Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Paul Lambert new Bar Steward boss

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Paul Lambert new Bar Steward boss Empty Paul Lambert new Bar Steward boss Sun Nov 15 2015, 19:14

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He must be behind with his mortgage payments.

Paul Lambert new Bar Steward boss 209g45s

2Paul Lambert new Bar Steward boss Empty Re: Paul Lambert new Bar Steward boss Tue Nov 17 2015, 19:38

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Thought he would be in the running for Fulham or QPR. Still he's a miserable looking git, so he should fit right in at Dedwood.

3Paul Lambert new Bar Steward boss Empty Re: Paul Lambert new Bar Steward boss Tue Nov 17 2015, 19:54

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good manager.

4Paul Lambert new Bar Steward boss Empty Re: Paul Lambert new Bar Steward boss Tue Nov 17 2015, 19:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure his first move in January will be to sign that useless tugboat Agbonlahor.

5Paul Lambert new Bar Steward boss Empty Re: Paul Lambert new Bar Steward boss Tue Nov 17 2015, 20:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You mean one of the most consistent performers in premier league history.

I don't doubt he will kick on a lot quicker than Lennon has.

6Paul Lambert new Bar Steward boss Empty Re: Paul Lambert new Bar Steward boss Tue Nov 17 2015, 20:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:You mean one of the most consistent performers in premier league history.

Consistently shite, no arguments here. Truly rubbish player.

7Paul Lambert new Bar Steward boss Empty Re: Paul Lambert new Bar Steward boss Tue Nov 17 2015, 20:21

Very good appointment, difficult to judge any manager from their performances at the Villa the clubs broken - in a similar way to ours.

8Paul Lambert new Bar Steward boss Empty Re: Paul Lambert new Bar Steward boss Tue Nov 17 2015, 22:27

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Coyle was a good manager with only one fail (a club called Bolton something) when he took on the Wigan job.

You're only as good as your last job.

9Paul Lambert new Bar Steward boss Empty Re: Paul Lambert new Bar Steward boss Tue Nov 17 2015, 22:39

Copper Dragon wrote:Coyle was a good manager with only one fail (a club called Bolton something) when he took on the Wigan job.

To be fair though, the sudden step up in class to managing a big club can be difficult to handle for some people, especially if they've only ever managed teams half way up a mountain, somewhere in the banjo-playing backwoods, whose only real idea of success is beating their (equally pointless and inbred) rivals once every Preston Guild.

So let's not judge Columba too harshly for failing to adjust to the bright lights, permanent housing (ie not on wheels) and running water of Bolton.

10Paul Lambert new Bar Steward boss Empty Re: Paul Lambert new Bar Steward boss Tue Nov 17 2015, 22:43

Copper Dragon wrote:Coyle was a good manager with only one fail (a club called Bolton something) when he took on the Wigan job.

Bit of a simple way of looking at things, there are countless examples of managers having bad times then recovering in their next jobs. I rate Lambert, we'll see how he gets on there.

11Paul Lambert new Bar Steward boss Empty Re: Paul Lambert new Bar Steward boss Tue Nov 17 2015, 22:47

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:
To be fair though, the sudden step up in class to managing a big club can be difficult to handle for some people, especially if they've only ever managed teams half way up a mountain, somewhere in the banjo-playing backwoods, whose only real idea of success is beating their (equally pointless and inbred) rivals once every Preston Guild.

So let's not judge Columba too harshly for failing to adjust to the bright lights, permanent housing (ie not on wheels) and running water of Bolton.

I remember Boxing Day 2009 at t'Turf when the 2,600 Bolton fans chanted for the Burnley manager Owen Coyle.

You only have yourselves to blame.  afro

12Paul Lambert new Bar Steward boss Empty Re: Paul Lambert new Bar Steward boss Tue Nov 17 2015, 22:57

No, we know who's to blame but apparently he's "seriously ill" so we have to be nice to him (for now at least) and pretend he's not a fucking dickhead who has made a shit load of cash out of running the club into the ground.

Don't set me off again......

13Paul Lambert new Bar Steward boss Empty Re: Paul Lambert new Bar Steward boss Tue Nov 17 2015, 23:29

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm looking forward to the Christmas match.

Him and Lennon are good mates I understand so we've got all that endless arse kissing to look forward to about what a "great (but difficult) job" each other is doing.

That, as well as the usual..."derbies...passionate games...difficult games...not easy...mean a lot to the fans."

14Paul Lambert new Bar Steward boss Empty Re: Paul Lambert new Bar Steward boss Tue Nov 17 2015, 23:35

doffcocker wrote:I'm looking forward to the Christmas match.

Him and Lennon are good mates I understand so we've got all that endless arse kissing to look forward to about what a "great (but difficult) job" each other is doing.

That, as well as the usual..."derbies...passionate games...difficult games...not easy...mean a lot to the fans."

Just reading that, I've decided that I hate modern football.

You're spot on, mate - that's it in a nutshell and stark, clear relief.

Two clowns, both of whom are earning more money than the rest of us could only ever dream of picking up and yet, they've still got problems and their lives are "trying".......

Fuck it.....does anyone know of a semi-professional Netball league I can go and follow instead?

At least there would be short skirts to look at / up.

15Paul Lambert new Bar Steward boss Empty Re: Paul Lambert new Bar Steward boss Wed Nov 18 2015, 08:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

Two clowns, both of whom are earning more money than the rest of us could only ever dream of picking up and yet, they've still got problems and their lives are "trying".......

Totally agree, but aren't you the one who normally says "depression" can happen to anyone?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum