Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shopping list.

+5
boltonbonce
Numpty 28723
karlypants
wanderlust
rammywhite
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Shopping list. Empty Shopping list. Mon Nov 30 2015, 11:24

I've been off the beer for a few weeks in an attempt to give my body a fighting chance come the Christmas festivities but seeing as The Whites are on telly tonight, I'm relenting and treating myself to some Buds.

Mrs B has left me a list for when I go to Tesco in a bit to buy the beer and it reads thusly:

Minced beef
Barms
Cheese slices
Anything else you think we might need.

So I'm assuming that I'll get a call at some point soon during which she will suggest that I make some burgers for tea tonight.

But it's the "Anything else you think we might need" bit that I'm struggling with.

Can I get away with saying that "I think we might need" some CD's and a packet of Chocolate Digestives?

What would you get?

2Shopping list. Empty Re: Shopping list. Mon Nov 30 2015, 11:45

Breadman wrote:I've been off the beer for a few weeks in an attempt to give my body a fighting chance come the Christmas festivities but seeing as The Whites are on telly tonight, I'm relenting and treating myself to some Buds.

Mrs B has left me a list for when I go to Tesco in a bit to buy the beer and it reads thusly:

Minced beef
Barms
Cheese slices

So I'm assuming that I'll get a call at some point soon during which she will suggest that I make some burgers for tea tonight.

But it's the "Anything else you think we might need" bit that I'm struggling with.

Can I get away with saying that "I think we might need" some CD's and a packet of Chocolate Digestives?

What would you get?
chocolate milk and cadbury's buttons for me please, i'll be round ten minutes before kick off.  just ketchup on my burger, Ta Smile

3Shopping list. Empty Re: Shopping list. Mon Nov 30 2015, 11:48

You know the drill, no pants.

4Shopping list. Empty Re: Shopping list. Mon Nov 30 2015, 11:49

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:I've been off the beer for a few weeks in an attempt to give my body a fighting chance come the Christmas festivities but seeing as The Whites are on telly tonight, I'm relenting and treating myself to some Buds.

Minced beef
Barms
Cheese slices

What would you get?

She's missed the onions. Tell the dozy bint that you can't have burgers without fried onions. Consider marriage guidance if she argues about this. The subject of fried onions or no fried onions is not up for debate. It's a given in life.

5Shopping list. Empty Re: Shopping list. Mon Nov 30 2015, 11:50

Breadman wrote:You know the drill, no pants.
Deal, see you there Very Happy

6Shopping list. Empty Re: Shopping list. Mon Nov 30 2015, 11:51

rammywhite wrote:

Minced beef
Barms
Cheese slices

What would you get?

She's missed the onions. Tell the dozy bint that you can't have burgers without fried onions. Consider marriage guidance if she argues about this. The subject of fried onions or no fried onions is not up for debate. It's a given in life.
might already have onions in you onion Very Happy

7Shopping list. Empty Re: Shopping list. Mon Nov 30 2015, 11:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pudding: 750g bar of Toblerone currently on offer at our Tesco for £3.

Also a bottle or two of Parra Alta Argie Malbec at a fiver apiece - perfect accompaniment to burgers. Not quite as good as the other argie Malbec they have next to it - the one with the Italian-sounding name (Trentino?) - which is usually about £9 but has been on offer in some Tescos recently. Be careful though - "Trentino" do a Shiraz which is nice but overpriced for what it is whereas their Malbec is yum and worth every penny.

A nice single malt to finish off with. Jura was on offer the other day.

8Shopping list. Empty Re: Shopping list. Mon Nov 30 2015, 11:52

Ah though.......you see........we've already got onions.

(Red, white, Shallots and Spring - onions are one thing we have in abundance.)

She's not that daft.

(Although she does insist on having thinly sliced fried mushrooms on her burger as well as the onions which is just plain odd in my book.)

9Shopping list. Empty Re: Shopping list. Mon Nov 30 2015, 11:56

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:Ah though.......you see........we've already got onions.

(Red, white, Shallots and Spring - onions are one thing we have in abundance.)

She's not that daft.

(Although she does insist on having thinly sliced fried mushrooms on her burger as well as the onions which is just plain odd in my book.)

Not as dozy as I thought then. Use the white ones.
What are you going to do with the shallots? They're a bit posh aren't they?

10Shopping list. Empty Re: Shopping list. Mon Nov 30 2015, 11:57

wanderlust wrote:Pudding: 750g bar of Toblerone currently on offer at our Tesco for £3.

Also a bottle or two of Parra Alta Argie Malbec at a fiver apiece - perfect accompaniment to burgers. Not quite as good as the other argie Malbec they have next to it - the one with the Italian-sounding name (Trentino?) - which is usually about £9 but has been on offer in some Tescos recently. Be careful though - "Trentino" do a Shiraz which is nice but overpriced for what it is whereas their Malbec is yum and worth every penny.

Pudding's already sorted because she watched Nigella making some biscuit-type thingies yesterday involving crushed digestive biscuits, peanut butter and a lot of chocolate.

There's a slab of it about a foot square in the fridge so we're sorted.

Might go with the Jura though.

If I mix it with coke am I going to hell?

11Shopping list. Empty Re: Shopping list. Mon Nov 30 2015, 11:59

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't know about you lot but my taste buds are already working, I fancy some burgers for tea now. Very Happy

12Shopping list. Empty Re: Shopping list. Mon Nov 30 2015, 12:00

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:I don't know about you lot but my taste buds are already working, I fancy some burgers for tea now. Very Happy

I'm at work now and the staff canteen always has burgers on. You've got me thinking now!!

13Shopping list. Empty Re: Shopping list. Mon Nov 30 2015, 12:02

rammywhite wrote:

What are you going to do with the shallots? They're a bit posh aren't they?

I realised that the sad day has finally arrived when my metamorphosis into my Father is now fully complete earlier today when I conducted the onion stock take and said (out loud despite there only being me in the house):

"Red, White, Spring and, oh look.....that's shallot!"

:facepalm:

(No idea why we've got some in, by the way. She's probably seen a recipe which calls for their use in one of her comics.)

14Shopping list. Empty Re: Shopping list. Mon Nov 30 2015, 12:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Pudding: 750g bar of Toblerone currently on offer at our Tesco for £3.

Might go with the Jura though.

If I mix it with coke am I going to hell?
Do not snort whisky. You will be talking shite ten to the dozen all night and your nose will burn.

Think of single malts as cordial. Dilution with room temperature tap water is acceptable.

15Shopping list. Empty Re: Shopping list. Mon Nov 30 2015, 12:15

Seriously Breaders, stick some mushrooms on yours, they are really really nice.  We have got the mini steak burger from tesco's for tonight, we have ours naked (which means without the bun before magoo gets all giddy!) with fried onions and mushrooms and cheese!  oh and curly fries of course Smile

16Shopping list. Empty Re: Shopping list. Mon Nov 30 2015, 12:21

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Seriously Breaders, stick some mushrooms on yours, they are really really nice.  We have got the mini steak burger from tesco's for tonight, we have ours naked (which means without the bun before magoo gets all giddy!) with fried onions and mushrooms and cheese!  oh and curly fries of course Smile
How is it a proper burger without the bun? Evil or Very Mad

I thought you we're the connoisseur of them!

17Shopping list. Empty Re: Shopping list. Mon Nov 30 2015, 12:23

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

A fan of 1950s screen stars as well as Bolton Wanderers? By the end of the match your stress levels are bound to be running high so tell Mrs Breadwoman to fetch you one of these.

18Shopping list. Empty Re: Shopping list. Mon Nov 30 2015, 12:25

Numpty 28723 wrote:A fan of 1950s screen stars as well as Bolton Wanderers? By the end of the match your stress levels are bound to be running high so tell Mrs Breadwoman to fetch you one of these.

You're even weirder than me.......

19Shopping list. Empty Re: Shopping list. Mon Nov 30 2015, 12:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I always forget to take the shopping list out with me,then have to phone home to find out what we wanted.

20Shopping list. Empty Re: Shopping list. Mon Nov 30 2015, 12:31

boltonbonce wrote:I always forget to take the shopping list out with me,then have to phone home to find out what we wanted.

Or the pond water's made the ink run and it's no longer legible?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum