Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

David Wheater wins club's October Player of the Month

+5
wanderlust
Norpig
Bwfc1958
JAH
karlypants
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

David Wheater has won the Bolton Wanderers Player of the Month award for October.

Since appearing as a half time substitute in the opening game of the month against QPR, the big defender has gone on to feature in every minute of first team action throughout October.

Wheater played a key role in helping Wanderers to a clean sheet in front of the Sky Sports television cameras against Preston North End.

“It’s nice to be recognised, but all that matters right now is improving as a team,” Wheater told bwfc.co.uk.

“There is a belief amongst the lads that one result will set us away and hopefully that’ll come this weekend against Bristol City.”

BOLTON’S OCTOBER GAMES
L 4-3 v QPR (A)
L 2-0 v Burnley (A)
L 0-1 v Birmingham (H)
D 1-1 v Leeds (H)
D 0-0 v Preston (A)

PAST PLAYER OF THE MONTH WINNERS
August: Prince-Desire Gouano
September: Mark Davies

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not really sure how any player can win October's player of the month with  those results! Very Happy

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Especially a defender!!!

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Probably been the player that's played a bit less shit than everyone else I would say.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

they should have scrapped this for October, they were all crap

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wheater looked his usual self but at present that's above par for the rest of the team. Always thought he was reckless and lumbering but in the light of our position and current squad, I'm really glad he's still with us nowadays.

I'm always surprised by fans negative view on Wheater when he's on top of his game id have him up there as one of the best in the division.

bwfc1874 wrote:I'm always surprised by fans negative view on Wheater when he's on top of his game id have him up there as one of the best in the division.

That division being the third one, presumably?  Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:I'm always surprised by fans negative view on Wheater when he's on top of his game id have him up there as one of the best in the division.

:facepalm:

Whenever he's managed to stay injury free for more than a few games he's been solid, shame about the utter tripe he's had to play alongside.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Would be a very good defender if he could run

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never rated him but better than fucking dervite.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Never rated him but better than fucking dervite.
Long John Silver in a onesie is better than Dervite.

I've told this story on here before but it bears retelling to back up these claims.

At the Rotherham away match last season I was at the front and could hear what the players were saying and Dervite (after having been run ragged for half an hour by "his man") was begging Matt Mills to swap sides in the middle of our defence and Mills finally agreed.

He was basically saying I can't cope with him.

Some bloke playing for the mighty Rotherham.

Who were as shit as us but still ran out winners on the night.

Because Mills couldn't cope with him either.......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum