Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Neil Lennon on Ipswich test

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Neil Lennon on Ipswich test Empty Neil Lennon on Ipswich test Tue Nov 03 2015, 13:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Lennon says his Bolton Wanderers will have to be at their best if they are to take anything away from Ipswich Town on Tuesday evening.

After registering a clean sheet and a solitary point on the road last time out at Preston, Bolton will be aiming to go one better at Portman Road.

But the manager knows that Mick McCarthy’s side will be no pushovers on the night.

“For me, Mick is one of the best managers in this division,” Lennon said in his pre-match press conference. “You always know with Mick’s teams that they are going to be difficult to play against.

“They got off to a good start but have hit a bit of a rocky spell of later. The one thing you can be sure of is that Mick won’t panic. He’ll know what is wrong and how to fix it.

“I felt we played really well at their place last season and lost. I’m hoping we can replicate that kind of performance and overturn the result this time.

“We’re going to have to really dig in at times because we know Mick will have them well organised and motivated. They can come at you from all kinds of angles and defensively they are strong.

“Looking back, I felt we could and should have won the game at Preston. When you see the highlights back, all of the chances have fallen our way.

“Right now we just need to marry both the performance and result together, because we have been doing okay recently.”

Source

2Neil Lennon on Ipswich test Empty Re: Neil Lennon on Ipswich test Thu Nov 05 2015, 12:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

D- Must try harder.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum