Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fitness boost as strike duo Zach Clough and Wellington Silva near first team return

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Lennon finally has some good news to reveal at Wanderers.

Zach Clough and Wellington Silva are now nearing a first team return, although this weekend’s trip to Hull City could come too soon for the attacking pair.

Lennon has been without Clough since mid-September when he dislocated his shoulder in the 0-0 draw with Sheffield Wednesday at the Macron.

The 20-year-old has since had surgery and has been out on the training ground for the last week stepping up his fitness.

On loan Arsenal winger Wellington suffered a bad hamstring tear a month later in the 1-0 defeat to Birmingham City and has sat out the last seven games.

But after a seemingly never-ending stream of bad news off the pitch in the last couple of weeks, Lennon was finally able to give fans a little optimism.

“They are not far away at all,” he told The Bolton News. “It’ll be good to have them back because it’s clear to see we’ve missed them a lot.”

Wanderers travel to Charlton next Tuesday night in what could be a relegation six-pointer, with an outside shot of both Clough and Wellington being involved.

Should the club’s financial issues escalate then the talented academy graduate Clough, who recently signed a new four-year deal, would become arguably the most saleable asset in the squad.

He had a string of Premier League clubs watching his every move when he burst on to the scene at the start of the year with six goals in 10 appearances.

And though he did not fare as well in the early stages of this season, scoring his only goal in the club’s only win of the season to date, against Wolves, the youngster is confident he can emerge stronger and put the shoulder injuries that have plagued his career so far behind him.

“Mentally I’m not really worrying,” he told The Bolton News. “I’ve done all the work that the physios have set me, so I shouldn’t really struggle with many more shoulder injuries. I think I’ve got that sorted now.

“When I was out there earlier this season it felt different. It felt that maybe I was getting more attention.

“I don’t know what other clubs talk about in the dressing rooms but it felt like teams knew who I was, and that made it a bit harder.

“I think I’ve learned from that now. I need to change my game a little bit and maybe play a little bit higher up the pitch – make it more difficult for people to mark me.”

Source

these too (if they stay fit) could make a huge difference for us.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Clough will be fit just in time to be sold for peanuts in a bid to avoid administration of Neil's to be believed y2j.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum