Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Paying the staff

+12
Mr Magoo
Soul Kitchen
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
karlypants
terenceanne
Norpig
Sluffy
Chairmanda
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Paying the staff Empty Paying the staff Wed Dec 09 2015, 12:06

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Those of you on facebook may have seen this, I thought I'd post it here in case anyone felt like getting involved. I don't know the person who has set it up, or anything about how it will work, but posting it for you to make your own mind up

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Paying the staff Empty Re: Paying the staff Wed Dec 09 2015, 12:10

I posted it on one of the other threads.

The good intention is there and if i knew it was going to the staff then i would donate but you just dont know these days.

3Paying the staff Empty Re: Paying the staff Wed Dec 09 2015, 12:13

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

sorry y2j, didnt see it, my bad...mods feel free to delete this thread if it gets confusing.

4Paying the staff Empty Re: Paying the staff Wed Dec 09 2015, 12:29

Chairmanda wrote:sorry y2j, didnt see it, my bad...mods feel free to delete this thread if it gets confusing.
No i only posted the link and was going to do a thread on it's own as i think it deserves it.

If anyone does know the person who has set it up i think it would ease peoples minds a little and encourage them to donate.

5Paying the staff Empty Re: Paying the staff Wed Dec 09 2015, 13:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

More than 300 staff at Bolton Wanderers given 'no guarantees' they will be paid at Christmas

MORE than 300 staff at Bolton Wanderers could go without pay this Christmas as the financial disaster continues to bite at the Macron Stadium.

No guarantees have been given to administrative or managerial personnel that they will receive their December pay packet, which is due on the 21st of the month.

The Bolton News understands that the matter hangs on whether the club can find a new buyer in the next seven days, although other short-term funding options are being investigated, which are thought to involve the hotel and offices adjoining the ground.

Senior players went without pay in November, with the PFA called in 24 hours later to an emergency meeting to explain their options.

The union has said it would step in to help with salaries but only if Wanderers were to go into administration, which would be a strong possibility if new ownership is not agreed quickly as a winding up order from HMRC is imminent.

They are paid at the end of the month, but like the non-footballing staff, have also been given no guarantees that they will be paid for either November or December.

Despite the problems, the whole of Neil Lennon’s squad turned out for the Junior Whites Christmas party tonight.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

6Paying the staff Empty Re: Paying the staff Wed Dec 09 2015, 13:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Merry Christmas from BWFC  Rolling Eyes. This once great club we all love is going down the pan. I said it on another thread but Eddie Davies should be ashamed with the way this has all been handled. How about spending some of those regular interest payments he was getting for years to help out the low paid staff who actually keep the club running

7Paying the staff Empty Re: Paying the staff Wed Dec 09 2015, 17:22

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What surprises me is that there are 300 staff !!!  and apparently that's not all of them.  scratch

8Paying the staff Empty Re: Paying the staff Wed Dec 09 2015, 17:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:What surprises me is that there are 300 staff !!!  and apparently that's not all of them.  scratch
I didn't even think the figure would be anything near to that. Shocked

9Paying the staff Empty Re: Paying the staff Wed Dec 09 2015, 17:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:What surprises me is that there are 300 staff !!!  and apparently that's not all of them.  scratch
Multiply that by the average national wage and there's your £900k a month or thereabouts.

Just wondering what they all do all week? It's not as if we need 50 people manning the ticket office. And if they had all week to do it, 2 blokes could clean the stadium.

10Paying the staff Empty Re: Paying the staff Wed Dec 09 2015, 18:00

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It counts all the catering, cleaning, commercial, administrative staff plus people like the director's secretaries and PA's, the programme sellers and workers in the hotel, club shop etc.

11Paying the staff Empty Re: Paying the staff Wed Dec 09 2015, 18:47

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought 300 was a hell of a lot too.

12Paying the staff Empty Re: Paying the staff Wed Dec 09 2015, 18:51

Stewards..

13Paying the staff Empty Re: Paying the staff Wed Dec 09 2015, 18:56

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

300 of them.  They only work a few hours every fortnight so can't see their wage being that much.

14Paying the staff Empty Re: Paying the staff Wed Dec 09 2015, 19:00

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not hard to replace stewards, just look for any aggressive bald headed thick cnut and stick him in an orange jacket.

15Paying the staff Empty Re: Paying the staff Wed Dec 09 2015, 19:02

So that's how Soul Kitchen can afford to watch every game.

16Paying the staff Empty Re: Paying the staff Wed Dec 09 2015, 19:03

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:So that's how Soul Kitchen can afford to watch every game.

Laughing

17Paying the staff Empty Re: Paying the staff Wed Dec 09 2015, 19:15

BoltonTillIDie wrote:300 of them.  They only work a few hours every fortnight so can't see their wage being that much.

Its not and it wont be but it all adds up and sensationalises the story even more.

18Paying the staff Empty Re: Paying the staff Wed Dec 09 2015, 19:16

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Not hard to replace stewards, just look for any aggressive bald headed thick cnut and stick him in an orange jacket.

Yep. You are a twat

19Paying the staff Empty Re: Paying the staff Wed Dec 09 2015, 19:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes because our stewards are definitely not like that.  Rolling Eyes

20Paying the staff Empty Re: Paying the staff Wed Dec 09 2015, 19:21

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Yes because our stewards are definitely not like that.  Rolling Eyes

Yeah just like ALL Muslims are terrorists. Get a new act dick head

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum