Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Young Whites star Rob Holding is one bright spot for boss Neil Lennon

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rob Holding’s encouraging performance was the scant consolation Neil Lennon could take from another toothless afternoon on the road.

The 20-year-old defender has been knocking on the door at first team level for the last 12 months but suffered a torrid time on his league debut at Middlesbrough earlier in the season.

Holding emerged with credit after Saturday’s 1-0 defeat at Hull – but not so the Wanderers midfield, who according to Lennon did not create enough to get the team back into the game after Chuba Akpom’s 19th minute strike.

“I thought Rob Holding was excellent and huge positive from the game,” the manager said. “But I didn’t think we were at it in midfield first half at all. With the amount of ball we should be doing better.

“What I wanted from Davies was to be more purposeful with the ball and he wasn’t anywhere near it in first half. He was in the second. We hit the post and you think that is the spark but it was bits and pieces from both sides.

“Our delivery from set plays was poor from really good areas. If we are not going to score from open play then we may get an opportunity from set plays but delivery has to be better.”

Hull goal-scorer Chuba Akpom admitted his side were not on top form but did enough for three points.

"The season is full of ups and downs and you can't expect to win every game and to play amazing every day. You have got to grind it out sometimes and thankfully we have experienced players in our team who can deal with these situations as well as us younger players as well.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum