaving Wanderers for Fulham

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tim Ream admits he left Wanderers with a heavy heart – but is now looking forward to a new chapter in his career in the capital.

The US international officially signed for Fulham on Thursday in a deal worth £1.75million and was poised to make his debut in last night’s Capital One Cup clash with Sheffield United.

After turning down a move to QPR at the 11th hour to follow in the footsteps of fellow Americans like Brian McBride, Carlos Bocanegra and Clint Dempsey, Ream is eager to get his Craven Cottage career up and running.

But he admits it was a wrench leaving Bolton – his home since leaving New York in 2012 to play in the Premier League under Owen Coyle.

“Mixed emotions is a good way to describe it,” Ream told NBC. “When I left Bolton’s training ground on Thursday it was surreal. I spent the last three-and-a-half years there and it has been home.

“I’ve met a lot of good people and created a lot of good friendships. It was one of the toughest decisions I’ve ever had to make but it is an exciting time.”

Ream’s agent Patrick McCabe explained the reasons behind Ream’s late change of heart.

“QPR had been tracking Tim for some time and they had been diligent in making offers. Fulham had also expressed strong interest but took a little longer to formally make an offer. So we just were not sure how things would play out,” he explained.

“For weeks, it seemed like QPR was the only suitor and Tim would have been happy to join them. When Fulham entered the picture, we evaluated everything and Fulham seemed to be a better fit for his future.”

Source

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:Tim Ream admits he left Wanderers with a heavy heart – but is now looking forward to a new chapter in his career in the capital.

The US international officially signed for Fulham on Thursday in a deal worth £1.75million and was poised to make his debut in last night’s Capital One Cup clash with Sheffield United.

After turning down a move to QPR at the 11th hour to follow in the footsteps of fellow Americans like Brian McBride, Carlos Bocanegra and Clint Dempsey, Ream is eager to get his Craven Cottage career up and running.

But he admits it was a wrench leaving Bolton – his home since leaving New York in 2012 to play in the Premier League under Owen Coyle.

“Mixed emotions is a good way to describe it,” Ream told NBC. “When I left Bolton’s training ground on Thursday it was surreal. I spent the last three-and-a-half years there and it has been home.

“I’ve met a lot of good people and created a lot of good friendships. It was one of the toughest decisions I’ve ever had to make but it is an exciting time.”

Ream’s agent Patrick McCabe explained the reasons behind Ream’s late change of heart.

“QPR had been tracking Tim for some time and they had been diligent in making offers. Fulham had also expressed strong interest but took a little longer to formally make an offer. So we just were not sure how things would play out,” he explained.

“For weeks, it seemed like QPR was the only suitor and Tim would have been happy to join them. When Fulham entered the picture, we evaluated everything and Fulham seemed to be a better fit for his future.”

Source

I can't be doing with bollocks like this. If it was such a wrench ,such a hard thing to do- then why did you do it?
Answer-  you're a typical footballer- they gave you  more money.
Wrench ,my arse!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Exactly, he'd have gone to Yeovil if they'd offered him more cash.

I'd have more respect for footballers if they just said "...I'm leaving because they offered me more cash, suck on that!"

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a bigger club with a brighter future. I don't think he needs to explain himself.

Fulham aren't a bigger club than us in any way, brighter future is fair though.

Can't blame him for fancying a change, we're a sinking ship at the moment, he's at a stage in his career where he needs to maximise his earnings and I'd imagine he's sick of playing out of position.

I also wouldn't be surprised if his wife fancied a move to London too.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:It's a bigger club with a brighter future. I don't think he needs to explain himself.
He shouldn't have bothered explain how it hurt him then.His best plan was to shut up,take the money and go.

All he said was it was a tough decision and he had a good time at Bolton.

I don't see the problem with it.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:All he said was it was a tough decision and he had a good time at Bolton.

I don't see the problem with it.

You wouldn't. You are from the same generation.

He's just being polite.

If you were going out with a stumpy bird with a limp and bad breath (who may or may not live in Preston) but then a stunner whose Dad owned a brewery rang you up and declared her undying love for you, you'd obviously bale, wouldn't you?

But when you were breaking it off with Nat  the stumpy gimp, you wouldn't tell her the real reasons, would you?

You'd be gentle and do it with some tact and decorum.

And he's a Yank, let's not forget - the most annoyingly polite people on the planet.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He wasn't apologising to anyone anyway. Basically he said he'd miss the friends he's made here over the last few years and I think that's perfectly natural.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum