Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Neil Lennon admits doubts over his own future as Bolton takeover talks rumble on

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Lennon knows his own future could be in doubt, even if Wanderers make progress in the boardroom this week.

After his side crashed 3-2 at home to Cardiff to leave themselves four points adrift at the foot of the Championship table, the Whites boss said he hoped for good news on the takeover front at some point this week.

Dean Holdsworth, the man whose Sports Shield Investment group appears to be ahead in the race to buy the club and who many believe could be confirmed as the preferred bidder as early as today, looked on from the hospitality boxes on Saturday.

Lennon is keen to see a resolution but refuses to blame off-field turmoil for poor results.

“First and foremost you have to safeguard the future of the club – whether or not I’m here to see that through or not is another matter,” he told The Bolton News.

“I can only concentrate on the team. I am stood here really disappointed.

“There is no excuse. You can see in the way that they are playing it is not affecting them. That is conjecture more than anything else.”

Though Holdsworth’s appearance at the Macron would indicate a level of confidence about his own bid, Lennon believes the race is still open.

“I don’t know who’s in the driving seat – as I said on Thursday it still seems a case of first past the post,” he said.

“I haven’t heard any more on that. There are documents to go through and legal things to go through, so I think we’ll be expecting some sort of answer next week.”

His view is echoed by the club, who maintain that talks are ongoing despite an obvious urgency to bridge the financial gap and prevent administration.

Lennon's task of improving the club’s fortunes was made all the tougher with a fifth red card of the season on Saturday, this time for Spanish defender Jose Manuel Casado.

The Wanderers boss was less than impressed with his summer signing, although the return of Dean Moxey from a toe injury does give him some cover for next week’s trip to Hull City.

“He’s on a yellow – I’m not happy about the sending off. It’s ill-disciplined in the position we find ourselves in at the minute,” he added.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum