Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Grand European Project

+3
Mr Magoo
karlypants
NickFazer
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Grand European Project Empty The Grand European Project Sun Nov 15 2015, 18:03

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

One or two more atrocities like Paris and Brussels's will have to abandon Schengen in the face of public opinion. Enthusiasm for "More Europe" is already diminishing amongst the general population and new countries like Slovenia and Hungary only signed up for a gravy train not to be swamped with immigrants they don't want (and have no intention of tolerating).

Cameron needs to be bold in his demands for treaty renegotiation while the technocrats are on the back foot and back an Out vote if they oppose change. They will be desperate to avoid a Brexit, if we leave then the whole thing could fall apart pretty quickly.

In my opinion the EU won't survive the migrant crisis and is too meekly led to fight Isis. Ironic really that it's most enthusiastic cheerleader in Merkel will be the one to bring about its demise by her open door policy.

2The Grand European Project Empty Re: The Grand European Project Sun Nov 15 2015, 18:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't wait for my vote on this European Union bullshit!

3The Grand European Project Empty Re: The Grand European Project Sun Nov 15 2015, 19:47

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Me too.

4The Grand European Project Empty Re: The Grand European Project Sun Nov 15 2015, 19:49

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

karlypants wrote:Can't wait for my vote on this European Union bullshit!
Are you old enough to vote KP Smile

5The Grand European Project Empty Re: The Grand European Project Sun Nov 15 2015, 19:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:
I am Magoo. Very Happy

6The Grand European Project Empty Re: The Grand European Project Sun Nov 15 2015, 19:51

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

karlypants wrote:
Mr Magoo wrote:
I am Magoo. Very Happy
I knew you had multiple accounts. Never thought you were magoo though.......

7The Grand European Project Empty Re: The Grand European Project Sun Nov 15 2015, 20:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Mr Magoo wrote:
I am Magoo. Very Happy
I knew you had multiple accounts. Never thought you were magoo though.......
It takes a lot to act like Magoo. Very Happy

8The Grand European Project Empty Re: The Grand European Project Sun Nov 15 2015, 20:09

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I bet your worn out KP, go and have a sit down.

9The Grand European Project Empty Re: The Grand European Project Sun Nov 15 2015, 20:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:I bet your worn out KP, go and have a sit down.
:biggrin:

10The Grand European Project Empty Re: The Grand European Project Mon Nov 16 2015, 00:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Struggling to see the link between European immigration policy and the Paris attack. Surely that's more about the reaction to European and American interests and activities in the Middle East?

I.e. us pouring into their countries to nick their oil, decide which western puppet will govern them to ensure the continuity of supply and backing up our demands with military force and wars.

I'm inclined to think that the terrorists are more pissed off with western imperialism than petty eurocraticisms - although TBF Brussels' hard line on the straightness of bananas was long overdue.

11The Grand European Project Empty Re: The Grand European Project Mon Nov 16 2015, 11:00

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
I'm inclined to think that the terrorists are more pissed off with western imperialism than petty eurocraticisms - although TBF Brussels' hard line on the straightness of bananas was long overdue.
Surprised

12The Grand European Project Empty Re: The Grand European Project Mon Nov 16 2015, 13:14

Frustratingly there are plenty who will use atrocities like we saw on Friday for their own politics, Marine Le Pen has jumped on it straight away as has Farage. Personally I'm strongly in favour of a closer European Union and I'm proud to be part of it. Like Lust, I don't really see the connection here, how would the attacks have been stopped had their been no freedom of movement? The latest theory is that the 'masterminds' (don't really think these idiots are deserving of that title) plotted in Belgium? Is the argument that they'd never have been able to cross the border into France?

13The Grand European Project Empty Re: The Grand European Project Mon Nov 16 2015, 19:57

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:Struggling to see the link between European immigration policy and the Paris attack. Surely that's more about the reaction to European and American interests and activities in the Middle East?

I.e. us pouring into their countries to nick their oil, decide which western puppet will govern them to ensure the continuity of supply and backing up our demands with military force and wars.

I imagine the civil war in Syria and other Isis activities have some bearing on the wave of "refugees" knocking on the EU door, although other economic migrants have taken advantage of the chaos to get in to Europe and probably a multitude of IS extremists to boot. If Schengen is abandoned , a matter of time IMO, then one of the cornerstones of the Union will have been removed.

14The Grand European Project Empty Re: The Grand European Project Tue Nov 17 2015, 21:15

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The straight banana law no longer exists and hasn't for the last 8 years!

As for EU surviving after this - definitely - if it can survive a currency crisis, it can survive anything!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum