Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ground Control to Major Tim.

+7
whatsgoingon
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
gloswhite
wanderlust
boltonbonce
Bwfc1958
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Ground Control to Major Tim. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ground Control to Major Tim. Sat Jun 18 2016, 13:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Not wishing to be controversial and being the only one to have a differing view at all on this thread - I simply can't see what the fuss is about over Peake other than he's British?

There's been hundreds of astronaut's in space for getting on for FIFTY years now and Peake is just another one on that long list.

He didn't do anything much any difference to the rest of the others - he certainly didn't break any records or do any 'firsts' that could not have been done by anyone else given that job to do.

He's not even the first Brit in space!  Helen Sharman did that TWENTYFIVE years ago!

He seems to be a perfectly likeable bloke and comes across well at the interviews he's done and I don't wish to knock him at all really - just that I can't fathom out what all the fuss is being made over him apart from as I've already said that he's British?

I bet his Russians and American colleagues who have been in space with him during his time up there doing more or less the same as he has done haven't been on their respective national telly every five minutes like Peake has - if at all!

I'm pleased he's made it back safely and he certainly had many personal quality's that most of us do not to have been chosen to go into space in the first place but quite frankly it has all been a jingoistic fuss and nothing more.

22Ground Control to Major Tim. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ground Control to Major Tim. Sat Jun 18 2016, 14:00

Yeah, you're right.

So he's risked his life for the advancement of science and he's probably inspired a load of kids to get into Physics and Astronomy - big fucking deal.

Has he got his own football forum? No, has he fuck.

Bollocks to the attention seeking prick......

23Ground Control to Major Tim. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ground Control to Major Tim. Sat Jun 18 2016, 14:04

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Yeah, you're right.

So he's risked his life for the advancement of science and he's probably inspired a load of kids to get into Physics and Astronomy - big fucking deal.

Has he got his own football forum? No, has he fuck.

Bollocks to the attention seeking prick......

Bit strong, innit?

24Ground Control to Major Tim. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ground Control to Major Tim. Sat Jun 18 2016, 14:06

Nah, Sluffy's right - fuck him.

There's obviously too much of this celebrating British success knocking about.

The rugby team can fuck off too. Just because they've wrapped up the series against the second best team in the world this morning doesn't mean they've earned any credit.

Bunch of fat twats....

25Ground Control to Major Tim. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ground Control to Major Tim. Sat Jun 18 2016, 14:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's done something I could only dream of. It's an immense mental and physical achievement,and although travelling into space is no longer the rarity it once was,I think the courage of these men and women should be warmly applauded.
And he's one of our own. Nothing wrong in puffing your chest out in pride.
Many children had the chance to take part in a Q&A session with him,and I'm sure he set a good few of them on the path to a career in science.
Well done Tim.

26Ground Control to Major Tim. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ground Control to Major Tim. Sat Jun 18 2016, 14:45

boltonbonce wrote:He's done something I could only dream of. It's an immense mental and physical achievement,and although travelling into space is no longer the rarity it once was,I think the courage of these men and women should be warmly applauded.
And he's one of our own. Nothing wrong in puffing your chest out in pride.
Many children had the chance to take part in a Q&A session with him,and I'm sure he set a good few of them on the path to a career in science.
Well done Tim.

Complete waste of the last six months.

He should have spent that time productively instead.

The Supporters Trust has been up to all sorts of sneaky shit during that time like arranging friendly games and organising bent elections.

Instead of poncing about in space, Peake should've been investigating them.

That man's priorities are all wrong.

27Ground Control to Major Tim. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ground Control to Major Tim. Sat Jun 18 2016, 14:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He signed up for the ST last month. Could be significant. Wink

28Ground Control to Major Tim. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ground Control to Major Tim. Sun Jun 19 2016, 20:57

I know my lad has been very interested in it all since he went up.  We even watched cbeebies bedtime stories where he was reading a kids book while he was up there.  Amazing stuff.

(For thos who dont know its like jackanory)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum